[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes - 10.25.2017

258 posts in this topic

Sounds like a great patch. Regular patches keep the game alive. Good work

tommy starts with a pocket knife now...  so in other words... just hack and slash him, then. 

2 people like this

Strengthening Tommy was the only good thing about this patch.

3 people like this

Seems like there is a bug where you can hear water without being near water? could possibly be because of the rain FX? not sure... Also i noticed there is no way to use animations after the hotfix that just came out afterwards...

32 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Strengthening Tommy was the only good thing about this patch.

Agreed! That and fixing Jason spawning underneath the map, along with the new environmental kills. 

How to activate the emotes worked perfectly fine before, viewing the status screen through the map menu was an easy process.

Items showing up on the map is extremely lame, once again it was fine before and made you actually pay attention where people died instead of now knowing where everything is... I don't play public matches and that might be needed for those but for private matches at-least give the host the option to turn it on/off or simply leave it the way it was just like it was done with friendly fire.

I knew this update was going to be terrible just by reading the patch notes and after playing as both counselor and Jason I stand by that, it's terrible. Jason isn't the force that he SHOULD be anymore and a good group of counselors can walk all over him easily which is not what this game should be about. 

1 person likes this

The patch notes show that Fox's Strength is 7 but in the game it shows 6. Which one is it?

9 minutes ago, ztomas1 said:

The patch notes show that Fox's Strength is 7 but in the game it shows 6. Which one is it?

What platform are you on? On PS4 it's a 7

I love Fox but I'm curious to why her stats are different in the game compared to this . I think they are better for her character in game but she has lower Stam and speed here 

PATCH 10-25-17 OVERALL FEEDBACK: Night #1
I played two Jason rounds tonight and here is my overall feedback (See Included Video)

Between:
-Increased radius of Traps
-Lack of performance esp. on Higgins Small and Large

Being Jason is difficult to horrendous as of 10.25.17 Patch.

With the increased radius of traps, there is no way for Jason to allow himself to be alerted to the pushing of an objective if the counselor has a pocket knife. Rather than making the strategic decision to use multiple traps with the downside of running out, Jason used to ensure having the option of "objective control" if and when he decided to give up more traps for more security. This is now no longer an option and counselors must only face one trap per objective-point regardless of what Jason does, and must only pay a single pocket knife to remain undetected. If a Jason decides to fortify an objective using multiple traps, there must be SOME benefit to it.

With a GTX 960 SSC and an AMD A10 7890K, am I unreasonable to expect higher than 15-20 FPS with LOW settings on maps like Higgins Haven Large and Small? I was hoping this would be improved if not fixed this patch,... if anything, I think it's worse from what I've played. This makes shift grabbing and knife throwing almost impossible.

Overall, I think that the counselor voices are outnumbering the Jason voices, and in doing so, Jason is incrementally being turned into a punching bag for the counselors, and this latest change with the trap radius is a perfect example of that. If this remains, or progresses, Jason will no longer be a threat and the purpose/atmosphere/feel of the game will be defeated.

Please reverse multi-trapping and fix performance. Thank you.

1 person likes this

I feel the "minimum trap distance" is a mistake. Multi-trapping objectives should be the Jason-players decision and has never caused a major problem before. Forcing Jasons to only use one trap (I'm using the phone for example) means he no longer has the "security" of knowing there is more than one trap counselors must deal with, thus forcing him to stop whatever he is doing and go back to the phone again if he wants to re-trap it. While he's doing this, counselors may be getting away that wouldn't have if he didn't have to keep returning to the same objective. 

Could you guys please change traps back to the way they were before the update? 

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I feel the "minimum trap distance" is a mistake. Multi-trapping objectives should be the Jason-players decision and has never caused a major problem before. Forcing Jasons to only use one trap (I'm using the phone for example) means he no longer has the "security" of knowing there is more than one trap counselors must deal with, thus forcing him to stop whatever he is doing and go back to the phone again if he wants to re-trap it. While he's doing this, counselors may be getting away that wouldn't have if he didn't have to keep returning to the same objective. 

My point exactly. 100%

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Archgamer said:

If someone disarm the trap and Jason comes back to put another trap, that second trap he puts there may not even trigger because of the new space requirement they mention. That is BAD!

Seriously?! Not being able to re-trap an objective because your out of traps is one thing, but the update basically screws Jason over BIG TIME because after the first one is used, there's nothing he can do to prevent counselors from trying again.

6 hours ago, Mozzie said:

Really glad to hear these changes. If a dev is reading through I have the following questions:

• Any reason not to give Jason kill XP for every counselor that dc's from the match? From my understanding of the patch notes, it's only during kill animation, which means people can just DC during the grab or being chased (which already happens quite a lot).

