Like others are saying I thought Jason's grab was broken af but now that I've played with him twice it seems to be under performing . I was literally toe to toe with Fox but because I guess I was aiming directly at her I missed the grab I couldn't of been closer . Other Than This the patch is ok. Not being able to trap the phone the way I should be sucks dick. Why spawn with 5-7 traps to not put them down ? Love the Tommy update. Every Jason tries to jack me lol I usually give my knife away !!!

11 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Problem I guess is, how the heck would you be able to regulate this? How could the game tell that a counselor running away is going to be caught and killed in the next second or so? Proximity alone would be a terrible idea. Having them be grabbed even isn't a 100% case, since they could pocket knife or break free. The only situation where it's definite is when they're having a kill animation done to them. Everything else is open to too much wiggle room.

I'll try an example and show you a video where my suggestion may help. Let's say a counselor leaves the match when Jason is within either 1) Music distance (irrespective of stalk) or 2) Within a reasonable chasing distance of 30 feet or so (We now know this can be done since the Tommy Jarvis updates),... if a counselor leaves the game and plops to the ground, is it reasonable to assume that the reason the counselor left was due the desire to cost Jason the kill?

Is there an instance where a player could leave with Jason within range where it wouldn't be because they were trying to cost Jason the kill?

Here is a video of an asshat who said he was going to leave the game, and then did once he used his knives and I started slashing him. He still quit in time even though I was slashing. (Ignore the Podcast Audio covering the Vegas Shooting)

5 minutes ago, Hancove said:

Getting another update now. What is it? 

Hopefully it's fixing the damn "minimum trap distance" mistake that shouldn't have been made in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I’m really hoping the hotfix is going to revert Jason’s grab and range back go way it used to be.

Any new info?

• Like 1

Very unhappy with this patch as a primary Jason player i feel the company is making Jason less and less scary taking his reach and screwing up the traps now make being Jason a very hard job so much so that i feel and have herd from others who enjoy playing as Jason consider uninstalling the game and asking for a full refund. Counselors have all the perks, weapons, escapes, team work, and m ore while they themselves use cheats such as hitting Jason threw a door or window as he's hitting it, stepping over the traps by the drivers door, standing in front of the phone box to block Jason from hitting it, they all can walk, run and jog much faster then any Jason, stand on top of car where Jason can't reach them. So many unfair things since this patch plus you all took power away from like 4 Jason's it's hard enough to control the shift let alone grab a counselor who runs and wiggles b4 u reach them so that extra reach helped a lot. This is by far one of my fav games until this patch should rename the came the counselors kingdom cuz anymore Jason sucks all of em. I ask you all to please undo all changes made to Jason's and return the game back to a fair playing ground with over 1200hrs in the game i know how frustrating being Jason is and Jason is starting to become so boring to play now that the game is useless. Many Jason players agree we may be the minority also since not all like being Jason. Please undo so I can continue to play as b4 and enjoy the game again both as Jason and a counselor cuz even as a counselor now i get bored to easy to get away from Jason no challenge at all.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

The patch is great! Had 5 games tonight, 1 as Jason.

Kills:

My game, as part 4 Jason, got 6/8.

The other 4 Jasons got...

4/8

5/7

6/7

And...

2/8. But this last one had a newbie playing as part 7, so I'm surprised he got anyone.

Tommy is definitely a lot better. One player who came back as Tommy kept remarking how she had no idea that's what Tommy was for (staying behind and saving people), but she stayed and put up a fight.

Got 3 more games in this afternoon. Once as Jason (part 6).

Scores were...

My game, killed 5/7 (with a Tommy spawn-in, so Tommy and a Debbie survived by running out the clock on the Jarvis map).

Next game the guy cleaned house with Savini (including getting Tommy).

Next game was 4/5 with part IV, no Tommy. But he almost got the final girl in the car on the way out. A split second more and he would have stopped the car and definitely killed her, so that was very close. 

Jason is still killing a majority of the counselors most of the time -- 7 out of 8 total matches so far. 

2 minutes ago, Blackbird68 said:

Any new info?

Not that I know of. :(

1 hour ago, Woozyer said:

Traps and grab, ruined it with that.

I agree. Especially grab. I just had an 8/8 ruined because one counselor kept evading my grab. The old grab would’ve landed much earlier. Still got 7/8 and the “A Classic” trophy (Perform the sleeping bag kill), so I’m happy. Would’ve been better with a full wipe though.

1 hour ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I just had an 8/8 ruined because one counselor kept evading my grab.

Then good on them, nobody owes you kills. Nothing was "ruined," the player bested you and you couldn't catch them. It sound like you are spamming grab so maybe try another technique. You aren't guaranteed a sweep of 8/8 kills and if you don't someone "ruined" your game. The crybaby attitude is getting out of hand. MY PERFECT GAME WAS RUINED BY SOMEONE BESTING ME!!!! That's not how it works. Too many people here have sour crybaby attitudes and I hope I never play with you.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HorrorPops86 said:

Then good on them, nobody owes you kills. 

