It is ridiculous how much this game just crashes out of nowhere. It's gotten worse with this patch. I seem to be getting a pattern where if I'm Jason, I'll be able to see the little bit of red around the screen when I spawn but then my game just immediately crashes. Please do something about this. Also, I think you should be able to place traps wherever you want. Some people play a Jason with more or less traps and have their own way of using them, and should be able to.

• Like 2

Congrats to the devs for breaking the game with this patch.

I played six game today. Five games as a counselor and I escaped in all five of them. In one of the games Jason really managed to kill 6 people, in the others 4 or less.

Then I got my chance to play as Jason ... and it was a nightmare.

This game has become a "counselors troll Jason" party.

Please finally release the offline singleplayer mode, maybe that will bring back some fun.

For as it is now I am done with this game online. Its childsplay to escape as a counselor now.

It was a game were everybody hoped to be Jason at the beginning of a match and now people are hoping that they wont become Jason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AngronKharn said:

Congrats to the devs for breaking the game with this patch.

I played six game today. Five games as a counselor and I escaped in all five of them. In one of the games Jason really managed to kill 6 people, in the others 4 or less.

Then I got my chance to play as Jason ... and it was a nightmare.

This game has become a "counselors troll Jason" party.

Please finally release the offline singleplayer mode, maybe that will bring back some fun.

For as it is now I am done with this game online. Its childsplay to escape as a counselor now.

It was a game were everybody hoped to be Jason at the beginning of a match and now people are hoping that they wont become Jason.

And thus the transition to DbD is nearly complete! Now we just have to wait for the player numbers to catch up. Any day now... 

38 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

And thus the transition to DbD is nearly complete! Now we just have to wait for the player numbers to catch up. Any day now... 

I own both games but I always prefered Friday the 13th by far and only played Dead by Daylight because some of my friends wanted to try it out.

At least Dead by Daylight is a game were you are scared when the killer is somewhere near you, in Friday you dont have tobe scared of good old uncle Jason anymore, since he is very easy to deal with now.

It is kinda heartbreaking to see a game that had so much potential (and was so incredibly fun to play) go right down the toilet, especially when it didn't have to.

I've said it before but here it is again: the Devs don't give a fuck. If they did, don't you think we'd have at least gotten a "We're looking into things" from them? There's no way they could NOT know how badly they've pissed people off, so the only conclusion I can come to is they simply don't care about the players (you remember them right? They're the whole reason this game got made in the first place).

• Like 2

On 31/10/2017 at 9:46 AM, pioneer67fkd said:

now that traps planting is different i think trap breaking should have a mini game instead of holding one button to break it

That's a nice idea

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AngronKharn said:

I own both games but I always prefered Friday the 13th by far and only played Dead by Daylight because some of my friends wanted to try it out.

At least Dead by Daylight is a game were you are scared when the killer is somewhere near you, in Friday you dont have tobe scared of good old uncle Jason anymore, since he is very easy to deal with now.

What I meant was is that DbD constantly caters to the survivors because people don't want to be afraid of losing in a game about serial killers which dumbfounds me. Each update seems to weaken Jason more and more. Some due to toxic player behavior, others due to people not wanting to sacrifice themselves or pocket knives in order to get shit done. 

On 2017-10-30 at 5:42 PM, livebyiano said:

I don't agree with the parts icon showing up on the map. To me that's part of the game, where players need to be smart or communicate better. I get that some don't have mics but that's on you. I think you guys are listening to the whiners too much about how "hard" it is to escape etc. It should be difficult. Maybe there could be a difficulty level where easy shows the icon and hard doesn't. Oh well I still love the game and will continue support it. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Fooobar said:

It shouldn't need a hardcore mode though. People shouldn't buy a Friday the 13th game expecting to emote dance to Jason as they screw around dealing with all his stuff easily. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

It shouldn't need a hardcore mode though. People shouldn't buy a Friday the 13th game expecting to emote dance to Jason as they screw around dealing with all his stuff easily. 

you are exactly right this game shouldn't need a hardcore mode jason should already be hardcore but it looks like he is the counselor now and the counselors are the OP ones lol

15 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Maybe not, but I would like a more hardcore mode and the average causal child that plays this game :) I don't think that should be forced on all players.

