[IllFonic]Courier

Patch 10.25.17 - Bug, Glitches, and General Issues

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Perhaps it is meant to be a glass bowl?

No, it's transparent in that it looks like a cloud of particles, not solid and see-through.

I've noticed that the hitting Jason doesn't always work when you try to save a teammate from a grab.

Several times over multiple games my friend and I stuck close together incase we got grabbed.

Then I got grabbed and my friend (playing as Adam) struck Jason 3 times with the bat, breaking it over his head and getting the points for hitting Jason. However this didn't stun Jason as it should have (?) 

This is a pretty fundamental flaw, or we are just playing it wrong? 

I've encountered this blue light a couple times before. Maybe a lighting bug? Could have sworn I've seen this "blue light" mentioned in a thread a while ago.

412432515.jpg?psid=1

Man the consoles are hurting. 

@GhostWolfViking For the rain+lag bug, would the rain cause the ping to go up? I monitor my fps on PC and rain maps have a tendency to momentarily drop the frame rate drastically, sometimes down to 0, but the game just freezes for a second when that happens. I've never checked if it disrupts the ping. 

Have you had anything that drastic happen on non rain maps? Just curious

@WashingtonJones

The overall performance of the game is worse on rain maps.

The lag can do that on any map. Rain or no rain.

At night I get paired up with hosts outside of North America.

That is when I capture some crazy clips.

If the game runs at 100ms or lower it runs smooth.

250ms-999ms and the FPS will drop. Try to interact with anything and you get a delay in the input.

Sometimes I will teleport to where I last was at 10 to 30 seconds ago.

My connection speed is 110 download and 11 upload. 

The clip with the lag and rain I just started the match. Jason morphed to my location first.

I tried to interact with the door and nothing happened. Jason started to hit the door.

I ran to open the other door. I was teleported back to the first door and opened it.

Jason started to slash me to death. I healed. He grabbed me and I quit. Was annoyed I died because an issue in the game or from lag.

I did meet some nice players in quick play in the next lobby that use their mics. The host stayed for 10 matches and never quit. I added them. Had a fun night.

@Charlie Chainsaw

Yes, Jason getting stunned going through every door that match had me laughing my ass off.

Tommy did that to me in 6 cabins. I killed him by the main lodge with 2 minutes left on the clock.

I hope the developers take a look at that for Jason's rage mode.

Getting stunned multiple times without being able to move needs to be fixed too.

@GhostWolfViking Yep, I've got very similar clips to yours regarding all that you've shown. Likewise I've been making a compilation of bug videos, and some of them aren't even lag related. It's nuts. I just have to get around to finishing it and posting it. 

46 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Excellent work, my friend. Holy shit, that new patch can't come soon enough...

I highly doubt the next patch will fix anything to a significant degree. Even many of the upcoming changes they've listed are simply misguided and won't benefit the game.

18 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

250ms-999ms and the FPS will drop. Try to interact with anything and you get a delay in the input.

Yea I know. Before this last patch there would be very uneven pings on PC. I would experience the teleport from time to time.

I normally keep leaving and rejoinging until myself and at least 3 others in the lobby have pings 100 and under.  

We had some crazy glitches tonight. It was pretty much every match, there was something different.  My favorite is when you climb through a window, but instead of climbing through it you just walk through the wall. Followed by the floating counselor still in Jason's grab, even though he let you go due to being stunned by a flare gun.   

@GhostWolfViking huh? what did i miss? forgive me but i dunno why i am tagged. i need more garlic it seems. nice job at the video man.

The lag scene: why the f, are you gonna punish the jason player for the devs fault? just lost my respect man. leaving scum.

Also the grab misses when standing still and grabbing trough the counselor?

@pApA^LeGBa

I'm making a list. I'm checking it twice. Going to find out who has been naughty or nice. Santa Claus is coming soon.

You won't need the garlic or wooden stake. They don't work on me. I'm immune to sunlight too.

Uploaded a new video of bugs and tagged a few members from the forum. I may have won the award for most members tagged in one post. :lol:

Jason-as-Santa-with-a-Head-in-a-Jar-1217

14 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@WashingtonJones

The overall performance of the game is worse on rain maps.

The lag can do that on any map. Rain or no rain.

At night I get paired up with hosts outside of North America.

That is when I capture some crazy clips.

If the game runs at 100ms or lower it runs smooth.

Sometimes I will teleport to where I last was at 10 to 30 seconds ago.

My connection speed is 110 download and 11 upload. 

The clip with the lag and rain I just started the match. Jason morphed to my location first.

I tried to interact with the door and nothing happened. Jason started to hit the door.

I ran to open the other door. I was teleported back to the first door and opened it.

Jason started to slash me to death. I healed. He grabbed me and I quit. Was annoyed I died because an issue in the game or from lag.

I did meet some nice players in quick play in the next lobby that use their mics. The host stayed for 10 matches and never quit. I added them. Had a fun night.

@Charlie Chainsaw

Yes, Jason getting stunned going through every door that match had me laughing my ass off.

Tommy did that to me in 6 cabins. I killed him by the main lodge with 2 minutes left on the clock.

