Trident77

Poll on Jason's Non-Environmental Executions

Should Jason be allowed to use the same non-environmental grab kill more than once?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jason be allowed to use the same non-environmental grab kill more than once?

• Yes
    • No

To explain the title better, there are two types of grab kills you can do as Jason: Environmental (you have to walk up near a buttom prompt area while strangling a counselor) and Non-Environmental (just need enough space for certain types; can be used anywhere otherwise).

The two most notorious grab kills in the game are Choke as well as Head Punch. These can be done almost everywhere, and they are popular because of their quickness as well as not needing a great deal of space in order to use. As a result, many Jason players who want to be efficient use these two almost exclusively which has drawn backlash.

An idea I had would be that all the non-environmental executions can only be used once in a match. This would mean you can still use fast executions if you wanted, but it also would be limited; you'd have to make careful decisions when you grab someone.

Pros

• Grip Strength becomes a more relevant strength/weakness, especially once you run out of non-environmental kills to use.
  • Makes matches more interesting by forcing Jason to vary up his choices.
  • Most of the Jasons players unlock early do not have grip strength as a weakness, making it easier for beginners to use environmental kills.
  • Composure/Strength becomes more useful as time goes on if Jason runs out of non-environmental kills to use; counselors stand a better chance of breaking free, especially if Jason has a weakness in grip strength.

Cons

• Players will need to invest in non-environmental kills early on, otherwise they will be forced to use environmental kills since they only start off with Choke (which could get tricky if you aren't near any once you grabbbed a counselor).
  • Grip strength may have to be adjusted, which could take some time for the developers to do.
  • If you have a particular non-environmental kill you enjoy/prefer, you only get to use it once in a match.

To me, the pros outweight the cons. I'm not against players using particular executions because of their efficiency, but it does get kinda boring watching the same executions repeatedly, and this would be a great buff for counselors with high composure (making this stat more relevant than it is now).

• Like 1

We only get to chose 4 kills. There are 8 counselors. Fuck that.

• Like 3

Just now, Truth said:

We only get to chose 4 kills. There are 8 counselors. Fuck that.

Technically there are seven if the counselors don't call Tommy Jarvis. Also you have a weapon, environmental kills spots are plenty (and more could be added by the developers), the knives could stop people so you can hack 'n slash em to death, etc.

With the abundance of pocket knives and vanessas, they are a pain to catch to begin with, and you want to limit my ways of offing them? No thank you.  And just so you know, my go to isn't head punch or choke, i don't even have choke equipped to any of my jasons, my go to eye gouge, i don't like people staring at me..

• Like 1

I'm all for people using a variety of kills. I hate when someone just head punches. I try not to use the same kill twice. But when there are 4 people at the car trying to restart it and stun me, some heads are coming off.

• Like 4

It's fine how it is in my opinion. 

Before you had 3-5 people dropping to avoid giving Jason a kill EVERY SINGLE MATCH, you almost never saw someone using ALL chokes and head punches. I still take pride in mixing up my kills and giving everyone something entertaining to watch, and I think a lot of other Jason's do as well.

I don't agree with forcing it on anyone though. I don't blame them, honestly. If I am certain someone's going to drop like a little bitch, I'll toss them out a window.

I’m gonna come and crash this party so sorry about that. 

If he’s restricted to his four grab kills being only used once in a match that means all you have to do is get a lobby full of Buggzys or Adams or Jennys  that can break free easy from his grip and you never have to worry about getting killed if you stay far away from environmental kill locations like the main road, thus resorting to having to use slashing melee to kill them and then they’ll complain you’re a slasher. 

2 minutes ago, Abstract Daddy said:

I’m gonna come and crash this party so sorry about that. 

If he’s restricted to his four grab kills being only used once in a match that means all you have to do is get a lobby full of Buggzys or Adams or Jennys  that can break free easy from his grip and you never have to worry about getting killed if you stay far away from environmental kill locations like the main road, thus resorting to having to use slashing melee to kill them and then they’ll complain you’re a slasher. 

So are you for the idea, or against it....?

Just now, Truth said:

So are you for the idea, or against it....?

I’m against restricting Jason to using his grab kills once. It’s fine the way it is now, even if Head Punch spammers are boring to watch. 

I know quick kills are "boring" but they definitely have their time and place. Like Truth said if a bunch of people are all together, I'm gonna spam head punch. I try to vary up the kills but the longer kills also give rage quitters more time to bail during the animation. If I chase some Vanessa around for five minutes after getting stabbed with three pocket knives you can bet I'm not gonna risk her weaseling her way out again.