I agree. My game tonight, I was *THIS* close to getting Debbie soooo many damn times. Finally had her hobbling after a knife throw, was just about to grab her (FINALLY) and Tommy ran up behind me and shotgunned my ass. I still nearly got her like 3 more times, but those two players were working their asses off. If I had the previous grab, I would have gotten Debbie long before Tommy showed, but this was more fun. Definitely more fun for them, and that makes it more memorable. 

I would like to submit my proposal for what may correct an issue people have been complaining about. People have said they have had a hard time grabbing counselors when very close to them. I believe this has to do with the nature of the grab cone radius. It gets bigger the further away from Jason it gets. What if it was inverted? Then it would be easier to grab people close to Jason and harder the further away they are. Like this graphic I made:

nGkP6Vr.png

• Like 3

Extremely disappointed with the trap-nerf, stacking traps was part of the strategy and fun of the game. I enjoyed playing Jason Part 2 alot, now I see no reason to play him. You say it was because of being stunned multiple times, that doesn't register as unfair in the least. All you need are knives or medical sprays, a team of 2 or a solo player can disarm or spring multiple traps with still being able to achieve their objective. I have no desire to play Jason anymore, after putting in hundreds of hours, i'm disappointed I have to find a new game.

Also, you think you could fix Jason when he get's glitched? How many fucking times do I have to endure this shit? Jason, becomes unable to melee, break windows or break doors, he only can grab, which fixes it if your able to perform a kill. People wait long periods of time to play Jason, only to have it fucked up, when he becomes glitched, not that people will want to be Jason anymore, since he has been fucking nerfed. Jesus Fucking Christ, give me my god damn fucking money back you assholes. Seriously PM me...I'm tired of games that draw people in that play an enormous amount of hours, then nerf something that wasn't unbalanced to begin with, while hoping all the wasted hours spent on this game, will be the reason people stay because of their timely investment. Jesus Christ, you had fucking potential here....and you fucked it up.

Sick of you people nerfing Jason. If anyone ever wanted to use Jason 7 they sure as hell better never decide to since your entire team has decided to try and grab the DbD audience by making the counselors overpowered compared to Jason. Since 7 is still the worst fucking garbage Jason with nothing any of the other Jason can't do, and the constant nerfs and "tweaks" to Jason overall, might as well remove 7 from the game. Hell with Jason 7s insanely trash stats and only 3 traps, stacking them was the only way to keep a specific objective locked down properly while he slowly walks around seeing everyone just slightly jog past him. 

I loved this game at first and was defending all the nuances after release but this is getting ridiculous. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I like the new update. It's great. I just tested it out with about 15 matches. I played Jason twice. Got 8/8 and 9/8(lol). By and large it's a fantastic update other than aesthetic bugs like credit for more kills than there are players. The grab range nerf to Jason is necessary and I say the range is perfect now. Even as Jason I liked how it felt more satisfying to grab someone. It meant that my aim was true, and the game wasn't unnecessarily assisting me.

The Good:

Jason not stacking traps so close together anymore is a welcome change. I could deal with the former system, but it was a bit cheap. I actually got more use out of the traps when I spread them out at some strategic windows that I knew counselors would use and not look before going through.

Jason's new grab range/radius is perfect. I still have the same or similar success rate despite the nerf. Please do not make it longer once again. Give the community a few months to sit on this change before you would make any further changes to it. Players that got used to being able to spam the incredibly long grab are simply not adjusted to the new one yet.

Region select is greatly appreciated. Never thought we'd get it!

The Bad:

The window prompt is still the same as last patch and is still causing issues. Jason can't destroy windows above his head on the big houses, even though you can clearly see the weapon clip through the window. Jason could break those prior to the inclusion of the window prompt. There is also still the issue of a "bubble of invulnerability" protecting counselors that climb and leap through windows. If they leap thorugh, you can't touch them at all with your melee weapon. If they climb through, once they get one leg all the way over, Jason's weapon can't hurt them until the animation finishes.

I believe that has something to do with Jason's melee attack being programmed to trigger the window break animation. They should remove that. Relegate the special window break animation to only the E or "action" button, please! Restore the fluidity of the original system with the new window break as it's own separate thing.

Sucker Punch may not be working in the leftmost slot. I heard it works in the rightmost slot. I had it in the leftmost slot against Part 6 Jason, who has neutral stun resistance, and it seemed like it wasn't working. Beat the crap out of him with Fox but would take multiple hits to stun with most things that weren't a bat.

I feel that Tommy having a pocket knife is a bit much. It forces Jason to either eat the knife, or just chop Tommy to death. Maybe try something else, either firecrackers or remove Tommy's dead body jump scare effect. He's seen death before right?

