12 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Thanks. Maybe Tommy soloing Jason is a bit much, but I did add a bunch of buffs for Jason, so could it balance out?

I'd like for a hard way to kill Jason that involves many counselors without Tommy being a strict requirement! 

• Like 2

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

I'd like for a hard way to kill Jason that involves many counselors without Tommy being a strict requirement! 

That would be a welcome addition. They could add map-specific deaths, like the Higgins hanging, collapsing house, or what have you.

They have not fixed the pamela tape "duplicates" since they put out this new update I have found 7 pamela tapes that's have not shown up in my inventory, which isn't fair to others. I know people think this isn't a big deal, but for the people who are looking for them it is. People play all day long. To be honest I haven't played because of that. What's the point..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EspionageCosmo said:

Is there an instance where a player could leave with Jason within range where it wouldn't be because they were trying to cost Jason the kill?

The most obvious one would be a disconnection issue. Dedicated servers should have a large impact on that, of course, so maybe when those are running it'd be something they could enforce harder. At present, If someone had a pocket knife on them and was inside a cabin with Jason outside, their connection drops and Jason gets the kill credit and XP, that'd be a little crazy.

Absolutely it's a tiny percentage, compared to the huge chance it's someone trying to weasel out of getting killed. Your suggestion is totally reasonable

But compared to the 100% rate when it's someone actually having a kill animation start on them...I can see why they'd play the percentages on this.
In the latter situation, even if it was an extremely coincidental disconnection then the doomed player can't pretend they were going to get away anyway.

Appreciate having a debate on this :) And yeah, that guy was definitely an asshat.

3 hours ago, NerfsSuck said:

Extremely disappointed with the trap-nerf, stacking traps was part of the strategy and fun of the game.

"Extremely disappointed" is a severe understatement. It is blatantly obvious that the vast majority of players oppose this bullshit, so I'm hoping the Devs will see just how much people DO NOT WANT TRAPS CHANGED and will do the right thing by changing it back. 

• Like 1

Regardless of whether revealing items on the map stays or goes. I do think there is ONE aspect that should stay regardless of what happens.

When asshole counselors decide to take the other set of car keys or the fuse or the propeller or another car part with them when they escape in the car or the boat. The other counselors who aren't in the area have NO IDEA what happened to the parts.

Add to that, not enough of the community knows the parts/items dry up on the shore line, moreover even what shoreline they dry up on. I DO THINK the parts should show up on the map on the shoreline IF counselors decide to be assholes and escape with them. This would help the remaining counselors understand WHY they can't find other parts.

That's a fair trade to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Got 3 more games in this afternoon. Once as Jason (part 6).

Scores were...

My game, killed 5/7 (with a Tommy spawn-in, so Tommy and a Debbie survived by running out the clock on the Jarvis map).

Next game the guy cleaned house with Savini (including getting Tommy).

Next game was 4/5 with part IV, no Tommy. But he almost got the final girl in the car on the way out. A split second more and he would have stopped the car and definitely killed her, so that was very close. 

Jason is still killing a majority of the counselors most of the time -- 7 out of 8 total matches so far. 

Jason should kill 7 or 8 at least 50% of the matches.

11 hours ago, The Razor's Edge said:

The hotfix is for glitched Pamela and Jarvis tapes.

Is this true? Did it work?

Guys ....As much as I HAAAAATE Jason players and I love trolling conceited Jasons....It's been so easy.We need to give the poor handicapped killer his trap stacking ability back..

The MAIN THING that needed to get FIXED was his grab radius and distance  and they fixed it.Give this man his trap stacking back and NOTHING ELSE NEEDS TO CHANGE.Everyone needs to learn how to play their game .

5 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

Guys ....As much as I HAAAAATE Jason players and I love trolling conceited Jasons....It's been so easy.We need to give the poor handicapped killer his trap stacking ability back..

The MAIN THING that needed to get FIXED was his grab radius and distance  and they fixed it.Give this man his trap stacking back and NOTHING ELSE NEEDS TO CHANGE.Everyone needs to learn how to play their game .

