Sign in to follow this  
FreakyFrank1

And peoples said that Part 4 looked too much like Part 3...

Now that part 4 as been out for awhile and peoples got to play or see the model,now tell me do you still think that he look too similarly to Part 3 ?

I on the other hand dont think so,his body build is not the same,the shape of his head and the shape of his mask is not the same,the green shirt is weared differently with the sleeves completely down and the shirt being completely buttoned wich hide the white shirt under it,actually the way he wear his green shirt look more similar to how Part 6 wear it,when you look at both models side by side in the Jason selection menu.

So...do you regret what you said or you still hold on to your original tought ?

• Like 1

I said they looked similar before...and nothing has changed.

Besides the misshapen ear and axe wound everything else is just small differences (black finger nails, fully buttoned shirt?, *spins figure in circle*)

But hey I like the pig splitter and since I use the retro skin for part 3 I can just use part 4 if I want the normal human hockey masked Jason. 

Always felt the "they look too similar" things were nonsense.

To put that in context....it would be a bit like saying if Part 8 Jason had worn green shirt and beige/grey trousers/pants that he shouldn't be in the game because he looks too similar to Part 6.

People constantly overlooked the variable Jason strengths/weaknesses difference too, and focused solely on the colour of clothing items worn. 

You could go and make a coffee and pick up control of your counselor after the match has already started, without knowing which Jason is in the match...as soon as Jason does show up - you can visually tell the difference between a Part 3 or Part 4 Jason chasing you.

Therein lies the appearance differentiation many doubted. 

• Like 1

Part 3 and 4 where never night and day differences, it's not like part 3 to part 9

However the differences are there non the less, and it's clearly evident. And part 4 is one of the best films in the franchise, and always scratched my head when Fans blew him off.

what irked me was a lot of people didn't want part 4 because he was I quote carbon copy. Which is ridiculous. He's not at all a carbon copy, just compare the 2 in the character select screen 

Some people even wanted part 4 just to be a reskin of part 3? Wtf. Like some people just don't want awesome new things and would settle for B grade rehash? I never understood their logic?

I think a lot of people assumed if they worked on part 4 then somehow we won't get Jason X?  I don't know?

• Like 1

Did people actually want Part 4 to be a reskin? I feel like I read people were worried that wa s going to be the problem. In the movies, there are big differences between 3 and 4. 

EOB3Wsd.jpg

E7ml1kK.jpg

There you can tell the differences in build and masks. 

P5G7gzH.jpg

tTuVtiv.jpg

The bottom image is Part 3. I said a long time ago I feel the part 4 model looks closer to this Jason than it does the above version. Skin complexion, head wound, etc. To me, all look more similar to this "Sloth" Jason. Then we can go on shirt color/style, etc. @tyrant666 had some of the best details about the differences between the two Jasons. So yeah, I think there are plenty of differences, but I feel the modeling was wrong. A lot of people gripe about Part 6's mask, which I get, but this is the Jason model that bothers me. 

I think Part 4 Jason is alright. I am more of a map controller so he isn't great for my play style. After using him more and taking advantage of morphing more, I was getting better with him. He is great for strong and vigilant attackers. I don't think he is bad by any means. I have had a couple wipes with him and I really enjoy his kills, especially when killing Tommy with how he killed Jason. Sweet, sweet revenge. 

Apart from black fingernails and an axe wound to the head, they look the same. In the movies.

In the game, they have made Part 4 look slimmer, and made his right ear stick out like Sloth from The Goonies. Facially under the mask Part 3 and 4 are very different, but 99% of the time Jason is masked.

@TheHansonGoons I find Part 4 model skin colour to be a bit more vivid, which isn't a problem if you ask me. The real problem is that his mouth is way too open and his right eye is not as "pulled out" of his face as it should.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

In the movies, there are big differences between 3 and 4. 

EOB3Wsd.jpg

E7ml1kK.jpg

There you can tell the differences in build and masks. 

P5G7gzH.jpg

tTuVtiv.jpg 

I never wanted part 4 as a reskin, I just wanted other, morr visually different ones first.

I just tilt my head at people trying to convince me that the differences are anything but minor.

Like Dragonball fans telling me how different Trunks last new form was because the hair spikes where "totally different ". But he looked the same, just with a blue aura.

17 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@TheHansonGoons I find Part 4 model skin colour to be a bit more vivid, which isn't a problem if you ask me. The real problem is that his mouth is way too open and his right eye is not as "pulled out" of his face as it should.

I can see what you mean. I feel the model doesn't capture the drowned, dead look Savini tried to capture in part 4 though. Savini designed original Jason, and Part 4. This is one reason why I feel Part 4 was important to me, it was him imagining how he grew up and what he should look like.

As for you issues, I agree and add in his goofy ear. Someone once said he looks "derpy". That is unfortunately a great description to me.

• Like 1

@TheHansonGoons Oh! And you're right about the Axe Mark in the game. But never cared about it since both ways are realistic to me. Part 3 is a "fresh blood" when Part 4 is a "dry" one.

Maybe you want the "dry blood" from Part 4 instead in the game. I can support that.

Edit: About the "goofy ear", he actually has it in the movie too.

Here:friday-29.png?w=600

And a extra picture from Part 4 Jason's bust:tgHGxUI.jpg

Edited by NoOneK9503
  • Like 1

@NoOneK9503 thanks for putting that just up. The in game model looks a lot like that. Yes, I was imagining the dry blood look at the end. That was one I found extremely haunting when younger. He really looked more like a zombie than a man. Always found it harrowing. I always thought the model had a really goofy eye and ear, but I guess the ear was semi accurate. Thanks for the evidence man!

38 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@TheHansonGoons Oh! And you're right about the Axe Mark in the game. But never cared about it since both ways are realistic to me. Part 3 is a "fresh blood" when Part 4 is a "dry" one.

Maybe you want the "dry blood" from Part 4 instead in the game. I can support that.

Edit: About the "goofy ear", he actually has it in the movie too.

Here:friday-29.png?w=600

And a extra picture from Part 4 Jason's bust:tgHGxUI.jpg

Thanks for posting that. 

I said many times before, part 4 Jason was hardly in the film, and when you finally see him, he's in the shadows. The film is very dark, and it's hard to see up close details like the eyes or ear, even though it's in the movie. 

• Like 1

He is in the intro. It creates false hype when you think you see P3's legs but then you see P4's wound. I cannot tell you how many times I thought that the broken selection system had decided to be nice to me and give me Jason but it turned out that I was wrong.