Jump to content

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Omg Jason so underpowered now counselors have a free win all the time omg this game is ridiculous counselors overpowered and stupid 

O0PNzID.png

Right? I played 7 games tonight, and Jason cleaned house on 3. The other 4, only 1-3 escaped. Feels about the same averages to me. I think I've played nearly 20 games since the patch dropped. The atmosphere of the lobbies I've been in all seem to feel less angsty, too. And on top of that, Xbox posted games seem once again to be 99+ in the early mornings, whereas before the patch they had dropped to the 60s.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Omg Jason so underpowered now counselors have a free win all the time omg this game is ridiculous counselors overpowered and stupid 

O0PNzID.png

So you're completely fine with Jason not being a menacing imposing force just because you played against a bunch of people who didn't work together? Were you ever into the movies? Horror games? You feel it's fine that the items to fix objectives are now displayed like a beacon for everyone on the map because people don't feel like working together or stating where the objective item dropped? Lot of hand holding for counselors now honestly. 

Speaking of the items showing up on the map, that needs to go. If they want to keep something like this then have them appear only on the minimap and only if your character is within a certain distance. Also they could make the item blip for a few seconds after someone dies instead of just holding the counselors hands and placing a marker like a lighthouse to its location. Even then it should just give you a general area indication, not the exact spot. I don't see why people want to play a Friday the 13th Game where escaping requires just a few people dying with objectives so they're out for everyone to see instead of working well together. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit: Either the forum hiccuped or my internet did. Apologies for the double post. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NerfsSuck said:

It sounds like you were unable to handle the challenge of dealing with multiple traps, that's part of the challenge. I understand that making it easy for you is what you prefer, in doing so it gave you the crutch you needed, because you were unable to handle it otherwise. Perhaps, the next thing they should do is start Jason without weapons, or make his weapons break, maybe lower his movement speed, because a nice and gentle Jason is what drives a horror survival game. Jason should be feared, OP and difficult to overcome, not crippled because you can't figure out how to beat him, when so many others have. Yet you come here "CRYING" about "CRYING", even after you received your crutch, climb back into your shit hole and rot. Cheers....

Amen! If Jason isn't scary, threatening, and ruthless, then it's not Jason. If he keeps getting nerfed, he's going to go from this:

 

Jason-VoorheesBADASS.jpg.22458bf768d6cfddfb78da9593f73f63.jpg

to this:

JasonNOTBADASS.jpg.0b2b0fbca95ebedfd65bc930e4285e87.jpg

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jasons grab is so crappy now....ugghh. So lets just make it easier for all the crybabies huh?

And showing people where shit is at has got to be the dumbest move yet. Just making asinine decisions now guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand it's frustrating to have to adapt to a new playstyle. But I just think it's asinine to insist that Jason should always win because he's an unstoppable force in the movies. Sure, that's great if you wanna be accurate, but for a multiplayer game where 7/8 of players are not Jason? Sure, Jason should be powerful, but he should also be fun to play against, and that Stretch Armstrong, Mr. Fantastic bullshit from before was not fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I escape so many times now. Where is the challenge? I thought I was playing a survival horror game? But all I see is people dancing in front of Jason face while he miss 10 grab attempts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DialM said:

I understand it's frustrating to have to adapt to a new playstyle. But I just think it's asinine to insist that Jason should always win because he's an unstoppable force in the movies. Sure, that's great if you wanna be accurate, but for a multiplayer game where 7/8 of players are not Jason? Sure, Jason should be powerful, but he should also be fun to play against, and that Stretch Armstrong, Mr. Fantastic bullshit from before was not fun.

I don't think anyone is denying his grab range was insane, but with this new system or whatever it is grabs aren't going off when they should. Items being shown on the map is also an uneeded inclusion that again only gives counselors a buff, another crutch. If you knew how to deal with Jason before, because you knew what you were doing, you sure as shit are going to do well against him now. 

If they're deadset on having items appear on the map perhaps limit it to the last five minutes. 

Oh windows and Jason 7 are still fucked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

I don't think anyone is denying his grab range was insane, but with this new system or whatever it is grabs aren't going off when they should. Items being shown on the map is also an uneeded inclusion that again only gives counselors a buff, another crutch. If you knew how to deal with Jason before, because you knew what you were doing, you sure as shit are going to do well against him now. 

If they're deadset on having items appear on the map perhaps limit it to the last five minutes. 

Oh windows and Jason 7 are still fucked. 

The items appearing are to counter Trolls, so much like teamkilling ,they should be a toggle for private matches.

