2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You're an idiot. I didn't say the new grab was perfect. It needs work, mostly with width. It should never be longer again. Your argument's focus is "if you don't agree with me you're a pussy." Now promptly fuck off.

Tell that scum! You really need to be a moderator. Please Make Voorhees a moderator!

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You're an idiot. I didn't say the new grab was perfect. It needs work, mostly with width. It should never be longer again. Your argument's focus is "if you don't agree with me you're a pussy." Now promptly fuck off.

EDIT: Obviously I'm using hyperbole in regards to your argument.

Hey, still here, haven't fucked off yet and won't be anytime soon.  You still haven't provided a valid response to the many ways I've explained how you can beat multi trapping.  Since you are in favor of this patch and it taking that away since you see it as a change that had to be made.  OK, so you say the grab needs work, I agree it does.  However, it wouldn't need work if they didn't nerf it in the first place.  I gave you that it was too long at times, I gave you that because it was but it wasn't so bad it was game breaking.  As far as what my argument is focused on, I know you're exaggerating and what you're saying isn't intended to be taking literally (I know hyperbole means too).  However, just for clarification so you know where I stand.  Everything you said has been easy for me to debunk based on my experience playing this game.  From your morph/swim strategy, trap stacking and Jason's long grab I told you how my friends and I easily beat these things because they weren't a problem and didn't need to be fixed.  So it was never about personal attacks or anything like that it's just you're wrong and I've told you why based on my experiences with the game.  Also on a side note if you want to play the insult game you have to do better than idiot and telling me to fuck off, those are rookie level insults.  

I do not think the range is the problem, at least not anymore (if I look at it with a counselour's perspective).

But the pace and the movement Jason does when he is trying to grab are quite clumsy, and so is the width as well.

11 pages in and not one reply from any of the Admin I've written to about the "Minimum Trap Distance". I'm glad the developers of this game are so hard at work improving things for us. When you think about it, who needs server issues solved, glitches fixed, and single-player when Chad gets to run around dressed like fuckin' Goku?

• Like 2

The only thing I don't like is the change with traps. You should be able to use them how you want. It's not like it's hard to take them out with some first aid. Especially if they have medic or thick skinned. 

On 10/27/2017 at 10:21 PM, VenomSymbiote said:

Some Jasons are at a severe handicap without being able to place two traps at a time, like Jason 7, because of how garbage he is. People were pissy and moaned that they had to sacrifice their pocket knives in order to get rid of traps, so I wouldn't be surprised if they added something to negate traps even further. With how Gun/ill don't comment to people who give a shit about Jason being nigh unstoppable, the game will just keep getting counselor focused. In a Friday the 13th game. Where the focus should be goddamned Jason fucking Voorhees. It's not so much the trap change in of itself for me, though I do think it hinders the weaker Jasons more than the stronger ones. It's still giving those that care about the movies and Jason actually being a menacing force a middle finger while felating the people who want to escape more often than not.

Even after two patches and hotfixes Jason still can't completely and freely break windows, Jason 7s stats are still trash, his grab while needed tweaking also resulted in grabs that should go off not doing anything, counselors can't damage each other anymore which while needed also means people can freely swing weapons while he has people grabbed, a bunch of tweaks that just help out counselors over and over and over again. What's Jason got in all these updates? Some more environmental kills which is even less meaningful now that each Jason has to kill asap because if he dares to play with anyone the objectives are going to get done. Brilliant. 

Mikil: Don't expect anything to be reverted, and if it is expect it to be poorly done like the windows. They want the DbD audience, an audience who already has their game and won't switch no matter what. So if anything, expect more Jason nerfs. 

I agree with much of what you said here. It's a FRIDAY the 13TH Simulation.. a damn good one too. Why is Jason suddenly being turned into the victim? C'mon guys I know there's lots of bugs and tweaks to be fixed and I'm grateful for many of the excellent changes and additions but I feel the balance has shifted drastically towards the counselors and I don't think it was necessary.

I've been toying with Jason's now just to prove a point, I can juke them even when I'm at drained stamina and crippled. Made a guy miss 9 times in the last match and we discussed the embarrassment thru the mic afterwards. Most matches I play in now have counselors ganging up on Jason just to troll and chain stun him for points. That has destroyed the atmosphere of a game that gave me more anxiety than playing the NES game as a kid with the lights off. 

