10 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

So F13 should turn into Counselors: The Simulator, because Jason was a threat? Fuck that. 

Total non-sequitur. You’re completely falling into debate with yourself now.  

9 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

They're probably a little more qualified to make that determination than you are. 

If the recent patch is any indication of their qualification, I'll take that as a compliment.

GUYS PLEASE FIX THE TRAPS, GIVE JASON A BETTER GRAB NOT AS BEFORE BUT BETTER THAN NOW DAMN NO POINT IN HAVING THE SHIFT IF WHEN U GET THERE U CAN'T GRAB SHIT, ALSO GIVE JASON 7 MORE TRAPS OR A PERK HE SUCKS, FIX TRAPS BY CAR DOOR COUNSELORS CAN ALWAYS STEP OVER THEM WHEN OPENING CAR DOOR, STOP COUNSELORS FROM HITTING JASON AT DOOR AND WINDOWS AS HE CHOPS THEM BEFORE THEY COME DOWN OR BREAK WHICH IS UNFAIR. GIVE JASON'S THEIR POWER BACK AT BREAKING DOOR WITH TWO HITS JASON 4 AND 8 WHAT'S THE POINT IN A POWERFUL WEAPON IF IT TAKES FOREVER TO BREAK DOWN A DOOR ETC.

• Like 2

HEY ALL PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY CLEAN HOUSE AS JASON WITH THIS NEW SUCKING GRAB WELL LET'S NOT FORGET STEAM HAD A SALE FRIDAY THE 13 @ 19.99 SO THERE HAS BEEN MANY NEW PLAYERS ON SINCE THE CHANGE AND SO THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY YET ALMOST EVERY GAME IV WENT INTO THE LAST FEW DAYS SINCE THE PATCH HAS BEEN MAJORITY NEW PLAYERS WHO RUN INTO WALLS AND DON'T SEARCH FOR WEAPONS OF COURSE IT'S EASY TO CLEAN HOUSE HAVE A GAME WITH GOOD PLAYERS AND YOU WILL BE LUCKY TO GET 2 TO 3 WITH THE NEW CHANGE TO JASON.

• Like 2

I don't agree with the parts icon showing up on the map. To me that's part of the game, where players need to be smart or communicate better. I get that some don't have mics but that's on you. I think you guys are listening to the whiners too much about how "hard" it is to escape etc. It should be difficult. Maybe there could be a difficulty level where easy shows the icon and hard doesn't. Oh well I still love the game and will continue support it. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, livebyiano said:

I don't agree with the parts icon showing up on the map. To me that's part of the game, where players need to be smart or communicate better. I get that some don't have mics but that's on you. I think you guys are listening to the whiners too much about how "hard" it is to escape etc. It should be difficult. Maybe there could be a difficulty level where easy shows the icon and hard doesn't. Oh well I still love the game and will continue support it. Just my opinion.

yeah i agree the parts showing on map is too much the only way id be cool with it if jason could see them to

• Like 2

You know, I decided to be open-minded and give it a few matches as Jason to see if maybe I was taking the trap nerf too seriously or making it out to be worse than it was. Well guess what? No, I wasn't taking it too seriously, nor was I exaggerating how bad it made things. It's fucking horrible! I worked my way all the way up to level 101 with the old traps and old grabs and never made one single complaint about anything. I started a new thread in Feedback about traps and it was closed in less than 30 minutes by an Admin who told me there's already several threads about the same subject, which says to me that the Devs know it's a problem and know they fucked-up, but don't give a shit. 

They could at least have the Goddamn decency to say so instead of just stonewalling us and keeping quiet.

• Like 4

On 10/30/2017 at 10:06 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You know, I decided to be open-minded and give it a few matches as Jason to see if maybe I was taking the trap nerf too seriously or making it out to be worse than it was. Well guess what? No, I wasn't taking it too seriously, nor was I exaggerating how bad it made things. It's fucking horrible! I worked my way all the way up to level 101 with the old traps and old grabs and never made one single complaint about anything. I started a new thread in Feedback about traps and it was closed in less than 30 minutes by an Admin who told me there's already several threads about the same subject, which says to me that the Devs know it's a problem and know they fucked-up, but don't give a shit. 

They could at least have the Goddamn decency to say so instead of just stonewalling us and keeping quiet.

Traps are fine the way they are. I only use one trap on the phone, two at the four seater (gas and battery) and one at the two seater. I have been doing it this way since launch and I usually never have any problems with counselors escaping. Counselors should not have gotten stun chained by these traps. I'm glad it's fixed.

2 hours ago, IronKnight55 said:

Traps are fine the way they are. I only use one trap on the phone, two at the four seater (gas and battery) and one at the two seater. I have been doing it this way since launch and I usually never have any problems with counselors escaping. Counselors should not have gotten stun chained by these traps. I'm glad it's fixed.