YES 100% I AGREE! I have chased down SO MANY people only to have them DC before I grab them!

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Shaild said:

If you want to spend all the traps at once then you're doing something wrong, at the phone you can put one, they activate one? go and replace it, you get them to use more resources than you with traps.

You're forgetting that placing a single trap can be easily disarmed using a pocket knife which allows the objective to be pushed with no alert to Jason. This is fine but Jasons should have the option of insuring against this with multiple traps if they so desire. The downside for Jason is that they run out of traps sooner. It should be a judgement call for Jason.

1 person likes this

Played about 5 matches this evening. 10/25/2017

1) Saw on 4 different occasions (2 times it was me)  that a Jason killing counselors with melee attacks only resulted in the counselor dying, but remaining in a standing hunched position. The counselors did not fall to the ground and remained fixed in position. Even saw one instance of a car trying to back away from Jason and hitting the standing body of a counselor and being unable to move backwards further (again this was my body in front of Packanack Lodge). It did not wreck the car but it stopped it cleanly from moving backwards as if the car hit a tree.

2) Saw Tommy step in a trap next to the 4 door car driver's door. The trap triggered, remained on Tommy's leg, and he entered the car. The "enter car door" animation prevented damage and negated the trap. I guess this is a minor improvement. Previously, the person entering the car would just completely bypass the trap.:P

3) Hit Jason twice with a bat as Mitch; one hit after the other. No stun effect.

4) Hit Jason with a machete while he had grabbed a counselor. He vanished along with the counselor. It awarded me fight back XP, but did not cause Jason to drop the counselor. He teleported back a few moments later after finishing off the counselor at whatever random location he vanished to.

5) I killed 5/6 counselors in a one match. It said I killed 6/6 in the results screen while still showing that one person escaped. Tommy had not been called.

6) Sometimes if you move your "movement" joystick while exiting from under a bed you will pop out at the head of the bed and can be wedged into a position where you are trapped and cannot get away. Occasionally, the prompt to re-enter the hiding spot can pop up. If you enter back under the bed, then exit again without touching the joysticks it will usually leave you free to leave. For the record, this is not from this patch, but it occurred a few times with the last patch as well. It always seems related to a bed. One time it was a random cabin that I don't remember. The other time I do remember was a Higgin's Main house. The room to the far right on the first floor.

The Tommy Jarvis change was necessary for quite some time. Far too many people were using him as a second life; now there's reason for him to go save counselors.

I especially like the change that you can now see where parts are located on the map when they were dropped. Although it hurts immersion a little bit, dropping random objective parts in the middle of nowhere was a tactic trolls used far too often to screw with people. It can still be circumvented if they hold onto the parts, but that's more acceptable IMO than a 13 year old kid thinking it's funny to make sure both cars are never repaired by hiding the batteries somewhere.

I'm neutral about the trap change. I never stacked them on objectives to begin with because I enjoyed capturing people in places they wouldn't expect (e.g. the map stand). IMO if you needed to triple trap an objective then you were just bad. Might make the phone a bit too powerful though....maybe they could introduce another objective part that is necessary to call the police?

The grab range needed a nerf for sure; the reach was insane, being able to grab people from 10 feet away like a magnet. But it also feels like it's a bit too weak now...maybe it could be solved by switching around the position of the cone range? The devs did say they were going to keep a close eye on this one, so I'd imagine we will see a hotfix in the future if it gets bad enough.

1 person likes this

Thank you soooo much for fixing the emote / status button stuff. That was indeed frustrating, as I would check the status with the D-pad like 100 times a game. Thank you for returning it to how it was!!! 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

The Tommy Jarvis change was necessary for quite some time. Far too many people were using him as a second life; now there's reason for him to go save counselors.

I especially like the change that you can now see where parts are located on the map when they were dropped. Although it hurts immersion a little bit, dropping random objective parts in the middle of nowhere was a tactic trolls used far too often to screw with people. It can still be circumvented if they hold onto the parts, but that's more acceptable IMO than a 13 year old kid thinking it's funny to make sure both cars are never repaired by hiding the batteries somewhere.

I'm neutral about the trap change. I never stacked them on objectives to begin with because I enjoyed capturing people in places they wouldn't expect (e.g. the map stand). IMO if you needed to triple trap an objective then you were just bad. Might make the phone a bit too powerful though....maybe they could introduce another objective part that is necessary to call the police?

The grab range needed a nerf for sure; the reach was insane, being able to grab people from 10 feet away like a magnet. But it also feels like it's a bit too weak now...maybe it could be solved by switching around the position of the cone range? The devs did say they were going to keep a close eye on this one, so I'd imagine we will see a hotfix in the future if it gets bad enough.