18 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

People shouldn't buy a Friday the 13th game expecting to emote dance to Jason as they screw around dealing with all his stuff easily. 

After all the degrading and nerfing the Devs have done to Jason, it makes it hard for me to believe they really are fans of the series. Would YOU watch an F13 movie where Jason is just as reduced in the film as he is in this game? I wouldn't, but that's just me.

Also, I think I found a solution to the whole nerfing Jason's grab bullshit: Just don't grab. 

Yes, seriously... Obviously you have to grab the driver when you stop the car, but aside from that just use your melee weapon and R2 the fuck out of EVERYONE. I didn't even realize until recently how pissy counselors get when you do this. Of course, being able to kill them with melee attacks will probably be the next thing that gets ass-raped in this game because what's the point of having pocket knives if Jason is allowed to beat you to death with an axe instead of grabbing you? 

If I had known before I bought this game how badly the Devs were going to fuck it up, I wouldn't have bought it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

After all the degrading and nerfing the Devs have done to Jason, it makes it hard for me to believe they really are fans of the series. Would YOU watch an F13 movie where Jason is just as reduced in the film as he is in this game? I wouldn't, but that's just me.

Also, I think I found a solution to the whole nerfing Jason's grab bullshit: Just don't grab. 

Yes, seriously... Obviously you have to grab the driver when you stop the car, but aside from that just use your melee weapon and R2 the fuck out of EVERYONE. I didn't even realize until recently how pissy counselors get when you do this. Of course, being able to kill them with melee attacks will probably be the next thing that gets ass-raped in this game because what's the point of having pocket knives if Jason is allowed to beat you to death with an axe instead of grabbing you? 

If I had known before I bought this game how badly the Devs were going to fuck it up, I wouldn't have bought it. 

It'd be nice to be able to grab kill someone effectively after you've beat them to near death, but that's just not viable either. If they have a knife even if they're melee'd to near death, the first aid spray speed is more than enough for them to heal and run off before Jason can do anything. Personally I'd make it so if a counselor is smacked enough that they're almost dead using a first aid spray should take an extra spray of animation before they can walk again. This of course would piss off counselor "mains" though so it'll never happen. Me and my pals didn't escape all the time before, but we sure as hell could work together and get shit done with enough effort and the situation was right. There was no reason to make it easier for the counselors because the whole point of it is to go against the odds and come out victorious. There's no sense of accomplishment if Jason and all his tools aren't a threat anymore. 

The kill register seems to be tied to grabs, or grabs/pocket knife escapes. I didn't notice the correlation until the game I just had, where I snatched up 3 counselors early in the game before I had any kills, and each one had a pocket knife and thus escaped. But after each one, my kill count went up by 1. 

After that, every grab in the game resulted in an actual kill, so I couldn't keep track of the theory beyond those first 3. 

I also didn't pay attention to whether or not the false kills equaled extra XP. Has anyone taken notice of whether or not it does? I think it must, because during the double XP weekend, one of my matches as Jason I had 3,500(ish) XP. So that would have been at least, what, 1,750xp normally? I think that's a bit higher than when you normally clean house, isn't it?

24 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

The kill register seems to be tied to grabs, or grabs/pocket knife escapes. I didn't notice the correlation until the game I just had, where I snatched up 3 counselors early in the game before I had any kills, and each one had a pocket knife and thus escaped. But after each one, my kill count went up by 1. 

After that, every grab in the game resulted in an actual kill, so I couldn't keep track of the theory beyond those first 3. 

I also didn't pay attention to whether or not the false kills equaled extra XP. Has anyone taken notice of whether or not it does? I think it must, because during the double XP weekend, one of my matches as Jason I had 3,500(ish) XP. So that would have been at least, what, 1,750xp normally? I think that's a bit higher than when you normally clean house, isn't it?

Good observation! I thought there was something about grabs causing it, but I'm always too busy being Jason to really pay attention. I don't think you get extra xp for it though. Sounds like you just had a really good round with a variety of kills.