That said, Jasons grab (while I've not had issues) is apparently suffering from being a cone coming from his body, when in reality, it should be an inverted code with the wide part on Jason.

I also feel that Jason's weapon swings should hit a counselor if they are crouching. I also wouldn't be opposed to his weapons having a slightly longer reach. Basically, being close to him should be a very very very bad place to be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THEY RUINED JASON AND ADDED YET ANOTHER KNIFE TO THE GAME AS IF 4 WASN'T ENOUGH FOR JASON TO BEGIN WITH HIS TRAPS NOW SUCK, HIS REACH IS WORTHLESS, AND THE COUNSELORS KEEP GETTING ALL THE PERKS WHILE STILL BEING ABLE TO HIT JASON THREW THE DOORS AND WINDOWS AS HE'S CHOPPING THEM DOWN TOTALLY UNFAIR AND SHOWING THEM WERE ITEMS ARE ON THE MAP OMG NO LONGER AM I AFRAID TO BE A COUNSELOR CUZ IT'S TO EASY TO EVADE JASON NOW BUT IM ALSO NOT TO INTERESTED IN PLAYING JASON NOW DUE TO MAKING HIM A PUSSY THEY ALSO TOOK HIS POWER AWAY I LIKE THAT JASON 8 AND 4 WERE ABLE TO BREAK A DOOR WITH 2 HITS THAT WAS GOOD NOT ANYMORE AND LET'S NOT FORGET JASON 7 JUST SUCKS THEY STILL HAVEN'T GIVING HIM ANYTHING TO MAKE HIM A THREAT HE'S SLOW NOT MANY TRAPS AND TO EASY TO ESCAPE THE LEAST PLAYED JASON BECAUSE OF THIS THEY SHOULD AT THE VERY LEAST GIVE HIM AS MANY TRAPS AS JASON 2

.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pilospc said:

THEY RUINED JASON AND ADDED YET ANOTHER KNIFE TO THE GAME AS IF 4 WASN'T ENOUGH FOR JASON TO BEGIN WITH HIS TRAPS NOW SUCK, HIS REACH IS WORTHLESS, AND THE COUNSELORS KEEP GETTING ALL THE PERKS WHILE STILL BEING ABLE TO HIT JASON THREW THE DOORS AND WINDOWS AS HE'S CHOPPING THEM DOWN TOTALLY UNFAIR AND SHOWING THEM WERE ITEMS ARE ON THE MAP OMG NO LONGER AM I AFRAID TO BE A COUNSELOR CUZ IT'S TO EASY TO EVADE JASON NOW BUT IM ALSO NOT TO INTERESTED IN PLAYING JASON NOW DUE TO MAKING HIM A PUSSY THEY ALSO TOOK HIS POWER AWAY I LIKE THAT JASON 8 AND 4 WERE ABLE TO BREAK A DOOR WITH 2 HITS THAT WAS GOOD NOT ANYMORE AND LET'S NOT FORGET JASON 7 JUST SUCKS THEY STILL HAVEN'T GIVING HIM ANYTHING TO MAKE HIM A THREAT HE'S SLOW NOT MANY TRAPS AND TO EASY TO ESCAPE THE LEAST PLAYED JASON BECAUSE OF THIS THEY SHOULD AT THE VERY LEAST GIVE HIM AS MANY TRAPS AS JASON 2

.

At this point I don't think the dev team cares. They got the peoples money who were hoping for a nigh unstoppable Jason. Now they can make the counselors the big badass in town to get people who want to dance around the killer like DbD who didn't want to buy F13 because counselors were at the disadvantage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

At this point I don't think the dev team cares. They got the peoples money who were hoping for a nigh unstoppable Jason. Now they can make the counselors the big badass in town to get people who want to dance around the killer like DbD who didn't want to buy F13 because counselors were at the disadvantage. 

"Oh no! People not playing as Jason have a fighting chance!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2017 at 6:50 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We addressed some of the issues with the Jarvis map item spawns this patch, but there will be more updates for this in the future

Can you revert the traps and Windows back to the way they was

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

So you're completely fine with Jason not being a menacing imposing force just because you played against a bunch of people who didn't work together? Were you ever into the movies? Horror games? You feel it's fine that the items to fix objectives are now displayed like a beacon for everyone on the map because people don't feel like working together or stating where the objective item dropped? Lot of hand holding for counselors now honestly. 

