Brimstone

Where is the Host Migration or Dedicated servers?

Back in June, I posted about the large issue of Lack of Host Migration or Dedicated servers.that was 4 months ago, and still....Nothing has happened. You have fixed SO much of the game, A game that is fine, A game that is well build and designed. With no confusion about "You're gunna die most of the time, but its still fun to try and live." But whats the point when you wait 10 mins to get in to a match, then the hose dies and rage quits SCREWING everyone else. This is the NUMBER ONE issue with the game for me, I don't speak for others. But I know others have the same issue with it. I play on PS4, well Played. I Quit and haven't played it since 1 month after launch. And the reasons above is why. I wait 10 to 15 mins to GET in to a match, then I get in to the match and 7 out of 10 the host leaves and I get nothing, I am level 7. I escaped 5 times, and it didn't count, I got to play Jason once, I killed the Host, They left and the game ended.

I am at the point where I want a Refund for my game. Its been 4 months and all's we get is "We're working on it." This, Is not exceptable for me. I bought a game and I cant even play it because of YOUR issues. IF this reflects on how you do things, How you design and how you set things up, I wont be buying games from your company anymore. Just like Hello Games did. I had such high hopes for this game. I dont understand what the Delay is in fixing this issue, You fixed so many other things, Why not this one? Heck, you have time to make new Skins for people, new Jason skins. But yet you cant fix the Host leaving issue? Shows where your priority's really are.

Now, I know there are those of you that will say "Good bye" or "No loss to the game" And you're right, Its not. But remember. People spent REAL money on this game to play and cause of this issue, its hard to play and not very fun. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Brimstone said:

This is one of those times that transparency would really help with everyone's frustrations. Even a word of "won't be until next year at least".  Something is better than nothing. 

Another part of me wants to say, hey, it takes a lot of time, money, and testing to change the type of servers for a massive game like this.

However, at this time, I think this is one of the issues killing the game for a lot of people. Not everyone uses private matches or mics. People quitting while being killed as Jason is already annoying, but hosts leaving or running into dashboarding and connection issues makes bad situations worse. Now people are thrown in games with a bunch of people wandering around and fixing nothing and still can't finish a great round because of host issues. 

Also, maybe use search function to look for old posts and bring them back up. The right people are always reading through here.

Dedicated servers were announced, and were projected to potentially take until we were into October, before we saw them. 

We are into October. Can you wait a little longer? The people who work on the skins are not the same people who work in server changes. They aren't ignoring the problem, and they aren't late on the protection, yet.

3 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Dedicated servers were announced, and were projected to potentially take until we were into October, before we saw them. 

We are into October. Can you wait a little longer? The people who work on the skins are not the same people who work in server changes. They aren't ignoring the problem, and they aren't late on the protection, yet.

The issue is, This is something that should have been taken care of at launch or a couple months after, not 6 or 7. This is a large, very fundamental issue. It prevents you from playing and having fun, the very POINT of the game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brimstone said:

The issue is, This is something that should have been taken care of at launch or a couple months after, not 6 or 7. This is a large, very fundamental issue. It prevents you from playing and having fun, the very POINT of the game.

The servers are a cure for a sickness. The sickness is not that the game didn't have them, but that the player-base is infested with selfish people who do not value social gameplay or respect that their actions ruin the experience for others. 

Perhaps the developers were naive in not anticipating this, but in it's purest form, the game was designed to be a 20-minute experience for everyone, even those that died early in the match, with the added danger that in game actions could harm fellow counselors by unexpectedly team-killing while attacking Jason, or having to fight off a desperate fear-consumed teammate for the last spot on a boat. What they've discovered is that there were enough players who did not care what the intent was, and decided to ruin the fun for others whenever they saw an opportunity.

We didn't have servers, because the team didn't anticipate we'd need them. I wouldn't have either. 

• Like 1

At this point I would just assume them to randomly drop the server upgrade without telling anyone. It will be one of those threads you see saying “we just got couple gig update.”

that has been the reoccurring theme from this company regarding all the content. Although we are grateful they dropped the new Jason & map early I’m sure they did it because of different reasons that compelled them to.

Just don’t count on the dedicated servers fixing all your problems. Rage quitting will still be an issue. It will not solve host mirgration at all. Toxicity of the community of players will still remain. Nothing you can do to change that.

By the way @Brimstone, I like your avatar. My parents wouldn't let me watch the show when I was a kid because of the idiotic panic headlines that D&D players were killing people in real life.

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

The servers are a cure for a sickness. The sickness is not that the game didn't have them, but that the player-base is infested with selfish people who do not value social gameplay or respect that their actions ruin the experience for others. 

Perhaps the developers were naive in not anticipating this, but in it's purest form, the game was designed to be a 20-minute experience for everyone, even those that died early in the match, with the added danger that in game actions could harm fellow counselors by unexpectedly team-killing while attacking Jason, or having to fight off a desperate fear-consumed teammate for the last spot on a boat. What they've discovered is that there were enough players who did not care what the intent was, and decided to ruin the fun for others whenever they saw an opportunity.