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Yeah, it's called the ends of Parts 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8. Wes said that the game is like Reel 3/4 of the film where counselors are aware of Jason. In the movies, when Jason reveals himself to the final surviving cast, he becomes weak as Hell.

5 hours ago, DialM said:

Yeah, it's called the ends of Parts 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8. Wes said that the game is like Reel 3/4 of the film where counselors are aware of Jason. In the movies, when Jason reveals himself to the final surviving cast, he becomes weak as Hell.

Looks like Wes forgot to mention that in the movies, the remaining survivors don't get to make a total mockery of Jason. They're still scared shitless and only survive.by the skin of their teeth, which is a lot more than this game can say.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Yes, seriously... Obviously you have to grab the driver when you stop the car, but aside from that just use your melee weapon and R2 the fuck out of EVERYONE. I didn't even realize until recently how pissy counselors get when you do this.

Ding ding ding. Throwing knives and Pt. 4 is the way to go. If you don't grab you're never helpless against a stun, you don't give them a chance to heal/repair while you're pulling a knife out of your neck, and they're not getting stamina boosts from breaking free. The best way to kill now is, ironically, the least theatrical and least focused on by the game.

Find all the little red knives you want, kiddies...all I'm going to do is see em drop along with your dismembered corpse ;)

I think hacking is and always has been a viable strategy. Especially for hobbling counselors. And 100% you have to hack Tommy. Makes no sense to grab him, knowing he has a knife.

The only reason to grab counselors ever is for the XP, or because they still have enough stamina to dart away, even if you hit them once (plus they might have healing sprays). Like a Vanessa -- always better to grab her in the hopes she doesn't have a pocket knife, because smack her once and she'll just sprint away (unless she was already hurt and you hobble her).

If there's a group of counselors, I always start slashing away in an attempt to hobble as many as I can. This usually happens during those flash mobs at objective points, of course. 

5 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I think hacking is and always has been a viable strategy. Especially for hobbling counselors. And 100% you have to hack Tommy. Makes no sense to grab him, knowing he has a knife.

The only reason to grab counselors ever is for the XP, or because they still have enough stamina to dart away, even if you hit them once (plus they might have healing sprays). Like a Vanessa -- always better to grab her in the hopes she doesn't have a pocket knife, because smack her once and she'll just sprint away (unless she was already hurt and you hobble her).

If there's a group of counselors, I always start slashing away in an attempt to hobble as many as I can. This usually happens during those flash mobs at objective points, of course. 

I love teleporting over to a car and finding 3 or 4 of them just standing in a group. Throw all the.fireworks you want, I'm still going to bludgeon half of you before the stun hits.

Game still crashes for me at least a couple of times a day (playing on PS4), that's something I'd really love to be fixed at some point. Often happens when someone attempts to join, whether in the lobby or mid-game. 

I'm fine with the recent changes in the latest patch though. It is a bit harder to kill everyone as Jason but I still manage to more often than not, and getting 8/8 feels like more of an accomplishment now. 

I'm glad the grab range was reduced but feel like it's still a bit off, a few times I've shifted near someone and been lined up perfectly to grab them only to end up looking like a dumbass missing the grab 2-3 times in a row... I hate being one of those "grabby" Jasons who comes across as desperate to kill everyone and goes about it with no finesse. Maybe being Part 8 who has a fast shift that often lands me a little off from where I want to stop could have something to do with that though. I'm generally a very fair Jason e.g. if someone stuns me in a door way and they get stuck in a bathroom, I'll back away once I come out of the stun since they would just have no chance otherwise. I often give even random people a chance to escape the first time I grab them, so the grab thing being a bit wonky is annoying because it makes me look like one of those terrible Jason players who are just desperate to kill anyone they see and lack the competence to do it.   