If nothing else set it to where Jason can grab a counselor that is right next to him (anywhere in his arm's reach, not counting weapon reach). I felt a little too safe when he attempted a grab on me when I was literally toe-to-toe with him and I was able to run away.

Edited by Kannon Blasphemy
1 person likes this

I like the new update. It's great. I just tested it out with about 15 matches. I played Jason twice. Got 8/8 and 9/8(lol). By and large it's a fantastic update other than aesthetic bugs like credit for more kills than there are players. The grab range nerf to Jason is necessary and I say the range is perfect now. Even as Jason I liked how it felt more satisfying to grab someone. It meant that my aim was true, and the game wasn't unnecessarily assisting me.

The Good:

Jason not stacking traps so close together anymore is a welcome change. I could deal with the former system, but it was a bit cheap. I actually got more use out of the traps when I spread them out at some strategic windows that I knew counselors would use and not look before going through.

Jason's new grab range/radius is perfect. I still have the same or similar success rate despite the nerf. Please do not make it longer once again. Give the community a few months to sit on this change before you would make any further changes to it. Players that got used to being able to spam the incredibly long grab are simply not adjusted to the new one yet.

Region select is greatly appreciated. Never thought we'd get it!

The Bad:

The window prompt is still the same as last patch and is still causing issues. Jason can't destroy windows above his head on the big houses, even though you can clearly see the weapon clip through the window. Jason could break those prior to the inclusion of the window prompt. There is also still the issue of a "bubble of invulnerability" protecting counselors that climb and leap through windows. If they leap thorugh, you can't touch them at all with your melee weapon. If they climb through, once they get one leg all the way over, Jason's weapon can't hurt them until the animation finishes.

I believe that has something to do with Jason's melee attack being programmed to trigger the window break animation. They should remove that. Relegate the special window break animation to only the E or "action" button, please! Restore the fluidity of the original system with the new window break as it's own separate thing.

Sucker Punch may not be working in the leftmost slot. I heard it works in the rightmost slot. I had it in the leftmost slot against Part 6 Jason, who has neutral stun resistance, and it seemed like it wasn't working. Beat the crap out of him with Fox but would take multiple hits to stun with most things that weren't a bat.

I feel that Tommy having a pocket knife is a bit much. It forces Jason to either eat the knife, or just chop Tommy to death. Maybe try something else, either firecrackers or remove Tommy's dead body jump scare effect. He's seen death before right?

Future Patches Suggestions:

Jason:

• Invert Jason's grab range/radius. Make it wider close to him and narrower further away. Keep the max length the same.
  • Improve/expand Jason's melee hit detection.
  • Implement combat stance target switching. Right now Jason's combat stance targeting is automatic, and sometimes it makes Jason lock-on to counselors he does not want to. On PC this could be the Q key and the equivalent button on console(I think it's Y on Xbox and Triangle on PS4, but I could be wrong).
  • Allow throwing knives to be aimed and thrown from combat stance, and automatically return to combat stance. Possibly include target lock-on for the throwing knives when within lock-on range.
  • Add a small "dodge" move for Jason. Kind of like counselors but he just leans left/right/back/forward instead of jumping like counselors. Like the scene in Part 3 when Jason dodged Chris Higgin's knife swipes. So it's a shorter dodge than what counselors have but it would help Jason avoid stuns more easily.
  • Add new attacks for Jason in combat stance: 1. Horizontal Sweep Attack: Hold BACK and attack at the same time. Wide sweeping horizontal arc for clearing out groups. 2. Charge Attack: Double tap forward/dodge forward and attack quickly. Closes a short distance quickly with a cooldown.
  • Reduce INITIAL charge time for abilities on the small maps to counter-balance counselors being able to complete objectives faster.
  • Jason can unlock an un-bar doors from the inside. Can also CLOSE doors.  This will help Jason's stealth and herding ability.
  • Allow Jason to place new traps in the same space occupied by previously laid traps that have already been tripped or disarmed.
  • Allow Jason to pick up his own traps that have not been tripped to re-set them.
  • Prevent Jason's traps from being placed so close to an object(like a wall or vehicle) that counselors cannot step in them.
  • Add bear trap icons to the map when they are set or dropped by counselors.
  • When Stalk is active, Jason's icon will not appear on the map when spotted by counselors, excluding the flare gun.
  • Shotgun and flare gun stuns are 10-20% shorter if Jason is blocking in combat stance, excluding if shot from the back or in the face.
  • Throwing knives can break the phone box and stall the boat's engine/outboard.
  • Jason's melee attacks can stall the vehicles. I suggest 1 attack to the car engine and boat outboard, 2 attacks to the rear(or the front in the case of the boat), will stall them.
  • Jason's melee attacks in combat stance can break the phone box and power boxes without triggering the specific animation for it.
  • Consider putting a pause between Sense uses to prevent Sense-spam to find counselors. Would make hiding and related perks more appealing.
  • Consider swapping Sense and Stalk, so that Stalk is the next power after Morph, and Sense is the last power to be unlocked.
  • The difference between the distance of normal Shift and +Shift doesn't seem to be as big a leap from weak shift to normal shift. I could be wrong, but consider bumping weak shift a bit to make the gap between each level of shift the same from one to another.
  • Jason can break shotguns he happens to find lying about, like he did to Rob's rifle in Part 4.
  • Currently Jason is immune to flares and/or shotguns during specific animations, such as if he's shot by a flare RIGHT as he grabs someone, the flare will bounce off. Ensure Jason has no "invincibility" frames like this.
  • Currently counselors can park a car in front of Jason's shack to make it inaccessible by Jason. Either add a collision barrier or make one of the walls destructible.
  • Grip Strength rework: Counselors trying to save someone picked up by Jason will often hit the counselor instead of Jason and consequently not free them. Suggest Weak Grip allows counselors in Jason's grasp to be freed when hit by other counselors, Neutral Grip is a 50/50 chance to free or not, and Strong Grip never lets a counselor go in this specific manner.
  • Part 7 still needs some kind of buff. There are many options; additional fear gain, faster Rage accumulation. Test it out and give him some kind of buff, or Strengths & Weaknesses rework.

