[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes - 10.25.2017

258 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Hope your spam post gets deleted. Not the first time you've done it.

Guess you knew where to go.

Looking forward to trying out Fox.

The Tommy changes clearly make him stronger. I appreciate that there's been a little editing as well to make him not surprised and terrified by encountering dead bodies! I figured it might simply be an extra shotgun shell or something, but this is more useful.
The tapes were unexpected so I hope I find some!

Happy about the Jason kill credit, having had someone disconnect mid-kill after kiting for me 10 minutes at the weekend. Wasted everyone else's time as much as mine.

Unsure about the dropped repair items being viewable on the map. It's a definite boost to counselors and nerf to Jason. I'll be very interested in seeing how that goes but, at the moment, despite the frustration of counselors not finding them beforehand, I think this sounds like a step too far. Especially since Jason himself cannot see them either, it might be better if he could as well.

Jason's grab range & cone, I'll have to see how it feels. I'm not surprised in the slightest some don't like the change but I see others getting plenty of kills still, so I want to try it myself. It was an often complained about situation.

Emote now on Y, man, I was just getting used to the previous version :P Again, this was a hugely requested change and Y makes sense as it's used the least, I'd imagine.

12 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:
      • Removed grass that was growing in one of the cabins

Poor Mitch.

4 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Seriously?! Not being able to re-trap an objective because your out of traps is one thing, but the update basically screws Jason over BIG TIME because after the first one is used, there's nothing he can do to prevent counselors from trying again.

No, not seriously, @Shaild tested it and you can place them over the disarmed trap as always. It just counts for the active ones.

4 hours ago, EspionageCosmo said:

YES 100% I AGREE! I have chased down SO MANY people only to have them DC before I grab them!

Problem I guess is, how the heck would you be able to regulate this? How could the game tell that a counselor running away is going to be caught and killed in the next second or so? Proximity alone would be a terrible idea. Having them be grabbed even isn't a 100% case, since they could pocket knife or break free. The only situation where it's definite is when they're having a kill animation done to them. Everything else is open to too much wiggle room.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Guess you knew where to go.

I'll be frank with you. I can understand you're pissed about this patch, yet at first you went about solving this constructively by starting up a petition. But now you're defying forum rules openly as well as using a passive aggressive tone against people.

You need to calm down. Remember, the devs stated they were going to keep a close eye on the changes to see if they needed to make adjustments in the near future. I'm pretty they're taking notes right about now considering how volatile everything has become.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

I'll be frank with you. I can understand you're pissed about this patch, yet at first you went about solving this constructively by starting up a petition. But now you're defying forum rules openly as well as using a passive aggressive tone against people.

You need to calm down. Remember, the devs stated they were going to keep a close eye on the changes to see if they needed to make adjustments in the near future. I'm pretty they're taking notes right about now considering how volatile everything has become.

Im not angry in the least. In fact I haven't even tried to play yet because I was at work. I just wanted to ask if the Devs got around to fixing Jenny's red and white shirt texture and someone got swarmy about it. 

23 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yep. If you don't like it you know where to go.

Might wanna go there first.

1 person likes this

@Alien_Number_Six, I've edited your previous post so it just shows what was being quoted. Your request was fine, it just didn't need Courier's entire wall of text post in there before it.

This was actually covered already, in Kodiak's link above.

24 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

@Alien_Number_Six, I've edited your previous post so it just shows what was being quoted. Your request was fine, it just didn't need Courier's entire wall of text post in there before it.

This was actually covered already, in Kodiak's link above.

Ok that's cool thank you.

24 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Might wanna go there first.

I didn't know. Hey did they fix the texture?

Please optimize this fucking game on Xbox One... i haven't payed 40€ for play at 25fps...

How about fixing the bug that Jason spawns under the map?

14 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

How about fixing the bug that Jason spawns under the map?

You mean this ? :

Packanack

• Adjusted the spawn point that caused Jason to sometimes spawn under the ground

So here's some bugs/glitches I noticed during my 4 hour play session last night.

-Pamela's sweater is hard to activate with the emote wheel now. Everytime I held down triangle it brang up the emote menu rather than activate the sweater. Pressing triangle did nothing. Sweater only activated after mashing triangle repeatedly and then I got locked in the emote wheel until sweater was done.