I hope the developers take a look at that for Jason's rage mode.

Getting stunned multiple times without being able to move needs to be fixed too.

The stun is out of control for sure right now. It’s fucking ridiculous and needs to be fixed!!! It also should be IMPOSSIBLE to stun Jason with melees while he’s in rage mode. Only firecrackers, flares, and guns should work. 

32 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

The stun is out of control for sure right now. It’s fucking ridiculous and needs to be fixed!!! It also should be IMPOSSIBLE to stun Jason with melees while he’s in rage mode. Only firecrackers, flares, and guns should work. 

Are you actually serious? No stuns for Jason at all in Rage mode? That's ridiculous. I don't think you realise the gravity of a change like that.

While Jason should have some invincibility frames during his door/wall breaking animation in Rage, a hit is still easily avoidable - don't Rage through anything unless you're sure there's no counselor behind it. Otherwise you are leaving yourself vulnerable every single time, it's a guaranteed free hit due to unavoidable recovery frames.

Even for breaking anything down Pre-Rage, use combat stance and attack at a distance. Otherwise it's also an easy hit/stun through the door for any counselor. You can also block their attacks and counter with your own during this time, providing you have the timing down. 

I am honestly really surprised some players are only just finding out now that Jason is vulnerable to a hit every time he Rages through something. It's always been like this.

I'm fine with the concept of Jason getting stunned, but not EVERY FUCKING TIME SOMEONE EVEN BRUSHES UP AGAINST HIM.

Just now, Dolemite said:

I'm fine with the concept of Jason getting stunned, but not EVERY FUCKING TIME SOMEONE EVEN BRUSHES UP AGAINST HIM.

I think this forum has truly started to regress.

11 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@GhostWolfViking nice job at the video man.

The lag scene: why the f, are you gonna punish the jason player for the devs fault? just lost my respect man. leaving scum. 

Every player has quit a match while playing Friday The 13th: The Game. Whatever the reason may be.

I'll explain the lag+rain clip.

Match just started and Jason morphs to my spawn area.

I was trying to lock the first door and could not interact with it.

Jason starts to break down the door.

I run to open the other door and could not interact with it either.

Then I get teleported back to the first door and it shows I opened it when I never did.

That allowed Jason to walk right in and kill me.

I could not move or escape. Only heal myself.

I was going to get away until the game decided to morph me, automatically open the door and allow him a free kill.

Jason still gets the kill if a player quits or disconnects. It was added to the game.

The video simply shows issues and bugs with the game.

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video. :)

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Are you actually serious? No stuns for Jason at all in Rage mode? That's ridiculous. I don't think you realise the gravity of a change like that.

While Jason should have some invincibility frames during his door/wall breaking animation in Rage, a hit is still easily avoidable - don't Rage through anything unless you're sure there's no counselor behind it. Otherwise you are leaving yourself vulnerable every single time, it's a guaranteed free hit due to unavoidable recovery frames.

Even for breaking anything down Pre-Rage, use combat stance and attack at a distance. Otherwise it's also an easy hit/stun through the door for any counselor. You can also block their attacks and counter with your own during this time, providing you have the timing down. 

I am honestly really surprised some players are only just finding out now that Jason is vulnerable to a hit every time he Rages through something. It's always been like this.

Did I say no stuns at all in rage mode? No. I didn’t. Go back and read what I said. 

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@GhostWolfViking i am sorry but "didn´t earn the kill" is a bs excuse, wasn´t jasons fault. It is in the code of conduct. Grow some and take the loss. It´s a non competitive game with nothing to win and no statistic what so ever. didn´t earn it. smh. leaving scum.

are you really jealous about the 100xp? or maybe 150?

Now it's clear what type of forum member you are. I apologize for tagging you.

I don't need XP. I'm level 101.

You keep saying ''leaving scum' based on 1 clip.

tenor.gif?itemid=5654898

Look in the mirror next time you say that because I know you quit a match before.

Trolls are ruining the community and forum.

That is why the developers refuse to chat on the forum anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It´s a non competitive game with nothing to win and no statistic what so ever.

This statement is 100% incorrect. The game is competitive & xp is rewarded giving players the ability to purchase perks & kills.

Here I highlighted the definitions for you Incase you have trouble finding them on the image I posted below.

7tJJy75.jpg

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@GhostWolfViking i am sorry but "didn´t earn the kill" is a bs excuse, wasn´t jasons fault. It is in the code of conduct. Grow some and take the loss. It´s a non competitive game with nothing to win and no statistic what so ever. didn´t earn it. smh. leaving scum.

Going around calling people "scum" on here is a really shit way to spend your time. I've seen you resort to it before, it's totally uncalled for. Under those circumstances in the match I would've had no hesitation quitting either.

3 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Trolls are ruining the community and forum.

That is why the developers refuse to chat on the forum anymore.

100%.

• Like 1

Please stop hurling insults and discuss the subject matter. Disagree and move on. Please review the forum rules. Thank you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I think this forum has truly started to regress.

This is a fairly insulting post, but JPops seems fine letting it stand while he deleted my original response to it. Okay, whatever.

So anyway, you're saying Jason should be stunned every single time he's hit, over and over?