How come ppl like playing on Packanak every round?? Why aren't more hosts choosing the brand new map, Jarvis House!? I just don't get it...I get putting it on random is spontaneous. 

Ive learned the new map layout but still like exploring it & I like the fact that it's more difficult. I think Part 4 Jason has an advantage as he only needs to trap the phone fuse with 2 traps & save one for later. 

The boat propeller can spawn anywhere & its hard to find on Jarvis house. The car is even hard to get going as the parts a scattered all over that you don't need to trap the car actually. The keys are as hard as the boat prop to find!  

Have you noticed that players aren't choosing the new map? I know ppl would get tired if it was every round but I swear ppl love Packanak!

Maybe a lot of players are comfortable...with the earlier maps. Each day is different for me. I enjoy them all. 

I have found that there is a crowd of people turned off to the Jarvis house because of the fact that the key item spawning is a little off. They consider it "hard mode". I like the added difficulty, myself :) The Jarvis house is my new favorite map for sure. Especially when it rains.

• Like 6

I've had the opposite.  I've had people leave if I don't pick Jarvis.  If enough people chime in I will but I tend to just go random.

17 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

I have found that there is a crowd of people turned off to the Jarvis house because of the fact that the key item spawning is a little off. They consider it "hard mode". I like the added difficulty, myself :) The Jarvis house is my new favorite map for sure. Especially when it rains.

VqoJ_f-maxage-0.gif

I dont get the Packanack love either.As Jason is easy as hell,and to be fair as counselor, but i dont think ppl screaming on mics about packanack are thinking themselves to be Jason.I think they like to play counselor in Packanack,no idea why.I like the new map a lot but the houses have to allow more kills inside and the parts need to be re-arranged because right now they re a mess except from the fuse.

Huh? In my experience a lot of people want me to choose the Jarvis map if I'm host. If not that then most of them want to play small maps and it's usually packanack.

Because other than the 2 main houses, which I do think are great, the rest of the map just isn't as fun as the others. I saw people picking the map every time at first because it was new, but not so much anymore. I think it's a bit boring honestly, it's too sparse and most of the time you're just running around trying to find a part because of RNG problems.

Having rain helps the atmosphere, but it doesn't make Jarvis map a better choice than the others which simply provide more opportunities and interaction between players (including Jason). The extra immersion is only an illusion, after you've played the map enough times to reliably know where you're going, it's only a matter of patience. Low stamina counselors have a particularly subpar experience on this map too. 

If they make a small version of this map I think it would be much better.

• Like 2

Sorry but I like the fact the keys, prop, etc are not always spawning in certain locations and are harder to find sometimes. That’s great! I love the extra randomness of everything on it. Wish the other maps would employ it as well. Makes things more tense and frantic! :)

Jarvis is good, but it's a Jason friendly map- the phone is always south, and usually one of the transport options is. 

Then all the parts are spread through the map... but you'll find a prop and keys/battery in the same house, well away from either transport. I like it, but it is hard, and more so in random public lobbies.

Sometimes the fuse house is on the left side of the map. But it's indeed pretty rare there.

If they can balance out the spawn areas it would be more fun. Also as it is right now, there is little reason to search the Jarvis and vacation house. Most of the time they have nothing there to help you with objectives.

7 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Sorry but I like the fact the keys, prop, etc are not always spawning in certain locations and are harder to find sometimes. That’s great! I love the extra randomness of everything on it. Wish the other maps would employ it as well. Makes things more tense and frantic! :)

In theory, yes, in practice not really. The action on the map is mainly limited to the south east where the phone box is, as the fuse spawns there too, and sometimes the car as well. I generally find players are just going for the police call, and if that succeeds, everyone's just going for the exit in the north. It just takes too much time travelling with parts back and forth. As cool as the 2 houses are, there's also nothing really worthwhile in them either.

There are only 2 ways this map works as a counselor. 

1. Someone puts in the fuse and calls the cops.

2. Every single player in the room has a mic and is using it to coordinate escaping with the boat or car (if the car is a 2 seater, this only half works).

If neither of those scenarios play out it's a kill-fest for Jason.

I was in a lobby with someone who was complaining about the lack of content and why it took forever for the Jarvis map to be released, and then they told the host they didn't want to play Jarvis house and let's do packinack instead because their familiar with it. ?

its simple there bad players and the three original maps are really easy to get stuff going  and side note you're really terrible if you play small maps with full lobby 

One time I found the gas and battery at that lone house in the northwest area, but the cops had been called a minute before and of course the car was waaayyy across the map.  I said fuck that, I'll take my chances with the police.  I find the propeller way more on this map than I ever did on the other ones, too.

I like how on Packanack, cabins are close to each other so when I'm running Jason from cabin to cabin, I can at least make it to another cabin right after I run him through the cabin a bit.

With the Jarvis House, the houses are a bit farther away, sure there is that one area with three houses, but it will take some stamina to reach the next few houses if Jason is chasing you and he has broken all the doors down, along with the messed up Part Spawning location. I found both boat parts on the complete opposite side of the map almost frequently. 

50 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

its simple there bad players and the three original maps are really easy to get stuff going  and side note you're really terrible if you play small maps with full lobby 

Enjoying the experience of small maps has nothing to do with being bad at the game. That's an ignorant way of thinking. The small maps encourage and provide a lot more interaction between players which is a very good thing for a multiplayer experience. Also more interaction between Jason and counselors which results in more action in the matches. Among other reasons why I think the smaller maps are superior.

• Like 1

I never liked Packanack.

The Jarvis map is more fun, but it is tough as hell the way everything is so spread out. The items usually spawn on the opposite side of the map from where you need them. Sometimes the one car on the map is only a 2 seater.

9 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Enjoying the experience of small maps has nothing to do with being bad at the game. That's an ignorant way of thinking. The small maps encourage and provide a lot more interaction between players which is a very good thing for a multiplayer experience. Also more interaction between Jason and counselors which results in more action in the matches. Among other reasons why I think the smaller maps are superior.

say whatever you want the small maps are easy mode plain and simple 

2 hours ago, Archgamer said:

Sometimes the fuse house is on the left side of the map. But it's indeed pretty rare there.

If they can balance out the spawn areas it would be more fun. Also as it is right now, there is little reason to search the Jarvis and vacation house. Most of the time they have nothing there to help you with objectives.

I've found the battery and gas in either house numerous times on PS4. Battery is usually next to the tall dresser on the first floor of the Jarvis residence and the gas is in the basement of the guest house. 

Although, lately, I've been finding both gas cans next to each other quite often on this map, which I'm sure is a new glitch. 

The Jarvis Map was designed to be hard mode. When you think about it, people have been clamoring for the game to be harder since people were figuring out how to beat it pretty easily, so now having a map where the parts typically spawn AWAY from the objectives adds new challenge.

Some can argue that challenge doesn't equate to fun, but that's a matter of perspective. Either way, a considerable amount of people consider this map a hit instead of a miss, so I don't think the developers screwed up here at all.

• Like 3