-Could not see myself on the map as Jason which made knowing where to morph a pain in the ass. Match started fine but halfway through my cursor dissappeared from the map so I had no way to know where I was to morph ahead of a fleeing counselor.

-Had numerous issues where Jason grabbed someone, we smacked him dead on his back MULTIPLE TIMES and still would not make him let the counselor go.

-Jason's kill count is all messed up and showing stuff like 12/8 kills or no survivors bonus when people clearly escaped etc.

-Frame Rate issues on ps4 during Rain that weren't there prior last patch

Regarding the change to Jason's grab range:

The length is fine, no more stretch armstrong is a good thing. Though I think there should be a larger hitbox conearound his side because unless they're directly in front of you now, you can whiff easy if they pretty much zig or turn even an inch.

Regarding the change to traps:

Personally, I'm not a fan of this. While I disagree with the extreme knee jerk reactions some are giving, It definitely is way harder for Jason now because thick skin and medic already allowed Counselors to eat multiple traps, which is fine. But when they only need to eat one trap now, they can eat that trap or pocket knife it and get shit repaired way too fast with little to no warning for Jason.

This is made worse when you have all 3 of your traps going off at the same time now EVERY match because Counselors are not afraid of them even remotely and know they can easily get an objective going by making it impossible for you to control multiple objectives at once.

Multi-stacking traps on the same exact location making you die instantly from triggering one was BS. But laying 3 traps in general on an objective was fine.

The only people who complained about multi-traps like that were new players who didn't know how to deal with it.

Jason needs to be able to have some measure of control on objectives since counselors can be in 3 places at once and Jason can't.

Add onto that, that once you put a trap on the car and the phone and they both trigger, if you put a new one down on each, you still see the triggered icon on your map. So now if they trigger the new one, it's a guessing game of which one they triggered. So you might morph to the car but it was the phone and now you're screwed because phone gets repaired.

I was still able to kill almost everyone but it took so much effort to try and control all the objectives going off at once. It shouldn't be that easy for counselors and that hard for Jason.

Remove the exploit that allowed traps to be perfectly stacked on top of each other, but allow multi-trapping in general.

Popping 5 traps on the phone while you guard the car and watch the map for the boat was a strategy. You could still get any of those going with teamwork by someone triggering the phone trap and fleeing to get Jason off the car to get it repaired while they take off the remaining traps and call cops as soon as he morphs again to the started car. Then boat takes off at the same time. 

That's Jason's weakness with doing that strategy. But it's his choice. 

If he wants to 2 trap phone, 2 trap car and 1 trap other car, that's also his perogative.

Every Jason is different. But a single trap on an objective is just too easy to counter especially with 3 pocket knives in every match. That means all 3 objective traps can be triggered at once and Jason would never know unless he was staring at his map.

That's not well balanced. 

That's my two cents on the matter. Still entirely possible for a good Jason to clean house but it's just a lot more stress than needed now. 

2 people like this

11 hours ago, tjohnnyblue said:

So much for the duplicate tape fix, still there.

As Tommy says: “Noooooooo!!!”

I only had time to play last night for about an hour but so far I like the update for the most part.

• I don't entirely mind being able to see parts on the map once they've been found. Obviously that change was made to impact public matches since nobody (at least not on PS4) knows how to work together in public, and to combat people trolling by hiding parts.
  • The trapping will take some getting used to but last night in my only match as Jason using part 6 I got 6/8 - the boat to my surprise was fixed very quickly on the Jarvis map nonetheless, looking at you @pioneer67fkd and @Omnichris64<_<. Trapped the phone box as close to the box as possible and set another as close to the first as possible, worked out fine for me. Granted by the time the traps went off I didn't have any left to try and replace and if you're currently unable to put one back on a used trap I do hope they change that at least.
  • My biggest and pretty much only gripe probably has to be the grab change. On more than one occasion last night counselors were brushing my shoulder as I was coming out of a shift and I wasn't able to grab them. We've all had that thought that we were screwed by a grab and thinking "he shouldn't have been able to grab me right there" and I don't expect to still be able to grab them from across the room but when they're that close to me, come on now.