It's their fault for walking into two traps. Don't be an idiot and try to tank through them. Use a pocket knife for fucks sake. Oh, but that would require the counselors to give something up! Boo hoo! In a survival horror game no less! How horrible! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

It's their fault for walking into two traps. Don't be an idiot and try to tank through them. Use a pocket knife for fucks sake. Oh, but that would require the counselors to give something up! Boo hoo! In a survival horror game no less! How horrible! 

I think he was talking about chain stunning counselors with traps.

I've said it multiple times in threads already, trap stacking / chain stunning is not the same as multi-trapping. Trap stacking is literally placing traps on top of each other, it's an exploit. Counselor steps in one, breaks out of it and is immediately put into the next one until they die. That's not the way most players used traps, most of us simply made a formation of traps around an objective so that each one would have to be disabled for the counselor to gain access to the objective. If a counselor tanked one, they could still walk or limp away without getting caught in another automatically.

Also tanking has always been the better option for traps rather than using pocket knives, especially if playing in a co-ordinated group. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IronKnight55 said:

Traps are fine the way they are.

Bullshit. The bottom line is the Devs have made a horrible decision and, as a direct result, have caused a huge amount of disappointment and protest. This game has lost a lot of its appeal and for what? So counselors can have training wheels? So they no longer have to bother coming up with a strategy? They never seemed to have a problem with multi-traps before, so why have one now? 

Do you know what this reminds me of? A father letting his 8 year old beat him at checkers just so the kid doesn't have to lose. 

• Like 3

Still getting blue screen on PS4, for simply waiting in a lobby. I just started up the game, was made the host of a quick play lobby and after 5 minutes I was blue screened out of it. This happens on a regular basis now. I am a pretty tolerant and patient guy but this is getting ridiculous. Blue screens have been a problem since release, yet my PS4 never has an issue like this with any other game. 

"We're under 1% crash rate". Bullshit.

• Like 2

now that traps planting is different i think trap breaking should have a mini game instead of holding one button to break it

• Like 2

I was never able to stack one trap on top of another I tried when the game first came out but could never do it.  There seems to have always been a minimum distance just now its so far you can't double trap.  As far as "chain stunning" if you were going to take a trap out as a counselor without a pocket knife you just needed to be smart and take the right one out.  For example I would always set 2 traps on the phone one behind the other not left to right but in a straight line moving away from the phone.  This was how I configured my traps on the phone.  If a counselor were to step in trap 1 by mistake or on purpose the animation of breaking free might carry them into trap 2.  I say might because sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't.  I never did this to exploit because I don't believe setting traps is this manner is an exploit, it was just the strategy I used as Jason to protect the phone and sometimes even the car depending on the win cons that were on the map.  However, if you stepped in trap 2 there was no chance of hitting trap 1 coming out of the animation unless you ran into it on purpose.  Which is not an exploit in anyway it's you taking out traps to help your teammates even if it means sacrificing yourself or you're just not very good as a counselor.  If someone wants to say you couldn't see there were 2 traps when they were close together before this patch, yes you could, I promise, you just needed to look before you leap.  I'm sure that people who used this strategy were not trying to exploit.  As I said it was counselors not being very good or just taking one for the team.  But with this patch trapping in this manner is a thing of the past the distance is so far one trap will always be bad and no real threat.  Hope they change it back.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Take a look at what @Tommy86 posted. ;)

We will just have to agree to disagree @HaHaTrumpWon. I think traps are fine. 

I see, so traps used to be able to lock people into hitting both. While I don't hate that since tanking traps should be an extremely last resort, I wouldn't mind that gone. I do however feel removing the ability to strategically place two traps so that both need to be dealt with at an objective hinders all Jasons, and some far more than others. I'd argue tanking a trap should not be an option at all, and stepping in one should be an almost complete death sentence, but the people who want counselors to dance around Jason would have a hissy fit. The minigame idea to get out of them is a good one. Perhaps being a 5 or so skill check regardless of repair stat. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote

3 hours ago, IronKnight55 said:

We will just have to agree to disagree @HaHaTrumpWon. I think traps are fine. 

Been playing pretty consistently since this patch, and still haven't noticed an appreciable difference in play as either Jason or counselors.

8 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Been playing pretty consistently since this patch, and still haven't noticed an appreciable difference in play as either Jason or counselors.

Good for you, but obviously the vast majority of people in this thread don't feel the same way. 

I wonder what Kane thinks about the.horror icon he's so perfectly portrayed being reduced and degraded so badly?