Counselor/General:

• Remove combat stance lock-on from counselor to counselor. It gets in the way when trying to fight Jason.
  • Spread out phone and car spawns on the Jarvis map. Allow the phone to spawn at the Jarvis residence, as in the film. Additionally, putting the phone on one of the east/west islands/peninsulas could work.
  • Allow 2 cars to spawn on the Jarvis map
  • Allow counselors to switch seats in the boat without completely exiting the boat. This includes 2 counselors switching seats both without getting out.
  • Increase the size/radius of the enter/exit prompt for the boat to allow counselors to more easily get in from the water.
  • Restore the "clothing texture swap" from the previous patch, or just tweak those textures and add them to the clothing selection(A.J.'s skull swimsuit, Vanessa's striped swimsuit, Tiffany's Zebra thong, tiger Chad, etc.)
  • Prevent the sweater from being consumed when there is not a possibility that it would work, such as if Jason morphs/shifts away, or is in an "invincibility frame" of some kind. (Additionally, if the Jason player faces themselves to a wall or object like a car, Tommy can't get in front of them to kill Jason. That should be fixed somehow.)
  • Pocket knives work in water for a bit of a fighting chance for a counselor to survive a water encounter with Jason.
  • Add water combat to some degree, for above reason.
  • Consider making flashlights an item that must be found in the match, and you start without one. If so, add a perk for starting with a flashlight just like with maps and walkie-talkies.
  • Male counselors get an equivalent to the "sweater stun," they find Rob's body, pick up his newspaper clippings about young Jason, then must find a bathroom to shave their head like young Tommy in Part 4. "Remember, Jason. Jason, don't you remember?" This includes Tommy himself, so Tommy could theoretically kill Jason by himself.
  • If one method of Jason death stun fails, Jason gains immunity to the other one for, say, 60 seconds? The other method would not activate, rather than allowing it to activate and be consumed during that period.
  • Jason cannot grab counselors that are blocking. Alternatively, Jason cannot grab counselors that are BOTH blocking AND are above 50% health.
  • Currently, if Jason attacks a counselor repeatedly, they will get stun-locked and cannot move or attack, ensuring their death. Remove stun-locking for counselors.
4 people like this

@[IllFonic]Courier What happened to being able to toggle rain on and off in private matches? I thought it was going to be this patch in which you could do it?

12 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Patch Notes - Oct 25. 2017

I would really like it if you guys fix Jenny's red and white shirt.

6 hours ago, matisangry said:

tommy starts with a pocket knife now...  so in other words... just hack and slash him, then. 

Yep his ass is getting murdered. On the flip side I might just give that pocket knife to someone else and just bluff that I have one. 

6 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I would really like it if you guys fix Jenny's red and white shirt.

Are you serious? You quoted the entire OP to write that? 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Are you serious? You quoted the entire OP to write that? 

Yep. If you don't like it you know where to go.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yep. If you don't like it you know where to go.

Hope your spam post gets deleted. Not the first time you've done it.