nazzac

Trends you have noticed in the game

1 minute ago, D00las said:

That's what I do as well. Then they, more than often, expect me to continue defending them when they proceed to troll Jason at the exit. >.>

I leave them behind if they decide to stay.

I do also. We are such n00bs.

Crouching in corners.  I'm noticing a lot of people doing that while spectating.  Crouching until they hear Jason's music or he breaks down the door.  But a lot of times they have pocket knives, because if they wait until Jason discovers them, he's already on top of them and it's too late to run.

One thing that would sell well is the the new emotes pack:

- Tea bagging

- Mooning thru the car window

- Showing the finger

- Running around screaming

- Making out with closest counselor

75% of the people are just running around doing nothing to escape. They think they will survive 20 mins? They can run past the gas ignoring it. Replacing their car keys with a med spray with the car almost repaired.

43 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

One thing that would sell well is the the new emotes pack:

- Tea bagging

- Mooning thru the car window

- Showing the finger

- Running around screaming

- Making out with closest counselor

75% of the people are just running around doing nothing to escape. They think they will survive 20 mins? They can run past the gas ignoring it. Replacing their car keys with a med spray with the car almost repaired.

Yeah, they definitely need the middle finger emote.  So you can show those part-hoarding do-nothing trolls how you think they're #1.

There’s definitely a new trend of not calling Tommy. I had to do it myself in four different matches where the cabin with the radio had been looted but the radio hadn’t been used.

Maybe it’s new players who don’t know about the radio.

And leaving cabin doors open seems to be a new trend too.

The trend I'm noticing is all of these trends are dirt bag troll moves. Kind of ridiculous. 

Teabagging, hoarding keys, waiting at the exit for no reason other than being a douche, this game is 80 percent turds. 

I'm glad for this forum and private matches or I probably would have abandoned the game months ago.

43 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

The trend I'm noticing is all of these trends are dirt bag troll moves. Kind of ridiculous. 

Teabagging, hoarding keys, waiting at the exit for no reason other than being a douche, this game is 80 percent turds. 

I'm glad for this forum and private matches or I probably would have abandoned the game months ago.

I have to admit if I'm playing quick play and have a weapon and pocket knife I tend to wait near the exit now. Foremostly, I try to help other counselors escape, and a stun on Jason and a pocket knife escape is more XP for those of us wanting to climb the XP ladder. Will add that I noticed more people grinding out the XP with this method during double XP weekend. Even though Double XP is finished, it's possible that old habits die hard.

There's also the risk factor that he may hack and slash me to death. That's happened to me a few times and it's fair game - it's what makes taking the chance/risk a fun and tense gamble.

Just bumping this because i have recently noticed some things

- Jasons are not trapping objectives. I keep walking up to the fuse or the car and there are no traps that have been placed.

- People are trying to kill Jason almost every game now

- On that note. Lobbies are full of non-repair characters

- Most people are using running Jasons at the moment

@nazzac

This has been going on since the latest patch. I love to play with my friends, but indeed I still place traps and running Jason's are great because they can wear out stamina and increase your fear. I as a counselor on the other hand, kill Jason whenever i get the chance.

On 10/22/2017 at 1:36 PM, Jason4prez said:

Part 3 usually slashes because he is the level one Jason some people don't know how to grab at that point but that is just my guess 

Anecdotally, Part 2 has some of the worst hit detection for weapon swings.
Part 3 is ideal for anyone that hasn't hit Level 44 (for Part 4) due to the ability to run, as well as much better hit detection on weapon swings.  Part 6 isn't bad either for slashing, but the speed trade off isn't worth it, imo.

I'm noticing Tommy not getting called more often as well. I think a lot of players are keyed into the fact that calling him more often than not results in troll-enabling and longer wait times after you've escaped/died, as some ass-clown Tommy refuses to leave with the cops and annoys Jason as much as possible. Gets old.

People on mic being all like "I'm MVP! I put the fuse in! I called the cops! I fixed the car! I found everything!" When you know Jason was having a 1v1 chase session with YOU 15 minutes into the match. They never acknowledge the fact you've been keeping Jason busy while they've been looting peacefully the entire match.