Speaking of the items showing up on the map, that needs to go. If they want to keep something like this then have them appear only on the minimap and only if your character is within a certain distance. Also they could make the item blip for a few seconds after someone dies instead of just holding the counselors hands and placing a marker like a lighthouse to its location. Even then it should just give you a general area indication, not the exact spot. I don't see why people want to play a Friday the 13th Game where escaping requires just a few people dying with objectives so they're out for everyone to see instead of working well together. 

Unfortunately she thinks of herself as the person Gun should balance around. If she can get 8/8 easily, then everyone should be able to even with a weakened Jason. She did this before when the August patch came out (I think it was August, it was whichever patch introduced the new window mechanics and had many stun glitches), saying Jason was still OP because she could do fine with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I never noticed a difference between new grabs and oId grabs and didn't even realize they had been tweaked until I read it here. The only part of the update that truly bothers me is the way they colossally fucked up the traps. It's bullshit of the highest degree and the game has definitely lost some of it's appeal because of it (and the constant server problems but that's another story).

If the Devs are actually reading any of this, I want them to know they're losing supporters and players every day (for one reason or another) and it's only going to get worse. You are killing your own fan-base guys and frankly, I'm not sure if you even give a shit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This patch does some good things for the game such as Jason not getting cheated out of a kill/XP when a poor sport quits, new counselor, new kills, fixed glitches that's all great.  However, I feel like this patch has hurt the game more than help.  So much so that I'm considering not playing anymore.  

Counselors being able to see items on the map is a split it does help combat trolls who hide items.  At the same time while playing as Jason I target counselors with items looking to kill them off the path to make it more difficult for others to escape.  Overall this is a change that makes the game easier for counselors and really should not have been made as based on my experience the number of people hiding items is not very high.  

Jason not being able to double trap is the biggest problem with this patch.  Jason should be free to use his traps however he sees fit.  This problem is most evident with the phone always double trap the phone ALWAYS.  No longer being able to double trap has made calling the cops extremely easy for counselors.  I've seen some say just replace the trap the problem is if a pocket knife was used you will not be alerted and unless you just happen to check your map at the right time you would never know until the cops have already been called.  I've also tried to replace the trap however it appears a set off trap still has the minimum distance attached to it. I've also tried different ways to set two traps to get around this new minimum distance but in most cases one trap ends up being good and the other bad.  Since this new update this has happened to me more than once playing as Jason, match starts, morph to phone, set trap, break some Windows, morph to car, set battery trap, set gas trap, cops are called.  Way to easy...I've been playing this game since its release and can count on one hand the number of times the cops were called that quick on me as Jason and it's happened that many times in a couple of days.  This is a change made just to make the game easier for counselors and should not have been made.  

Tommy Jarvis 2.0 should be called Tommy Jarvis OP.  TJ already has max stats a shotgun and can take 2 of Jason traps before serious injury and now has a pocket knife and health spray.  So he can potentially take four traps out now without sacrificing himself.  Also based on my experience people are not playing hero Tommy they are just escaping as quickly as possible.  This was a change that did not need to be made and was only made to make the game easier for counselors.  

Limiting Jason grab was also unnecessary and was a change only made to make the game easier for counselors.  

I enjoyed playing the game equally as a counselor or as Jason.  The challenge of trying to survive against Jason and get as many of my teammates out as possible was always fun as was hunting down and killing all of the counselors with ease playing as Jason.  I've heard on gaming podcast and from people I've played the game with both friends and randoms that some of these changes were made because many people complained that Jason was just too overpowering.  To which I say yeah he supposed to be that's what makes the game fun difficult as a counselor, easy as Jason.  Plus surviving Jason wasn't even that hard...don't get me wrong it's a challenge but not so frustrating that it's not fun.  The game should always be largely in Jason's favor and this patch even though it did some good has swung the game in favor of the counselors by a considerable margin.  I know this was a long post but I can honestly say I loved this game but this patch has killed my love for this game faster than Jason kills marijuana smoking, beer drinking, sex having teens.  It's too easy to escape as a counselor and just a pain in the ass to play as Jason.  I really do hope the developers see these mistakes and remove them...just have to wait and see I guess.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2017 at 10:20 PM, Tommy86 said:

By far the best change. This is an important one that I'm happy to see finally added. Good work. Also happy to see the scoreboard restored to Up as it should be. 

I won't be able to play for a couple days to try the patch myself, but sounds like there's a lot of good additions and fixes. I particularly like the updates to Jarvis. For now though, I will only offer some thoughts on changes I'm concerned about, and hopefully you guys can enlighten me a bit -

How is this change working out for everyone? Any issues?

