SLAMxBRODIE

Stuck on the launcher

16 posts in this topic

Fellas, I have a question. It's something technical. I've been having trouble with this Friday the 13th game on Steam. When I clicked play, it only stays on the launcher. A week ago, I didn't have a problem with it. I think the update caused it? 

Probably already did but did you try to reinstall the game? If not give that a go your progress is stored server side so uninstalling will not impact your progress. If the issue still persists you may report the issue to www.jasonkillsbugs.com and include a dxdiag along with an much detail as possible. 

Hi,

Could you screenshot the error or what happens? Do you only see the launcher splash screen and it never disappearing? Which Windows version do you have?

Could you create a Process Monitor log and send it to us, by PM'ing to me? Here's quick instructions on how to do this: https://support.easyanticheat.net/kb/troubleshooting/procmon/?lr=en-us

This should allow us to find out what's happening and hopefully providing a fix to the issue asap.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, eac_knubbe said:

Hi,

Could you screenshot the error or what happens? Do you only see the launcher splash screen and it never disappearing? Which Windows version do you have?

Could you create a Process Monitor log and send it to us, by PM'ing to me? Here's quick instructions on how to do this: https://support.easyanticheat.net/kb/troubleshooting/procmon/?lr=en-us

This should allow us to find out what's happening and hopefully providing a fix to the issue asap.

Thanks!

And who are you exactly...?

5 hours ago, eac_knubbe said:

Hi,

Thanks!

knubbe.png

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Ah I got it. He's spamming for his website.

His name starts with eac

Get off our forums spambot!!!

He's legit. 

They didn't give us a heads up they were joining, but we've clarified. That is a legitimate employee for EAC. 

-Ben

4 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

He's legit. 

They didn't give us a heads up they were joining, but we've clarified. That is a legitimate employee for EAC. 

-Ben

@GunMedia_Ben, can you clarify, for those of us that don't know what that means?

6 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

He's legit. 

-Ben

Ok. You understand it looked like some kind of scam though right? Thank you for clarifying. I'm still not sure what the EAC has to do with F13 though...

But at least now I'm willing to click his link and find out.

2 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@GunMedia_Ben, can you clarify, for those of us that don't know what that means?

Easy Anti Cheat. They are the 3rd party anti-cheat software we use. You have to use it on Steam to be able to play. 

Just now, GunMedia_Ben said:

Easy Anti Cheat. They are the 3rd party anti-cheat software we use. You have to use it on Steam to be able to play. 

I see. Thank you for the clarification. Do they have any role on the console side?

I have the same problem please help, this happened after the update, my game gets stucked with the launcher picture of Jason part 2

BKoi42e.png

help please

Hi everyone,

Apologies for my initial post that was lacking the necessary context and credentials.

We're currently investigating the issue of the game splash screen getting stuck, not allowing entering the game. To get more information about what exactly is happening when the problem occurs, we'd greatly appreciate if anyone experiencing the issue could create and send us a Process Monitor log of launching the game from Steam. This should allow us to pinpoint the cause of the error and deliver an update fix immediately. To send the Process Monitor log, you can upload it to https://uploadfiles.io and then send me a link to the download via a Private Message.

Additionally, as a quick test, could you try starting the game from Steam, and then within ~20-30 seconds terminate the game process (SummerCamp.exe) in Task Manager. Do you get any error message pop-up after this?

Please feel free to contact me directly via Private Message and we can troubleshoot it quickly further that way as well.

Thanks!

Hi again,

We have identified this issue to be caused by an incompatibility between the anti-cheat and AMD Raptr software. We've released an anti-cheat update that fixes the issue by temporarily blocking AMD Raptr's in-game FPS overlay while we resolve the compatibility issue.

Could you see if you're now able to enter the game normally? Thanks!

1 person likes this

That makes sense, because I do have that AMD software. I'll let you know when that game runs smoothly.