On 10/21/2017 at 8:52 AM, nazzac said:

Hi guys.

I am willing to guess most people on this forum have played the game for a few months now, so you will have noticed certain trends you see when you play online. What have you noticed certain Jasons or counselors do during a match? Or what things are people doing in general that you have noticed during your time playing the game?

I have noticed the following in my games

- Part 3 Jasons tend to be slashers. I have rarely seen any other Jason slash

- The majority of players who drive off in the four seater or two seater alone even though you are stood right next to the car are playing as AJ

-  I am beginning to see a lot of players not calling Tommy. When i die early and spectating, i notice a lot of people walk past the radio without calling him

-  Players with pocket knives are now daring Jason to grab them and taking risks (Which is dumb. Because you are wasting a pocket knife when you don't need to. I am noticing this more and more recently)

- I am noticing counselors going for the car more than the fuse. Before as Jason i rarely had to worry about the car because everyone maned the fuse, but now the cops are rarely called and the car is started a lot.

- Speaking of the car. It gets started most on Higgins Haven more than any other map in my games and rarely on Crystal Lake

- The cops get called the most at Pakanack Lodge

That's from my experience. Yours might be completely the opposite, but feel free to share things you notice often when playing

I have noticed a lot more Jason’s using pocket knives more often and very effectively.

I got this game back not long after the physical release, since then and now, basically Christmas Noob season I have noticed...

Immature little punks in basically every session.  Bragging about how good they are, bragging about how they will kill the lobby, dropping F bombs like candy on Halloween, yelling the entire match, telling whoever had the audacity to pick up the keys so it wasn't them to hand the keys over because they're the greatest driver ever.

People who do not lock cabin doors, or even close them for that matter, is becoming the new norm. 

People who don't loot an entire cabin.

People who can't be bothered to even pick up the battery, gas or propeller let alone attempt to courier it closer to the objective.

Tommy's who hit R2 instead of X during the attempt to kill Jason.

Tommy's who will straight up hide under a bed until they get seek and destroyed.

Jason's who go 0 for 8 and then quit after the match is over, if they stick around. 

Jason's who won't even leave the shack.  Had a couple matches going to get the sweater and Jason was just standing in front of it when I got there, in the same place you spawn in.

Playing on Packanack, as an example, people taking the battery/gas/keys/fuse to an upstairs bedroom in the main lodge...locking the door...jumping out the window.  The kitchen at the lodge also collects items like that.

These are all things I did not notice prior to Christmas time.  Sure, they'd happen once in a while, but all have turned into a pretty frequent occurrence.

I’ve noticed a horrible trend of full lobbies completely empty by the end of the game because nearly everyone left after getting killed. It’s the norm now and it’s pathetic. As the host, I’m sitting there after every game waiting 5 minutes for the lobby to fill back up again... sometimes only to see the same people that left pop back in. Utter trash.

What’s most disappointing is seeing veteran high-level people tucking tail and leaving if they don’t survive because their egos get hurt. Then my lobby fills up with low level nobodies who leave all the same so I guess it doesn’t matter anymore because people leave left and right for bratty reasons. If you died because you kinda suck and Jason spawned on you, ok leave no big deal. But to leave with less than half the match left or after you die and you were the last counselor... that’s bratty behaviour. Sns. Too many brats

On 10/21/2017 at 9:49 AM, D00las said:

- You also play wrong if you don't rage quit during a grab kill. 

I have to confess, sometimes I rage quit while being grabbed... but ONLY when I am convinced that cheating/teaming was involved. What can I say?  I just won’t tolerate it. 

2 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

What’s most disappointing is seeing veteran high-level people tucking tail and leaving if they don’t survive because their egos get hurt. 

This! 

What's I find even more disappointing is when the Jason is very skilled and they are going for a perfect 8/8 but instead one counselor manages to survive so they end up quitting the game.

This happens to me so many times, earliest example was yesterday in the after noon when I had to basically hide in the bathroom at packanack lodge and play hide and seek with Jason because everyone else died and I only had 2 minutes left.

Like come on, seriously?

Sorry if I want to stay alive?

• Like 1