All good stuff, but why does Chad's baseball bat still break after two hits? Is that an intended nerf to high luck characters? 

10.25.2017 - Patch
Bug Noticed #1: "Error! Could not retrieve game connection details" when connecting to some players but not others.
(I will be mentioning them here as well as reporting them)

When joining one friends party via steam, I was able to connect with no issue, however when trying connect to a different friend after leaving the first party, I was not able to connect and got the "Error! Could not retrieve game connection details" screen.

Always trying to help to make this game perfect :)

Oh, actually i didn't tried the deactivated traps, i will come back with new knowleadge

2 hours ago, Archgamer said:

If someone disarm the trap and Jason comes back to put another trap, that second trap he puts there may not even trigger because of the new space requirement they mention. That is BAD!

Ok, i tested it, you can replace them as always, the space thing is only for the non activated traps, so as part 2 you can go, replace it and that's it

• Like 1

`Hey guys,

Love all the work you have put into this! I'm experiencing a bit of a glitch on PS4. All my previously unlocked Jason kills are now locked again. Even the ones that are currently picked. I assume this is a glitch that will be addressed?

Thanks again for all the effort you continue to put into the game!

Sindaine

bug.jpg

I think counselors deactivating traps is ridiculous.  They have never seen Jason before.  All they know is a guy is trying to kill them.  Heck when I was a teenager I could not even change the oil in my car, but these guys can spot and disactivate traps.  Horrible.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hobgoblin238 said:

I think counselors deactivating traps is ridiculous.  They have never seen Jason before.  All they know is a guy is trying to kill them.  Heck when I was a teenager I could not even change the oil in my car, but these guys can spot and disactivate traps.  Horrible.

Disabling a bear trap is easier than putting in a battery or changing a fuse.  Bear traps have a simple pressure center in the middle.  Throw a rock or poke with a sturdy stick and the trap closes.  

I like the updates. I think you should give Tommy Jarvis 2 bullets instead of one though. I doubt Tommy would show up with just one bullet.

Did 2 matches to test Fox, ping was awful (first night of update, maybe that's why), but I notice 2 glitching (floating) jacket nails on Fox shoulder when she crouch... sometime I wonder if those updates are tested before launch... that's was hard to miss.
And on first match Jason kill count was 4/8 but he only kills 3 of the counselors.

Didn't had the chance to test new Jarvis, but droped items icons are a must !

And what with that region choice not mentioned in the patch notes ?

• Like 1

I love all the updates, my only gripe is not being able to see items in your hands while dancing. Honestly seeing someone swing around a battery like it was nothing was pretty hilarious. I miss the clothing texture glitch too, it was awesome to see what people came up with. Lastly I think there needs to be a stop action when using an emote. If you aim or move during the middle of an emote it would be nice if your character would snap out of it and use the command being applied.  

Fox's laugh when she's able to repair something is great hahahaha

When people disconnect mid-kill, does their body still just flop to the ground while Jason completes the animation or will the councelor still complete the animation even if they disconnected?

Question for Pro Jasons: Is there any purpose in placing multiple traps now? If not, how can Jason be alrted to an Objective that is being pushed? It seems like there is no way to protect them all if people have a single pocket knife.

• Like 1

10.25.2017 - Patch
Bug Noticed #2: Black Screen and nothing else after Cinematic Plays.
(I will be mentioning them here as well as reporting them)

This had been an issue previously too. The screen occasionally goes to black for everyone after the opening cinematic plays. This happened twice tonight in a private lobby, with the second time being with part IV Jason on Packanack small, if those details are relevant. -sigh-

Stop taking away power from Jason, put the grabs back to what they were, I just played a game as part 4 , and had to be really close to grab , also it now takes part four 3 hits. To knock the door down.

The only plus I noticed is that the part 4 shift has been improved.

• Like 3

Awesome patch, thank you so much!

p.s. so hard ti find pamela tapes....not TJ tapes...omg:)))

Thanks, but this is so wrong. Jason can’t properly grab counselors anymore. We can, literally, walk beside him and he can’t grab us. His grab wasn’t balanced before, but now? It’s horrible. 

This game is just getting too freakin’ easy for the counselors! Nerfing Jason’s trap? Really? What’s even the point of owning, like, 7 traps? Counselors can easily disarm it and run away. Seriously, this is so disappointing. You’re nerfing Jason too much. No one complained about the traps. Now, beside that, Counselors get to see where items now? Too easy. There is just NO FUN in that.