Yeah I bet you suck ass playing Jason

7 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

I favor this!  Say give Jason a set level of hit points, but make it very high, so like the movies he can be hacked, slacked, or otherwise taken out if the counselors do very well over the course of the match. 

15 hours ago, HorrorPops86 said:

Then good on them, nobody owes you kills. Nothing was "ruined," the player bested you and you couldn't catch them. It sound like you are spamming grab so maybe try another technique. You aren't guaranteed a sweep of 8/8 kills and if you don't someone "ruined" your game. The crybaby attitude is getting out of hand. MY PERFECT GAME WAS RUINED BY SOMEONE BESTING ME!!!! That's not how it works. Too many people here have sour crybaby attitudes and I hope I never play with you.

Oh wow we have another counselor scrub who supports the grab nerf. The Jenny I was chasing was within arm's length. Heck, Jason's hand was practically touching her neck. And guess what? The grab missed, not because of my skill, because of the nerf. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

"Extremely disappointed" is a severe understatement. It is blatantly obvious that the vast majority of players oppose this bullshit, so I'm hoping the Devs will see just how much people DO NOT WANT TRAPS CHANGED and will do the right thing by changing it back. 

I like that they fixed traps.   This makes Jasons that used multitrapping to take one objective out of the picture have to actually not tunnel one objective.  

It's hilarious that people are so sad over this -- That crutch is gone.  Can't scum stack your traps now and people are CRYING over it.  

Although I am kind of sad.  If I saw someone double or triple stack there traps I knew that I was playing with a scummy player and could act accordingly.  

I don't want the traps "fixed" to stack again.  Hopefully the devs see this and realize that not all players want scummy Jason plays back in the game again.  Good fix, good fix.

4 hours ago, Blackbird68 said:

Yeah I bet you suck ass playing Jason

Yea I prefer to be Tiffany and escape .I do suck as Jason to be honest .

But I don't want this game to die out.His grab is nerfed.That needed to be fixed.Good players will adjust and learn to hack more instead of grab.Maybe if they s dont fix the stacking Jason player will work around it..The good ones anyway .

2 hours ago, Khryn said:

I like that they fixed traps.   This makes Jasons that used multitrapping to take one objective out of the picture have to actually not tunnel one objective.  

It's hilarious that people are so sad over this -- That crutch is gone.  Can't scum stack your traps now and people are CRYING over it.  

Although I am kind of sad.  If I saw someone double or triple stack there traps I knew that I was playing with a scummy player and could act accordingly.  

I don't want the traps "fixed" to stack again.  Hopefully the devs see this and realize that not all players want scummy Jason plays back in the game again.  Good fix, good fix.

No, it isn't a good fix, it's a case of "fixing what isn't broken". Traps are given to Jason at the start of the match to help him catch/kill counselors, he should be able to use them as he sees fit. If you go to fix the phone and there's a pile of traps in front of it then guess what? Go fix a car or boat (which shouldn't be too hard since the dropped items now show up on the map). 

This is a horrible move, I really hope the Devs listen to the players on this one, especially since without them this game wouldn't exist in the first place.

2 hours ago, Khryn said:

It sounds like you were unable to handle the challenge of dealing with multiple traps, that's part of the challenge. I understand that making it easy for you is what you prefer, in doing so it gave you the crutch you needed, because you were unable to handle it otherwise. Perhaps, the next thing they should do is start Jason without weapons, or make his weapons break, maybe lower his movement speed, because a nice and gentle Jason is what drives a horror survival game. Jason should be feared, OP and difficult to overcome, not crippled because you can't figure out how to beat him, when so many others have. Yet you come here "CRYING" about "CRYING", even after you received your crutch, climb back into your shit hole and rot. Cheers....

• Like 3

14 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Berating the devs is* the most surefire way to get them to agree to your terms.

---

Editor's note: *not

Thanks. Maybe Tommy soloing Jason is a bit much, but I did add a bunch of buffs for Jason, so could it balance out?