I like having the items appear on the map, though in a weird way it was actually fun having to hunt for them and get that feeling of satisfaction when you find them, rather than just being able to mark them on the map within the first couple of minutes of the game. I tend to still pick them up and take them to the car though as I've tried marking them on the map only for them to still not be put in the car 10 minutes later, so my poor Chaddy is forced to get his repair on (few things are more satisfying than putting in the battery or gas as Chad without messing up a single time). Lately I tend to get the gas or battery in as Chad in the first 2-3 minutes of about 80% of matches I play, always feels tense knowing that any decent Jason should be morphing there any second.  

I almost never slash (other than to weaken) but admittedly said fuck it and did so to a Tommy the other day, knowing he definitely had a pocket knife and others were trying to get a car going. He was trying to get through a window and was somewhat injured already, rather than waste time I slashed him until he died and it felt good tbh. Did the same to a Buggzy who was trying to stun me through a broken window, felt good again as this guy was super ballsy and arguably had it coming. 

One of my favourite "tricks" as Jason that really catches people off guard (admittedly it's not a very practical use of your traps, but it's fun). When you encounter someone who is really eager to fight you, as they go to stun you, you can press down on the d-pad and set a trap that they get caught in immediately. Sometimes it doesn't quite work, but about 80% of the time it does, and it's always hilarious and satisfying. I wouldn't try it in a lobby where I had bad ping needless to say, but I tend to be host or play in a friend's lobby with good connection 90% of the time. I even turned it into a combo of sorts with one guy who was really annoying (he got a car started and stalled heaps on his way to the main road, making it hard to stalk/morph/shift to stop it). Trapped him as he went to attack, waited till the moment he got untrapped, threw a knife at him followed by a swift hacking to death. The most stylish death-by-slashing I've ever seen in the game haha. 

This game definitely has its faults and there are things about it that irritate the fuck out of me but at the end of the day it's easily my favourite game to come out in a long time, based on how much fun I've had with it. It's the only online game I've ever really gotten into like this, and I've made some awesome friends along the way. I can even say it has helped me through a difficult period in my life (or more accurately, it came out around the time that my life started to get better after some traumatic shit happened last year). For that I'll always be grateful to the devs, regardless of the various issues with the game. Also, major changes to the gameplay not withstanding, the last couple of patches have been wayyyy less problematic than the ones that came before. I wish something could be done about the blue screen issue though.

On 10/29/2017 at 4:29 AM, NickZ3 said:

Jason not being able to double trap is the biggest problem with this patch.  Jason should be free to use his traps however he sees fit.

Limiting Jason grab was also unnecessary and was a change only made to make the game easier for counselors. 

1. The previous/original trap system was just wrong because in some map configurations, Jason could drop 4 traps at the phone, or one of the vehicles, then just take turns morphing/swimming between the other two objectives and clean house easy peasy. I'm all for difficulty in a game but that's just a cheap method of objective denial. If players in Halo or Call of Duty could start the match with 3-7 landmines to protect their flag, and they could place them in such a way that there's no way to get the flag without setting them off, it would be one of the most obnoxious gametypes to play.

2. Limiting Jason's grab was necessary because the old grab was overly long. It was deceptive. From Jason's perspective(i.e. "forced perspective," see my thread about it) it looked fine but from everyone else's perspective they could see just how absurdly long and ridiculous it was. They should tweak the width of the grab cone closest to Jason but the length is currently just fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

1. The previous/original trap system was just wrong because in some map configurations, Jason could drop 4 traps at the phone, or one of the vehicles, then just take turns morphing/swimming between the other two objectives and clean house easy peasy. I'm all for difficulty in a game but that's just a cheap method of objective denial. If players in Halo or Call of Duty could start the match with 3-7 landmines to protect their flag, and they could place them in such a way that there's no way to get the flag without setting them off, it would be one of the most obnoxious gametypes to play.

2. Limiting Jason's grab was necessary because the old grab was overly long. It was deceptive. From Jason's perspective(i.e. "forced perspective," see my thread about it) it looked fine but from everyone else's perspective they could see just how absurdly long and ridiculous it was. They should tweak the width of the grab cone closest to Jason but the length is currently just fine.

But they forgot to buff som other aspect of being Jason. So now it is just to easy to play as counselors. Especially with all these new players that is really bad at playing Jason.