• Like 2

HEY WHAT'S UP WITH JASON'S ABILITY TO BLOCK WHILE FIGHTING I CAN'T BLOCK A BLOW AND THEN SWING IF I GO INTO DEFENSE MODE I CAN BLOCK YET HAVE TO GET OUT OF DEFENSE MODE TO SWING MOST THE TIME OR THE SWING IS REALLY DELAYED IT'S LIKE YOU ALL CRIPPLED JASON. Please undo all changes to Jason and return to prior B4 this patch. on the reach maybe it was a little much but it's def got to be better then it is now i can't catch anyone after a shift at all even if i'm touching their back when i hit grab sucks no fun to play that way an idea is to offer maybe a beginners mode where Jason plays as now or an advanced mode where Jason is as was and players can chose sort of like easy or hard game play most all games have difficulty settings i don't see why this can't work,  this way everyone's happy the counselors who are new or don't want a challenge they can chose handicapped Jason mode such as the way he is now or if they are advanced counselors and want a challenge they can chose advanced mode and play as Jason was before changes such as with reach, power, traps, and abilities and not map cheats in that mode such as counselors can see where items are this way if someone don't like Jason's reach or power or traps they can chose beginners mode or baby mode. Same with a Jason player they can chose to play in the beginners mode for a challenge as a Jason player or the advanced mode and enjoy all the perks Jason had prior to the patch and no map cheats in advanced mode showing where items are such as gas, battery, keys etc. P.S. More clothing options prefer a summer bikini package with thongs for all the ladies and Jason 7 sucks he needs revised real bad i would love to play him more but he's so terrible thanks for listening oh last thing add more music to the game such as radio car etc

PPS ADD ANOTHER THING COUNSELORS HAVE TO DO TO GET BOAT RUNNING AND POLICE PHONE ESP COP PHONE ITS NOT FAIR AS IT IS NOW MOST THE TIME FUSE IS IN SAME HOUSE OR NEXT DOOR BOOM GAME STARTS N COPS ARE ON THEIR WAY EVEN ADD 2 TO 3 MINS TO RESPONSE TIME SO MANY FEEL THEY SHOULD BE LIKE CARS NEED 3 THINGS (ITEMS OR STEPS)  FOR EXAMPLE THE PHONE NEEDS THE FUSE AND A PHONE LINE TO WORK SO THEY FIX THE BOX WITH FUSE GO INTO HOUSE AND PHONE LINE IS MISSING THEY HAVE TO FIND THE PHONE LINE AND ADD TO PHONE TO MAKE CALL OR THE BOAT THEY HAVE TO FIND OIL IN ADDITION TO GAS & PROPELLER TO FILL UP REPAIR AND DRIVE OFF WITH THE BOAT.

HERE ARE JUST A FEW MORE COMPLAINTS I HAVE AS A JASON PLAYER! YOU ALL HEAR THE COUNSELORS AND THE JASON PLAYERS MOSTLY DEAL WITH THEIR SUPER HUMAN ABILITIES SUCH AS BEING ALIVE AFTER AN AX SHOP TO THE BODY OR ALL THEIR PERKS SUCH AS INVISIBLE TO JASON'S SIGHT, STAMINA BOOSTS, ENERGY BOOST, SPRINT BOOST, WEAPON BOOST, DAMAGE BOOST, ON AND ON YET NO PERKS FOR JASON? WHY?

I hear you Pilo, but I have absolutely no faith whatsoever that anything will change... at least not for the better. Maybe the next patch will nerf Jason's Morph ability (it's not fair Jason can teleport alllllllllll the way across the map!) or maybe his Sense ability instead (It's not fair that Jason knows where you are if you're inside the cabins!) or maybe they'll implement some kind of automatic break-free mechanic (I don't have a pocket knife! It's not fair Jason can grab me if I just started!)

What I'd really like to see is a diaper costume that's mandatory for all players who whined like little bitches about how hard Jason is to beat.

• Like 2

Perhaps they wanted people to stop shift grabbing? I wouldn't mind that going if the mechanics worked in favor of fear actually being meaningful and shift attacking was more viable. Depending on how well the fast characters are at the game they can just run circles around you. Shift grabbing was one of the few ways to get these people because regardless of how long you chase after them the fear they get is near meaningless. Minimap going away is negated by a perk and by opening up the map itself quickly. On the off chance they stumble it doesn't do much to slow them down. I'd also much rather shift into a melee attack as Jason but with how wonky his weapon hitbox is it's not worth it. Hell Jason 6 with his spear doesn't seem to get much use out of his supposed extra reach weapon compared to the other Jasons. 

Another thing that was a nerf to Jason, which sadly needed to be done, was to make it so counselors can't hurt each other while Jason has them grabbed. I didn't mind this change, and feel it was a good tweak, but it did most certainly nerf Jasons menacing factor by not having to worry about harming someone he has grabbed. All the tweaks they do to stop trolls have done nothing but nerf Jason. Give him back some of his tension and menace somehow because every change you guys have made just keeps making him less and less fun to play as and play against. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote
  • Like 2

The Game start lagging in some house (framerate drop).

The host lag (framerate drop)

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE ON XBOX ONE