And, no, you don’t have to ‘just replace’ the trap that the counselors disarmed, because if you teleport to the wrong place (to the car, for example), it gives them enough time to fix the fuse box and call the police.

Jason is supposed to be hard to get by. What’s next? Not allow Jason to break the fuse box when someone is already making a call (which kind of happens since I try to hit a counselor when they are trying to fix something and it does NOTHING, my hits simply don't hurt them, nor stops them from doing what they are doing)? Not allow the car to be destroyed? Stop this, please. This is not a survival horror, it’s an adventure game apparently. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Adriana Afif said:

Thanks, but this is so wrong. Jason can’t properly grab counselors anymore. We can, literally, walk beside him and he can’t grab us. His grab wasn’t balanced before, but now? It’s horrible. 

This game is just getting too freakin’ easy for the counselors! Nerfing Jason’s trap replacement? Really? What’s even the point of owning, like, 7 traps? Counselors can easily disarm it and run away. Seriously, this is so disappointing. You’re nerfing Jason too much. No one complained about the traps. Now, beside that, Counselors get to see where items now? Too easy. There is just NO FUN in that.

And, no, you’re don’t have to ‘just replace’ the trap that the counselors disarmed, because if you teleport to the wrong place (to the car, for example), it gives them enough time to fix it and call the police.

Jason is supposed to be hard to get by. What’s next? Not allow Jason to break the fuse box when someone is already making a call? Not allow the car to be destroyed? Stop this, please. This is not a survival horror, it’s an adventure game apparently. 

Survival? LOL there is nothing TO survive anymore. They neutered Jason to placate the bitches who wanted an easy button. 

I backed this game on kickstarter and it WAS everything I wanted. Now? I want nothing to do with this piece of shit game. There is NO challenge to it at ALL anymore.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Counselors are now able to check their map to find the location of Repair Parts that have been dropped

By far the best change. This is an important one that I'm happy to see finally added. Good work. Also happy to see the scoreboard restored to Up as it should be. 

I won't be able to play for a couple days to try the patch myself, but sounds like there's a lot of good additions and fixes. I particularly like the updates to Jarvis. For now though, I will only offer some thoughts on changes I'm concerned about, and hopefully you guys can enlighten me a bit -

• Slightly reduced the maximum range of Jason’s Grab
  • Reduced the cone size of Jason’s Grab

How is this change working out for everyone? Any issues?

Also to Courier - did you guys playtest this with variable latency? If the range is significantly shorter, I imagine ping will be a more crucial factor whether or not a grab succeeds, and a potentially serious issue. I'm glad you said you'll be keeping a close eye on feedback and willing to adjust it if necessary though. Regarding the cone size, has inverting the cone itself been a consideration at all? 

Added a minimum required distance between Jason traps to prevent players from being able to multi-trap objectives and chain stun Counselors

This one is particularly concerning.

I don't support the trap stacking exploit, but I do hope I can still place multiple traps at an objective in an effective formation to block it off. There is nothing wrong with doing this, it's merely strategy. Placing only 1 trap is such a weak defense that it would cause balance issues if traps could not be placed in clusters, where the counselor is forced to disengage each one to gain access. As traps are a limited resource, we should be free to do as we wish with them.

Very interested to read how this change has worked out for people.

5 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

• Jason

• Added a minimum required distance between Jason traps to prevent players from being able to multi-trap objectives and chain stun Counselors

What this says really: "We have taken away the ability to play strategically in an effort to give an easy button to counselors."

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

What this says really: "We have taken away the ability to play strategically in an effort to give an easy button to counselors."

yeah after today this game is flipped upside its easy to be a counselor hard to be jason when it should other way around

• Like 2

The patch is great! Had 5 games tonight, 1 as Jason.

Kills:

My game, as part 4 Jason, got 6/8.

The other 4 Jasons got...

4/8

5/7

6/7

And...

2/8. But this last one had a newbie playing as part 7, so I'm surprised he got anyone.

Tommy is definitely a lot better. One player who came back as Tommy kept remarking how she had no idea that's what Tommy was for (staying behind and saving people), but she stayed and put up a fight.

• Like 1