We didn't have servers, because the team didn't anticipate we'd need them. I wouldn't have either. 

How is this a suprise in ANY Game, Especially where people can kill one anther? CoD, The Division. Players will always be Jackwangs first. They will always be selfish, Self entitled and they will always run off and over shadow the people that are there just go have fun. Devs should KNOW this by now.  And thanks for the Avatar Comment! I <3 D&D.

The servers should have been a big observation item for sure. Definitely should have been a core item to fix before launch, not several months after. I mean, you don't want to end up like Pokemon Go, after all. 

I just got the game recently and have been playing this weekend. And I'll say out of about 10 games, I've finished 3 between the host leaving, or connection lost. At this rate getting 1000 games (as ridiculous as it was for a trophy already) is completely impossible. 

The one time I finally got to be Jason, and I was booted right away because the host left. 

You need some penalty for leaving. Like a 10 minute block on games as a penalty for leaving mid match. 

Dedicated servers will be coming online. As explained in the thread at the bottom there is a lot that goes into dedicated servers for consoles it's not just a here it is and good to go. There are security audits that must be done and approved. It's the cost of gaming on a secure platform.

The game is playable, to say it's getting better but you have not played since launch is contradictory to your claim of its getting better. To say you have not played since launch says that you have not played at all. Lobbies are leagues better as well as matchmaking. Dedicated servers are coming and since you haven't played since June according to the info you provided then it's shouldnt be as tedious to wait a little longer. I can see you are frustrated which is understood but that is not going to speed up the processes that have to be adhered to. Also skins and emotes are fun so why not? I can promise you that the guys working on emotes and skins don't know anything about servers ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LordAngrod said:

They should add a penalty where if you leave mid match Boom 10 game streak of no Jason. 

I don't think that would solve much, considering that is one of the reasons why hosts quit (they don't want to play as Jason).

10 hours ago, LordAngrod said:

They should add a penalty where if you leave mid match Boom 10 game streak of no Jason. 

That'd probably be better than my current average.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

I don't think that would solve much, considering that is one of the reasons why hosts quit (they don't want to play as Jason).

I seldom see that happen but if a host quits because they're Jason at the beginning of a match big deal really at least you aren't out much time. It pisses me off to no end to play as Jason and have been in a match for 10 or 12 minutes and have about 2 counselors left to kill and kill the host and have them quit. Seems like the developers could have a small group of people who just play the game kinda as hidden admins that could watch for this kinda thing and cheaters helping Jason and whatever else and immediately implement temporary bans. It wouldn't take but a few of these admins playing on any given night and after a few people get banned for a day the word would spread quickly. I think most players would try to play right because they'd never know if one of these admins was in a match with them or not.  Also when I bought this game on steam and PlayStation I think I remember having to put my birth date in because it said must be over 18. A lot of the problems I see happening will be from a kid that you can tell by their voice is no more than 10 or 12 years old, I even heard one say one night he was in the 6th grade. Maybe some admins could catch some of these too. 

I've been in 4 matches today which have taken about 30 minutes and not a single one has been completed due to the host dying and leaving and one where 5 people escaped including me and Jason was the host and left. This is just pathetic.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2017 at 6:45 AM, GideonShandy said:

I don't know, I feel it's opposite. I only want to be Jason, as I find the counselors very boring. But after several dozens of games I finally get a chance to be Jason, and bam pow. Host quits. My rage makes Hulk seem like hes on a relaxing vacation. 

On 10/21/2017 at 8:08 PM, JPops said:

Dedicated servers will be coming online. As explained in the thread at the bottom there is a lot that goes into dedicated servers for consoles it's not just a here it is and good to go. There are security audits that must be done and approved. It's the cost of gaming on a secure platform.

The game is playable, to say it's getting better but you have not played since launch is contradictory to your claim of its getting better. To say you have not played since launch says that you have not played at all. Lobbies are leagues better as well as matchmaking. Dedicated servers are coming and since you haven't played since June according to the info you provided then it's shouldnt be as tedious to wait a little longer. I can see you are frustrated which is understood but that is not going to speed up the processes that have to be adhered to. Also skins and emotes are fun so why not? I can promise you that the guys working on emotes and skins don't know anything about servers ;)

Matchmaking is shit! It's pretty funny you would defend that the game don't have a problem still. I can host and people never join, It's the servers not my 90MB connection!!! Also....This should be the first priority because it's making a lot of players stop playing the game. I appreciate the free DLC but CMON MAN :/ 

• Like 1

Well I am sorry you are experiencing such issues. It's been working pretty well for me consistently and like I said these things take time. You can make whatever you want priority but the 3rd parties responsible for approvals aren't really concerned if the host is quitting, they care about the security of the severs that will be assessing their platforms and are not rushing it for no one. You publish on consoles, you play by their rules and on their time lines. Just how it is even though that may not be what you would like to hear. 

10 hours ago, JPops said:

Well I am sorry you are experiencing such issues. It's been working pretty well for me consistently and like I said these things take time. You can make whatever you want priority but the 3rd parties responsible for approvals aren't really concerned if the host is quitting, they care about the security of the severs that will be assessing their platforms and are not rushing it for no one. You publish on consoles, you play by their rules and on their time lines. Just how it is even though that may not be what you would like to hear. 