Next Patch Suggestions:

• Restore the "clothing texture swap" from the previous patch, or just tweak those textures and add them to the clothing selection(A.J.'s skull swimsuit, Vanessa's striped swimsuit, Tiffany's Zebra thong, tiger Chad, etc.)
  • Jason cannot grab councelors that are blocking.
  • Jason can unlock an un-bar doors from the inside. Can also CLOSE doors. 
  • Prevent the sweater from being consumed when there is not a possibility that it would work, such as if Jason morphs/shifts away, or is in an "invincibility frame" of some kind. (Additionally, if the Jason player faces themselves to a wall or object like a car, Tommy can't get in front of them to kill Jason.
  • Allow Jason to place new traps in the same space occupied by previously laid traps that have already been tripped or disarmed.
  • Prevent Jason's traps from being placed so close to an object(like a wall or vehicle) that counselors cannot step in them.
  • When Stalk is active, prevents Jason's icon from appearing on the map when spotted by counselors, excluding the flare gun.
  • Throwing knives can break the phone box and stall the boat's engine/outboard.
  • Jason's melee attacks can stall the vehicles. I suggest 1 attack to the car engine and boat outboard, 2 attacks to the rear(or the front in the case of the boat), will stall them.
  • Jason's melee attacks in combat stance can break the phone box and power boxes without triggering the specific animation for it.
  • Consider putting a pause between Sense uses to prevent Sense-spam to find counselors. Would make hiding and related perks more appealing.
  • Consider swapping Sense and Stalk, so that Stalk is the next power after Morph, and Sense is the last power to be unlocked.
  • The difference between the distance of normal Shift and +Shift doesn't seem to be as big a leap from weak shift to normal shift. I could be wrong, but consider bumping weak shift a bit to make the gap between each level of shift the same from one to another.
  • Jason can break shotguns he happens to find lying about, like he did to Rob's rifle in Part 4.
  • Pocket knives work in water for a bit of a fighting chance for a counselor to survive a water encounter with Jason.
  • Add water combat to some degree, for above reason.
  • Counselors can park a car in front of Jason's shack to make it inaccessible by Jason. Either add a collision barrier or make one of the walls destructible.
  • Consider making flashlights an item that must be found in the match, and you start without one. If so, add a perk for starting with a flashlight just like with maps and walkie-talkies.
  • Grip Strength rework: Counselors trying to save someone picked up by Jason will often hit the counselor instead of Jason and consequently not free them. Suggest Weak Grip allows counselors in Jason's grasp to be freed when hit by other counselors, Neutral Grip is a 50/50 chance to free or not, and Strong Grip never lets a counselor go in this specific manner.
  • Male counselors get an equivalent to the "sweater stun," they find Rob's body, pick up his newspaper clippings about young Jason, then must find a bathroom to shave their head like young Tommy in Part 4. "Remember, Jason. Jason, don't you remember?" This includes Tommy himself, so Tommy could theoretically kill Jason by himself.
  • If one method of Jason death stun fails, Jason gains immunity to the other one for, say, 60 seconds? The other method would not activate, rather than allowing it to activate and be consumed during that period.
  • Part 7 still needs some kind of buff. There are many options; additional fear gain, faster Rage accumulation. Test it out and give him some kind of buff, or Strengths & Weaknesses rework.

This...! I had to quote it. Great ideas, all of it, except Tommy killing Jason all by himself.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Sick of you people nerfing Jason. If anyone ever wanted to use Jason 7 they sure as hell better never decide to since your entire team has decided to try and grab the DbD audience by making the counselors overpowered compared to Jason. Since 7 is still the worst fucking garbage Jason with nothing any of the other Jason can't do, and the constant nerfs and "tweaks" to Jason overall, might as well remove 7 from the game. Hell with Jason 7s insanely trash stats and only 3 traps, stacking them was the only way to keep a specific objective locked down properly while he slowly walks around seeing everyone just slightly jog past him. 

I loved this game at first and was defending all the nuances after release but this is getting ridiculous. 

Berating the devs is* the most surefire way to get them to agree to your terms.

---

Editor's note: *not

16 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

This...! I had to quote it. Great ideas, all of it, except Tommy killing Jason all by himself.

Thanks. Maybe Tommy soloing Jason is a bit much, but I did add a bunch of buffs for Jason, so could it balance out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NerfsSuck said:

Extremely disappointed with the trap-nerf, stacking traps was part of the strategy and fun of the game. I enjoyed playing Jason Part 2 alot, now I see no reason to play him. You say it was because of being stunned multiple times, that doesn't register as unfair in the least. All you need are knives or medical sprays, a team of 2 or a solo player can disarm or spring multiple traps with still being able to achieve their objective. I have no desire to play Jason anymore, after putting in hundreds of hours, i'm disappointed I have to find a new game.

When they said being stunned multiple times, they didnt mean being able to place multiple traps that must be tripped. When you step in a trap, the animation that plays shifts your character to the left slightly, if you place another trap close enough to the first one, the character who steps in the trap on the right will always step into the trap on the left after they free themselves.