Also to Courier - did you guys playtest this with variable latency? If the range is significantly shorter, I imagine ping will be a more crucial factor whether or not a grab succeeds, and a potentially serious issue. I'm glad you said you'll be keeping a close eye on feedback and willing to adjust it if necessary though. Regarding the cone size, has inverting the cone itself been a consideration at all? 

This one is particularly concerning.

I don't support the trap stacking exploit, but I do hope I can still place multiple traps at an objective in an effective formation to block it off. There is nothing wrong with doing this, it's merely strategy. Placing only 1 trap is such a weak defense that it would cause balance issues if traps could not be placed in clusters, where the counselor is forced to disengage each one to gain access. As traps are a limited resource, we should be free to do as we wish with them.

Very interested to read how this change has worked out for people.

Game is trash now worse then when it came out I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR this ripoff money grab!!! 

 

I hope this shit hole dies like franchise!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Twisty said:

Game is trash now worse then when it came out I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR this ripoff money grab!!! 

 

I hope this shit hole dies like franchise!!!

Don't quote me if you're going to post crap like this. I have no interest in reading it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Twisty said:

Game is trash now worse then when it came out I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR this ripoff money grab!!! 

 

I hope this shit hole dies like franchise!!!

 

Just now, Tommy86 said:

Don't quote me if you're going to post crap like this. I have no interest in reading it.

To be fair, @Twisty said the same thing yesterday when he ran out of toilet paper in the gas station bathroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If the Devs are actually reading any of this, I want them to know they're losing supporters and players every day (for one reason or another) and it's only going to get worse. You are killing your own fan-base guys and frankly, I'm not sure if you even give a shit.

They're probably a little more qualified to make that determination than you are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DialM said:

"Oh no! People not playing as Jason have a fighting chance!"

Me and my pals had a fighting chance before. If you don't know how to play, or know that sacrifices need to be made to ensure someone gets out, you're playing the wrong game. 

Quote

They're probably a little more qualified to make that determination than you are. 

After 4 months of constant bugs, server issues, and wonky gameplay decisions, are you so sure about that? Game is going from proper team work can ensure at least somebody escapes to proper team work can ensure Jason can eat shit. 

Edit: Also why does his grab have to be a cone at all? Just make it anywhere his arm can feasibly reach is where a grab will land. Him not being able to grab someone right in his face is dumb as hell, as well him not being able to grab someone who's at arms reach but happens to be slightly to the left or right of him. Add in the latency issues and you have people dancing around Jason not at all intimidated or worried. Maybe some day there will be a patch that doesn't fuck Jason over. 

Hell let's go all out! How about this: Oh boohoo, traps slow me down if I happen to step in them. They also do damage! Dear Gun, could you please make Jasons traps just mildly tickle our feet? Teehee, that'd be super awesome! I also believe that every Jason should only get one tickle trap, except for 2 who gets to have 2. See, Jason 2 gets 2! It works out great! In this way the counselors won't have to be so worried about walking around. Jasons weapons also are a tad bit... frightening... and look like they could really hurt! If you could perhaps decrease the range, and maybe make them made of plastic, this would really make all of us feel a little bit safer. JUST SOME IDEAS LOL!! 

Edited by VenomSymbiote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

After 4 months of constant bugs, server issues, and wonky gameplay decisions, are you so sure about that? 

Yes, I am sure that the devs have a better insight into the metrics of sales and active players than anyone on these forums. There's no need to warn them based on a total lack of knowledge and experience of the industry. I mean, it's ridiculous, as in full of ridicule. It's a grandiose statement fueled by ignorance and a sour attempt to make themselves feel justified. See also, "talking out one's ass".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Yes, I am sure that the devs have a better insight into the metrics of sales and active players than anyone on these forums. There's no need to warn them based on a total lack of knowledge and experience of the industry. I mean, it's ridiculous, as in full of ridicule. It's a grandiose statement fueled by ignorance and a sour attempt to make themselves feel justified. See also, "talking out one's ass".

So F13 should turn into Counselors: The Simulator, because Jason was a threat? Fuck that. The draw of the game should be Jason is insanely over powered and the counselors need to work their asses off together to get shit done. As of now, they don't need to do anything. One or two people die, objective items blink on the screen, broken grab (it was broken before but now it's broken in the other direction), inability to force counselors to notify you via double trapping, it's all a bunch of nerfs to Jason trying to grab an audience who already has DbD and 3 big name killers attached to it. Shitting on the main fans of the movies is not the way to go about garnering happy consumers. When the game first launched they were adamant about Jason being an insane threat. Well they sure fucked that in the ass good and proper by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×