I honestly dont get why people get mad about choke and headpunch.And i dont understand why they should be removed,limited or changed.They re in the game for reasons that i wrongfully thought were very,very obvious.I ll just link this other thread with the same topic.I genuinely feel kinda sad that this topic needs to even be discussed.

• Like 1

Normally if i head punch its because i'm in a condensed area, or i start spamming a button to snap off a quick kill because others are around

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

I know quick kills are "boring" but they definitely have their time and place. Like Truth said if a bunch of people are all together, I'm gonna spam head punch. I try to vary up the kills but the longer kills also give rage quitters more time to bail during the animation. If I chase some Vanessa around for five minutes after getting stabbed with three pocket knives you can bet I'm not gonna risk her weaseling her way out again.

That's not the easiest way to kill a group of counselors. Instead of wasting time of grabs just to get stunned by another counselor, use his weapon! It can hit multiple counselors plus it's faster. So, use Part 3 or 4 against groups!

• Like 1

I'd prefer a cool down, or at least some sort of tactical or strategic element to the kills. Right now they all feel like flavor. Granted, not all of them will pop up at the same time, so I guess there is that, but I'm not sure if selection plays into that as much as how madly the counselor is spamming the A Button.

Or maybe the longer a kill takes to execute, the more XP as Jason you get. Something.

• Like 1

As someone who used to run head punch, body slam, asphyxiation, and curb stomp (4 of the 5 fastest kills in game)- I am completely against a cooldown or a one time limit.  Besides, like @Truth said, there are 7/8 counselors and we only get 4 kills.  

OP is correct in stating there is now backlash for using head punch and asphyxiation.  That combined with a lot of players using them, has caused me to remove them all together.  I now opt to use 3 of each Jason's signature kills, and 1 long kill I find entertaining.  I don't strive for 8/8 any more.  I'm content if I am able to pull off some rare environmental kills (folding chair) or the signature ones.   

I don't like being head punched when a fellow counselor is mid swing trying to save me, but it is what it is.  Leave everything alone.  Like I mentioned above I ran 4 quick kills, so if 1 gets handicapped after use, then there are 3 more available.  So four people are still going to die quickly trying to start the car, and that defeats the purpose of trying to nerf non-environmental kills.

• Like 1

They simply need to increase the length of the animation for a couple of kills and it would be fine. Head Punch in particular actually lasted a bit longer in the movie. :)

Jason took the time to grab the guy's shirt collar, gets a solid grip, and then hauled off with the haymaker punch.

I only use the stock kills that come with each Jason, along with the longer two handed choke kill for Jason among the other longer ones.

For many reasons.

1. I don't take playing Jason very seriously

2. I like to see other kills for once

3. Its actually more insult to injury to use those longer kills AND still wipe counselors out...makes counselors even more salty since they expect choke/punch

I do think the most sensible idea if you really wanted to make Jason change things up is just prevent him from using the same kill 4 times in a row and in the same order. Kinda simple

Example

- 1st kill is the short shoke = second kill can't be short choke

- 2nd kill is the decap = third kill can't be the decap

- 3rd is the bodyslam = 4th kill can't be body slam

-4th kill is the back breaker = 5th kill can't be the back breaker

What it ends up being is the Jason can't use the same combination of kills multiple times in a row. That might be too complicated to code though.

Adding in longer times to the animations might be simplest.

Decap - Show what he did in Part 8...grabs the neck or shirt, winds up and punches

One handed choke - Change it to a two handed choke, but not as long as the standard two handed choke where Jason stomps on the face. Just make it like the Part 8 kill where he kills whats her face in the disco room. He puts both hands around the person's neck, chokes and chokes and then tosses their body away like trash like he did in that film.

• Like 2

I personally like to mix up my kills and don't like using the same kill twice. With that said, I am not going to impose my play style on someone else, and I have to problem with people using the same kill over and over. I am trying to avoid getting killed anyway.

If you want Jason to do different kills on each player, just start a private match with your friends and set the rules.  

• Like 1

I honestly don't understand why quick kills like Choke and Head Punch still bother people so much. Or why the same kill performed repeatedly still bothers people. Are we not past the point where everyone needs to be entertained by the grab kill? Have you guys not seen them all a hundred times already? 

If I get killed, I'm not thinking "he used Choke, this sucks!". I'm thinking "crap, I messed up" or "what could've I done better?". That or cursing a team mate who ran off instead of saving me. I would've thought gameplay would be the focus for everyone now, and I'm surprised why the animation for dying is so important for some people.