I don't disagree that berating them doesn't help. Months and months of server issues, bugs, and constant nerfs and tweaks which make Jason that much less of a threat have just pushed me the wrong way and for far longer than should be acceptable by anyone. If I wanted counselor/survivors to be a dominating force I'd play DbD. I play Friday to barely have a chance to escape against a good Jason, not for him to be nerfed to the ground. Granted I'm not against things like making his grab range more in line with the animation. That's fine. Giving Tommy a pocket knife was also a great addition. Update after update though they keep making Jason less of a threat while giving the counselors more possibilities of survival. Not once have they commented on Jason 7s horrid stats, or buffed anything in regards to what Jason has while buffing counselors left and right. If the trend keeps up and snowballs it's not going to feel like Friday the 13th anymore. 

Game is broken. I've seen dozens of point blank grabs not register as a hit both from counselor and Jasons POV.

Objective control for the Killer is pretty much impossible. Most matches at least 2 of 3 objectives and Jarvis gets completed.

He was already easily ridiculed by good players that were coordinated. That happened rarely but it was possible.

Now you have that every 2nd match where Jason gets completely humiliated by randoms and more than half escape.

I mean using my bought emotes to dance half the match around a Jason is fun but not what I expect from a Friday game.

Gonna wait for them to fix this mess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NerfsSuck said:

It sounds like you were unable to handle the challenge of dealing with multiple traps, that's part of the challenge. I understand that making it easy for you is what you prefer, in doing so it gave you the crutch you needed, because you were unable to handle it otherwise. Perhaps, the next thing they should do is start Jason without weapons, or make his weapons break, maybe lower his movement speed, because a nice and gentle Jason is what drives a horror survival game. Jason should be feared, OP and difficult to overcome, not crippled because you can't figure out how to beat him, when so many others have. Yet you come here "CRYING" about "CRYING", even after you received your crutch, climb back into your shit hole and rot. Cheers....

hahah thank you for this. You said it all!

17 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I would like to submit my proposal for what may correct an issue people have been complaining about. People have said they have had a hard time grabbing counselors when very close to them. I believe this has to do with the nature of the grab cone radius. It gets bigger the further away from Jason it gets. What if it was inverted? Then it would be easier to grab people close to Jason and harder the further away they are. Like this graphic I made:

nGkP6Vr.png

With the latency issues the new grab range is incredibly small. As in Jason sometimes can’t grab counselors right in front of him. So I think we need those issues sorted out first before the grab range is inverted. Until those issues are fixed, Jason’s grab should be reverted to the way is pre-patch. After they’re fixed though, then Gun and Illfonic can feel free to invert the radius.

8 hours ago, Khryn said:

Some Jasons are at a severe handicap without being able to place two traps at a time, like Jason 7, because of how garbage he is. People were pissy and moaned that they had to sacrifice their pocket knives in order to get rid of traps, so I wouldn't be surprised if they added something to negate traps even further. With how Gun/ill don't comment to people who give a shit about Jason being nigh unstoppable, the game will just keep getting counselor focused. In a Friday the 13th game. Where the focus should be goddamned Jason fucking Voorhees. It's not so much the trap change in of itself for me, though I do think it hinders the weaker Jasons more than the stronger ones. It's still giving those that care about the movies and Jason actually being a menacing force a middle finger while felating the people who want to escape more often than not.

Even after two patches and hotfixes Jason still can't completely and freely break windows, Jason 7s stats are still trash, his grab while needed tweaking also resulted in grabs that should go off not doing anything, counselors can't damage each other anymore which while needed also means people can freely swing weapons while he has people grabbed, a bunch of tweaks that just help out counselors over and over and over again. What's Jason got in all these updates? Some more environmental kills which is even less meaningful now that each Jason has to kill asap because if he dares to play with anyone the objectives are going to get done. Brilliant. 

Mikil: Don't expect anything to be reverted, and if it is expect it to be poorly done like the windows. They want the DbD audience, an audience who already has their game and won't switch no matter what. So if anything, expect more Jason nerfs. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote

Omg Jason so underpowered now counselors have a free win all the time omg this game is ridiculous counselors overpowered and stupid 

O0PNzID.png

• Like 1