Enough people fussed about parts getting lost, hidden, or counselors escaping with them so it was fixed. Enough people fussed about the grab range so it was fixed. Make up your minds people, the developers actually listen so be careful what you ask for.

This update for me anyway maybe made it more challenging to be Jason, but with all the advantages he already has do you want to be able to kill everyone within 5 minutes or do you want to have to work for it? Everyone saying "oh they gave players an easy button for counselors" well if you think about it Jason has had the easy button for months now.

That's all I'll touch on for now since these seem to be the main changes that everyone's debating about.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

You mean this ? :

Packanack

• Adjusted the spawn point that caused Jason to sometimes spawn under the ground

Missed that one. Sorry Gun.

1 hour ago, Jds255 said:

As Tommy says: “Noooooooo!!!”

Who cares? I'm level 95ish and have found 2 (two) tapes.

I will never find any dups because I find no tapes in the first place.

40 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

Who cares? I'm level 95ish and have found 2 (two) tapes.

I will never find any dups because I find no tapes in the first place.

Well, that would explain why you don’t care. I have found 14 duplicates so far so I care.

Plz fix the pamel a tapes I've found two of them and died and there not there plz help plz fricken fix it :'(

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Jds255 said:

Well, that would explain why you don’t care. I have found 14 duplicates so far so I care.

I see the problem. I'm just sarcastic because I think the whole tape system is broken. After 1000 matches and almost highest level you shouldn't have found 2 tapes.

It has probably something to do with your character and play the wrong ones.

If you say it is pure coincident - I say bullshit. After 1000 matches coincident is not a factor.

1 hour ago, ikarikh said:

Every Jason is different. But a single trap on an objective is just too easy to counter especially with 3 pocket knives in every match. That means all 3 objective traps can be triggered at once and Jason would never know unless he was staring at his map.

And now Tommy always has a knife.

1 person likes this

I only played a few games last night but I'd say everything looks pretty good to me. I'm glad for the grab range nerf, the trap spacing doesn't bother me, Tommy spawning with a knife and med spray is great, Fox is decent (although it looks like the stats @[IllFonic]Courier mentioned are incorrect), and now there are Tommy tapes! I'm looking forward to playing this weekend and seeing how well this patch balanced things out. For now though, good job on the patch!

U didn't fix the duplicate Pamela tapes like you said . Hire more QA

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, EspionageCosmo said:

You're forgetting that placing a single trap can be easily disarmed using a pocket knife which allows the objective to be pushed with no alert to Jason. This is fine but Jasons should have the option of insuring against this with multiple traps if they so desire. The downside for Jason is that they run out of traps sooner. It should be a judgement call for Jason.

Regarding that i can see your point but only in one instance, if someone has already disarmed a trap and you put another and you go then the pocket knife is doable, you can't even see the fulfilled icon in the map bc there was already one before. Now if someone triggers the first one with a pocket knife and you open the map, you can see that is triggered, you go and you have time to avoid a call (phone instance), not the same if it is the car and is Debbie or Eric, but well, open a lot the map can save your ass trap wise.

Sounds ok. Three main problems though. 

1. Trapping as Jason. Once one trap is sprung, I cant set another one in its place (same spot, or" too close") Thats just wrong. 

2. Dropped items should not be shown on map. Makes things easy for skilled counselors. Not to mention unrealistic and takes alot away from basic teamplay.

3. Grabbing as Jason is at times just right. Sometimes though Jason misses the grab while he is definetly at proximity. 

Thats my two cents on the subject, and they should be changed back to as they were. What do others think?

Vanessa with medic, hypochondriac, and scout are going to cause quite a few 1-3 kill Jasons.

18 hours ago, DeadManJoe said:

Added a minimum required distance between Jason traps to prevent players from being able to multi-trap objectives and chain stun Counselors

Personally I feel like this is bullshit for all the Objective-Control Jasons. If you want to use all your traps to prevent one objective from being used you should be allowed to do so...that's how that Jason works. If your a counselor and need to get through all those traps then find some first-aid or pocket knives and deal with it or you know REPAIR THE CAR/BOAT!

I completely agree! I don't know how this gunna affect my play style as Jason now. I feel like it's gunna make it a lot harder. 

1 person likes this

The bug with pocket knife not triggered by env kill is back :(

Regression testing anyone?

@GunMedia_Ben