J you guys can't keep blaming sony, Downtime is expected...I understand.But servers should be the priority to keep people playing your game. I love f13 and i'm not here to give you a hard time. These comments are my opinions that's all lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KillAProduction said:

J you guys can't keep blaming sony, Downtime is expected...I understand.But servers should be the priority to keep people playing your game. I love f13 and i'm not here to give you a hard time. These comments are my opinions that's all lol

I know they are your opinions, I am just providing the reasoning. This isn't a Sony issue it's a console issue. Extensive security audits have to be conducted and reviewed before Microsoft or Sony will approve their use. It's not as simple as just putting them live.  That's the only point I was trying to make. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LordAngrod said:

I don't know, I feel it's opposite. I only want to be Jason, as I find the counselors very boring. But after several dozens of games I finally get a chance to be Jason, and bam pow. Host quits. My rage makes Hulk seem like hes on a relaxing vacation. 

This, but not for the reasons he states.  When, in a game, if you assigned as Jason from 1/8 to 1/10 times on mathematical average - if one side is either 1) boring or 2) seen as being hopeless - You will naturally see players take out their frustrations with the means they have.

I absolutely abhor the process of on a console leaving and screwing everyone else over.  BUT - when it happens over and over, and more often per anecdotal comments made by people here (the poster above saying not a single match completed) that is a sign the player base is fed up with the counselor side of the game and lashing out at what the perceive as unbalanced/unfair play.  Whether it is or isn't is moot.  What people perceive is what they act on.  I hope they fix the host leaving game stops issue.  I really do.  It is a horrendous thing to do to other players.  They will never fully fix the exit in match to stop a Jason kill.  They can fix the leave during a grab kill but they can never tell why someone leaves and when they fix the Jason getting points for grab-leave, players will leave when they're cornered instead if the still feel the side they play NINETY percent of the time is unfairly balanced against their opposition and/or they feel they have no chance to win.  

The Jason side of the game is working fairly well.  Sure I don't like being hit through a window when I can't do the same but petty and minor.  I can still get them other ways.  When people playing counselors feel hopeless or bored (remember what they are assigned NINETY percent of the time) you have a balance issue and fixing Jason points does nothing to alleviate. 

• Like 1

As consulers, The odds are stacked against you. You Die, Its going to happen more time than not. The issue is you cant even finish a match, Or at least I haven't been able to.Like I said above, 7 out of 10 matches and a 10 to 15 min wait to ge tin to one. I Quit playing because of it. I also feel that this is something that should have been taken care of at Launch, Not still waiting to be fixed 6 months after Launch. Dedicated servers or not, This is kinda gross over sight. I mean, you have a good game. But how did something THIS big Fall through the cracks? The point of the game is to play, But this is so big that it makes it darn bear unplayable. Its not a Glitch that can be worked around, Like People clipping through walls, Or going on Roofs. Those are Minor Annoyances compared to a game just ending because one player leaves that is hosting the whole thing. And yeah, Veting things for console will take longer. Sony and Microsoft want to make sure things run smoothly. But again, This should have been done BEFORE launch. Not still waiting 6 months later.

Since I was asked NOT To post a second thread. I figured I should post here. There is another patch coming out, and There is No dedicated servers, No Single  player mode that was Promised by the devs. This is getting to the point where I am feeling ripped of, My  purchases off of what they say is coming. This game held a lot of promise, and it has gone down hill. Poor match making, NO Host migration or dedicated servers, no Single player mode. I will be going to Sony to get a FULL REFUND Of this game. And I will not buy another game from the Devs. They make Promises and don't follow though. Its been 7 months since launch. Based on the track record. The Dedicated servers aren't coming,  Just like the single player mode.

3 minutes ago, Brimstone said:

Since I was asked NOT To post a second thread. I figured I should post here. There is another patch coming out, and There is No dedicated servers, No Single  player mode that was Promised by the devs. This is getting to the point where I am feeling ripped of, My  purchases off of what they say is coming. This game held a lot of promise, and it has gone down hill. Poor match making, NO Host migration or dedicated servers, no Single player mode. I will be going to Sony to get a FULL REFUND Of this game. And I will not buy another game from the Devs. They make Promises and don't follow though. Its been 7 months since launch. Based on the track record. The Dedicated servers aren't coming,  Just like the single player mode.

Sony/Playstation doesn't do refunds. If you bought a physical copy you can likely get a refund from the store you bought it from.

Where'd you hear about a new patch? 

On 11/2/2017 at 1:43 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

Here's an official one: 

0p9GQ2c.jpg

Please see quoted roadmap. Single player modes will be rolled out as they become ready for release and some of those components are next on the roadmap. Dedicated servers are in fact coming in the near future. While I can understand frustration with host quitting since we are all in the same boat. The servers will become live as soon as proper approvals can be obtained and allow use of them for consoles. Unfortunately that takes time and is a lengthy process but they are coming in the near future.