[IllFonic]Courier

Patch 10.25.17 - Bug, Glitches, and General Issues

266 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

The last update before today's fixed most of the issues I had, including the FPS issue. Previously, the game was unplayable for me, and finally, it was playable again. I was overjoyed. But now you guys done messed it up AGAIN, and I'm getting sick of it.

I didn't realize you were putting in new servers based on region, and it's terrible. It now takes 3-4 times longer to find a lobby with barely anyone in it, and the game crashes each time a match tries to load. Twice it kicked me back to the menu, the third time the game itself crashed and kicked me to the desktop. I must stress that everything was perfectly fine (well, mostly) before today's update. Now, YET AGAIN, I can't play a game I paid $40 for. This is bullshit.

It's getting to the point that I'm starting to dread each new update.

Okay, a reboot seems to have fixed the slow lobby loading and game crashing, but loading a level is still slow and glitchy (the opening cinematic often cuts off/repeats). Once the level finally loads sometimes I'm stuck in first-person mode and can't move, but otherwise the game seems to play normally. Overall, the game loaded levels much more smoothly before the update, but at least I can still actually play (most of the time, anyway). One less thing for me to bitch about, lol.

Part 6 Jason now needs 6 hits to break down a door as opposed to 4 previously. Bummer.

As Jason, I just warped right into a cabin from the map.  The cabin was locked up as well.  Both myself and the counselor we're shocked as hell.

Jason's grab is fucked. Totally unneeded change. Between that and the needless spacing on the traps Jason has been totally nerfed. He was perfect before this update. He needs to be rolled back ASAP.

4 people like this

I found a tape. It was either a duplicate or it just didn't register at all.

Also, Just a general beef but the pendulum has swung heavily back in favor of the counselors. The items showing up on the map is lame. Tommy being put in hero mode is okay. The traps noy being able to be bundled hurts Jason big time as well. Good players will adjust, but I wish the developers would quit with the push/pull of balance.

Had this happen. Pic attached to other thread.

Has destruction been fixed for Jason despite the numerous nerfs I’m reading. 

3 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

IF you mean nerfed then yes it has been

7 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

Fixed? There was nothing wrong with high destruction Jasons before.

I found a Pamela/Tommy tape today, died to Jason, when I checked my tapes it wasn't there and just the two I've found before. Bug, or did they change it to you needing to survive to keep a tape?

5 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

The grab range is seemingly the same. Just reduce it by a bit more.

Git Gud.

Played about 5 matches this evening. 10/25/2017. Xbox One

1) Saw on 4 different occasions (2 times it was me)  that a Jason killing counselors with melee attacks only resulted in the counselor dying, but remaining in a standing hunched position. The counselors did not fall to the ground and remained fixed in position. Even saw one instance of a car trying to back away from Jason and hitting the standing body of a counselor and being unable to move backwards further (again this was my body in front of Packanack Lodge). It did not wreck the car but it stopped it cleanly from moving backwards as if the car hit a tree.

2) Saw Tommy step in a trap next to the 4 door car driver's door. The trap triggered, remained on Tommy's leg, and he entered the car. The "enter car door" animation prevented damage and negated the trap. I guess this is a minor improvement. Previously, the person entering the car would just completely bypass the trap.:P

3) Hit Jason twice with a bat as Mitch; one hit after the other. No stun effect.

4) Hit Jason with a machete while he had grabbed a counselor. He vanished along with the counselor. It awarded me fight back XP, but did not cause Jason to drop the counselor. He teleported back a few moments later after finishing off the counselor at whatever random location he vanished to.

5) I killed 5/6 counselors in a one match. It said I killed 6/6 in the results screen while still showing that one person escaped. Tommy had not been called.

6) Sometimes if you move your "movement" joystick while exiting from under a bed you will pop out at the head of the bed and can be wedged into a position where you are trapped and cannot get away. Occasionally, the prompt to re-enter the hiding spot can pop up. If you enter back under the bed, then exit again without touching the joysticks it will usually leave you free to leave. For the record, this is not from this patch, but it occurred a few times with the last patch as well. It always seems related to a bed. One time it was a random cabin that I don't remember. The other time I do remember was a Higgin's Main house. The room to the far right on the first floor.

*Copied this over from the Patch Notes thread.

still have frame rate issuse one xbox one,

game stuck on black screen at the end of match.

jason static screen effect stuck on at the end until back in the lobby

41 minutes ago, Drawxne said:

I found a Pamela/Tommy tape today, died to Jason, when I checked my tapes it wasn't there and just the two I've found before. Bug, or did they change it to you needing to survive to keep a tape?

Same on both tapes. Neither saved. Xbox One.

Just noticed that jason is still able to destroy the fuse box while he has a counselor in his hands. I thought this was supposed to be fixed this patch. This was on xbox one.

Not a fan of the new grab nerf. Trap spacing I can live with, but the grab needs to go back to before, or at least a middle ground.

Another issue that we ran into is not being able to use the sweater when trying to kill jason. The girl with the sweater spammed the button while in front of jason and it wasn't activating

Experienced a bug several times where after breaking free from a trap, if I spammed my item use, in this case a heal spray, it wouldnt work and then it wouldnt allow me to use or interact with objectives/items. Jumping through a window seemed to have fixed it but its still a problem.

It seems with the new environmental kills, it still plays the music associated with them even when you have the music turned off in the settings. -_- 

This isnt a new issue but i would like to see firecrackers get fixed. I cant tell you how many times i have thrown firecrackers down and jason just walks right through them and kills me and no he isnt already stunned.

If Tommy is called and you kill all the survivors, you get You killed 8/7 as Jason which must be 8/8.

ppWGqry.jpg

The game is calculating kills wrong. I'm the host of a match just now, and only 3 players have been killed but the score is showing up as 6/8.

I fail to understand how companies like Nintendo manage to release technically flawless games every time, yet despite a long public beta, multiple patches, and 6 months out in the wild, this game is still riddled with basic errors.

Do you people have any pride in your work?

1 person likes this

Update: a match I was in just ended 10/6. That's definitely a new one for me.

OK, glitches and BAD things I've noticed.

-Jason can no longer throw people through a window for a kill. You will just stand there until they kick out.

-Everyone just fights Jason now. There is no fear for Jason since he cannot grab or anything

-The bear trap "fix" is game breaking. Why would you limit where, and how many bear traps Jason can lay?

-The game is unplayable right now. It's basically run around, get the parts (which are all shown), and escape before Jason even gets rage.

-All kills are locked

-Every game at least two people escape

There was more, but I rage quit this game. Back to South Park..