Mostly I think it's just players feeling salty about dying and they'll blame just about anything. They want the grab range nerfed, they want more delay for grab after Shift, they want more delay before grab kills can be activated, want the kills to last longer so they have more time when someone's getting killed, and on and on it goes. Stop thinking that these things are so responsible for whatever boredom or frustration you're facing with the game. Slashing has just as much of a bad rep which means people are going to complain about anything Jason does.

I use quick kills (including environmental) when I know I won't have any other option to activate in time. I've got a sense for it now. Often I've either got a mob to deal with, an objective to protect, or I'm in a tight space where the player is likely to escape before I have other grab kills available. I've seen all the kills countless times and it really doesn't matter to me so much, it's far more important how I get to them. Longer kills are more satisfying but I'm not going to use one if I know it's compromising my gameplay. If someone cares that much about it then seems the game itself is not interesting enough for them.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I honestly don't understand why quick kills like Choke and Head Punch still bother people so much. Or why the same kill performed repeatedly still bothers people. Are we not past the point where everyone needs to be entertained by the grab kill? Have you guys not seen them all a hundred times already? 

If I get killed, I'm not thinking "he used Choke, this sucks!". I'm thinking "crap, I messed up" or "what could've I done better?". That or cursing a team mate who ran off instead of saving me. I would've thought gameplay would be the focus for everyone now, and I'm surprised why the animation for dying is so important for some people.

Because some of them never gets old (Fireaxe Throw). What I want before getting officially out of the match is a good kill animation. And the quick kills (Head Punch -_-) are boring to watch because they get old fast.

I don't mind one time or another, but all the time? With all the counselors??? Argh!

32 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Because some of them never gets old (Fireaxe Throw). What I want before getting officially out of the match is a good kill animation. And the quick kills (Head Punch -_-) are boring to watch because they get old fast. I don't mind one time or another, but all the time? With all the counselors??? Argh!

Believe me if I could do Fireaxe Throw anytime I wanted, I would. It's my favourite kill in the game. My setup is 2 long / open space kills, and 2 space-efficient quick kills. I choose my favourites and leave it at that basically. There are other space-efficient kills I could use, but they're not as fast, so I stick to Choke and Decap because they're the best for situations where I do need a quick kill, sometimes as fast as possible.

11 hours ago, Trident77 said:

To explain the title better, there are two types of grab kills you can do as Jason: Environmental (you have to walk up near a buttom prompt area while strangling a counselor) and Non-Environmental (just need enough space for certain types; can be used anywhere otherwise).

The two most notorious grab kills in the game are Choke as well as Head Punch. These can be done almost everywhere, and they are popular because of their quickness as well as not needing a great deal of space in order to use. As a result, many Jason players who want to be efficient use these two almost exclusively which has drawn backlash.

An idea I had would be that all the non-environmental executions can only be used once in a match. This would mean you can still use fast executions if you wanted, but it also would be limited; you'd have to make careful decisions when you grab someone.

Pros

• Grip Strength becomes a more relevant strength/weakness, especially once you run out of non-environmental kills to use.
  • Makes matches more interesting by forcing Jason to vary up his choices.
  • Most of the Jasons players unlock early do not have grip strength as a weakness, making it easier for beginners to use environmental kills.
  • Composure/Strength becomes more useful as time goes on if Jason runs out of non-environmental kills to use; counselors stand a better chance of breaking free, especially if Jason has a weakness in grip strength.

Cons

• Players will need to invest in non-environmental kills early on, otherwise they will be forced to use environmental kills since they only start off with Choke (which could get tricky if you aren't near any once you grabbbed a counselor).
  • Grip strength may have to be adjusted, which could take some time for the developers to do.
  • If you have a particular non-environmental kill you enjoy/prefer, you only get to use it once in a match.

To me, the pros outweight the cons. I'm not against players using particular executions because of their efficiency, but it does get kinda boring watching the same executions repeatedly, and this would be a great buff for counselors with high composure (making this stat more relevant than it is now).

"Kill them Jason! Make them suffer like we did!" - Pamela Voorhees 

Mama says kill them. She doesn't say how. People need to stop bitching. 

#stopthebitching

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Trident77 said:

Technically there are seven if the counselors don't call Tommy Jarvis. Also you have a weapon, environmental kills spots are plenty (and more could be added by the developers), the knives could stop people so you can hack 'n slash em to death, etc.

hit detection is not the best in this game so yes jason player should be allowed to use same kill as many times as he wants