GRAB CONE:

I understand if the shift grab and cones were exaggerated in Jason's favor before but now it's in favor of the counselors. The cone needs to be significantly tweaked back in favor of our psychopathic protagonist. He's already outnumbered 7 to 1 and for months, players had figured out how to juke him and escape. Felt good escaping back then, felt like a hard earned feeling of satisfaction. Now it's an after thought. Apparently the vast majority from what I've experienced lately prefers to square up against Jason rather than fixing/repairing their ways into escape cuz they know he's been weakened.

TRAPS:

If chain stacking traps was removed, how bout we remove chain stunning Jason? Perhaps a window of invisibility or a temporary rage mode after he gets stunned by a melee weapon which would normally piss Jason off in the films. Seeing how he can't grab anyone that's point blank in front of him anymore, at least this will give him time to escape the circle jerk of trolling OP counselors.

POCKET KNIVES:

There's a good chance 5 out of the 7 counselors have a knife midway thru the match and I assure you they're not using them to disarm traps, especially now that you can't stack traps anymore. In real life, a counselor wouldn't be able to easily reach for their knife if Jason was really choking them to death and stab him precisely in the neck so how bout we make that a random occurrence not a safety crutch? There are way too many pocket knifes in the game as it is and now Tommy spawns with one. How bout we tweak that and perhaps make the pocket knifes only work 50% of the time once Jason is in RAGE MODE? That way the cocky counselors that like to stick around just to troll Jason might not feel so cocky anymore knowing that their knife only has a 50% chance of saving their asses.

JASON 7:

How about Buffing up Jason 7? I barely used him before despite him being my favorite Jason of all time from the films but his stats are garbage and now with the nerfs it's impossible to get any respectable kills in a match. He needs a Shift upgrade, Stun Resistance and/or extra throwing knives to compensate.

DOOR/WINDOW HIT BOX:

Please Fix the hit box on doors and windows that allows counselors to swing their bat from inside while Jason is breaking down the door leading to an unrealistic stun once again in favor of the counselors. 

• Like 1

you might as well give up they don't give a damn about jason they don't give a damn about us they only care about the kids that play this game hince all the bullshit dlc and counselor buffs these devs are the worst i have ever seen and it's sad to because i love the franchise and wanted this game to succeed ..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, camp_voorhees said:

you might as well give up they don't give a damn about jason they don't give a damn about us they only care about the kids that play this game hince all the bullshit dlc and counselor buffs these devs are the worst i have ever seen and it's sad to because i love the franchise and wanted this game to succeed ..

Sadly I'm starting to believe that's true but in their defense, it's what happens when you find success in almost any industry. They already got the hardcore fans attention from Day 1 and now they have to focus on the masses in order to continue profiting. So yeah, the kids, casual gamers and teh suck are getting all the attention now and we're watching our beloved OP Jason diminish into a punching bag. 

I know the devs have poured their souls into this game and are very passionate about it (after all they got Savini and Kane Hodder on board) but I'm sure they now have corporate investors breathing down their neck to cater more towards the kids where the real money is at. 

I'm still keeping hope alive that they will find the right balance in order to keep us fans happy while profiting from the game in the long run as well. 

2 minutes ago, StallonSilver said:

Sadly I'm starting to believe that's true but in their defense, it's what happens when you find success in almost any industry. They already got the hardcore fans attention from Day 1 and now they have to focus on the masses in order to continue profiting. So yeah, the kids, casual gamers and teh suck are getting all the attention now and we're watching our beloved OP Jason diminish into a punching bag. 

I know the devs have poured their souls into this game and are very passionate about it (after all they got Savini and Kane Hodder on board) but I'm sure they now have corporate investors breathing down their neck to cater more towards the kids where the real money is at. 

I'm still keeping hope alive that they will find the right balance in order to keep us fans happy while profiting from the game in the long run as well. 

but there an indie company not a triple a company and they where supposed to be hardcore fans i don't see how if there going against the die hard fans and making a mockery of jason

7 minutes ago, camp_voorhees said:

but there an indie company not a triple a company and they where supposed to be hardcore fans i don't see how if there going against the die hard fans and making a mockery of jason

I don't see why either considering they already sold over 2 million copies which is outstanding for an indie game of this nature. 

I use AJ all the time when I'm a counselor which means I'm usually alone fixing / repairing obstacles and keeping away from the gang in order to maintain my stealth until we're all ready to hop in the car or jet to the cops. Yet it's intersting how I've managed to juke and escape Jason all by myself ever since the nerf patch. I can't even fathom the circus I'd bring if I were to pick a Vanessa or one of the well rounded male melee counselors. 

It's great to escape but I like to earn it and feel my heart racing and anxiety making me scream like I felt before Jason was nerfed this bad.