NoOneK9503

Switch Jason 4 Bad Shift for Less Hit Points!

What do you all think?

I'm proposing this because Jason 4 sprinted in the movie. So, low mobility is kind of weird for him :huh:

And Jason 4 was wounded twice in the movie before he died. TWICE! How can this be considered a normal HP bar???

• Like 3

I've seen this proposed as well as removing water speed and replacing that with less HP and just leaving water speed neutral since he killed in the water in that film.

The negative shift hasn't bothered me much as Part 4. He's such a bulldozer, that with proper stalk/morph/shift, you can clean house quick.

If he had normal shift, he might be a tad OP. But even with the trap weakness I feel it hasn't hurt him when I play him.

I can why they gave him the negative shift, even though it doesn't really match the film. Because he can literally be all over the counselors constantly at any point in the game. Its a tough call.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I've seen this proposed as well as removing water speed and replacing that with less HP and just leaving water speed neutral since he killed in the water in that film.

The negative shift hasn't bothered me much as Part 4. He's such a bulldozer, that with proper stalk/morph/shift, you can clean house quick.

If he had normal shift, he might be a tad OP. But even with the trap weakness I feel it hasn't hurt him when I play him.

I can why they gave him the negative shift, even though it doesn't really match the film. Because he can literally be all over the counselors constantly at any point in the game. Its a tough call.

I can see your point too. I was thinking that such a mortal weakness could help balance his unstoppable barrage of breaking down doors and running at the same time.

I'm proposing this because it would make Jason players more comfortable but making him have an interesting and maybe even mortal weakness if abused right by the counselors.

Almost unstoppable while he can also be killed more easily. What do you think, @tyrant666?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I can see your point too. I was thinking that such a mortal weakness could help balance his unstoppable barrage of breaking down doors and running at the same time.

I'm proposing this because it would make Jason players more comfortable but making him have an interesting and maybe even mortal weakness if abused right by the counselors.

Almost unstoppable while he can also be killed more easily. What do you think, @tyrant666?

Not bad

7 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

What do you all think?

I'm proposing this because Jason 4 sprinted in the movie. So, low mobility is kind of weird for him :huh:

And Jason 4 was wounded twice in the movie before he died. TWICE! How can this be considered a normal HP bar???

Pt 4 is already a vicious killing machine...giving him normal shift on top of destruction, damage, and running would make him basically unstoppable. I'm not against that, though ;)

3 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Pt 4 is already a vicious killing machine...giving him normal shift on top of destruction, damage, and running would make him basically unstoppable. I'm not against that, though ;)

I don't think it would. Running doesn't have as many advantages as people like to think. It's not as if you can catch up to any counselor who isn't crippled and has stamina. Certainly no substitute for Shift, especially when trying to stop a car.

Look at Savini, not only does he have Destruction and Weapon Strength (currently bugged) but also +Shift. Not to mention no weakness on Traps, and a long range weapon to boot. J4 still wouldn't be on his level even with base Shift.

For the most part, J3 is still the better option for J4's playstyle. His only disadvantage in comparison is that it takes him longer to get into cabins, that's about it. Players may have initially had some difficulty dealing with J4, but he often gets left in the dust in matches now. Unless you're playing on Jarvis map because no one can be bothered carrying a battery found the entire map away from the car.

• Like 1

No matter which is replaced, -Traps should stay as part of the character. You can argue both ways about it:

1. Replacing -Shift with -Less HP represents his "sprinting" in the film from a certain point of view.

2. Replacing -Water Speed with -Less HP represents his 2 water kills in the movie.

Either way, Less HP should be a part of the part 4 character because of his death. I just want that really.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I don't think it would. Running doesn't have as many advantages as people like to think. It's not as if you can catch up to any counselor who isn't crippled and has stamina. Certainly no substitute for Shift, especially when trying to stop a car.

Look at Savini, not only does he have Destruction and Weapon Strength (currently bugged) but also +Shift. Not to mention no weakness on Traps, and a long range weapon to boot. J4 still wouldn't be on his level even with base Shift.

For the most part, J3 is still the better option for J4's playstyle. His only disadvantage in comparison is that it takes him longer to get into cabins, that's about it. Players may have initially had some difficulty dealing with J4, but he often gets left in the dust in matches now. Unless you're playing on Jarvis map because no one can be bothered carrying a battery found the entire map away from the car.

I feel this is why Savini Jason is a Pre-order only character. He is so OP that you could not dissapoint the backers in any way.

And I feel like you're being way too pessimistic about Part 4 Jason. The running really helps he chase counselors (cough Jason 7 cough) and the overpowered +Destruction makes him very hard to deal against (unless you're using Vanessa or Bugzzy). And since he is not like Savini with +Shift he does not Shift-Grab all the time because of his -Shift weakness. It also makes J4 feel less cheap than him.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I heard Part 4 has a hidden "+Morph" but only on PC and Xbox One. I'll see if I can count the cooldown time tomorrow.

This game is so damn unbalanced! Everything beyond what the game tells you about the Jasons is cryptic! Even Jason 7 has it!

Part 7 Jason has +Water Speed, no news here. But, his water speed is EXTREMELY FAST! Way faster than Part 8 Jason.

Saw this with CharminEXSoft playing Xbox One.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

This game is so damn unbalanced! Everything beyond what the game tells you about the Jasons is cryptic! Even Jason 7 has it!

Part 7 Jason has +Water Speed, no news here. But, his water speed is EXTREMELY FAST! Way faster than Part 8 Jason.

Saw this with CharminEXSoft playing Xbox One.

Arguably Part 8 should have faster water speed than part 7 because he crossed the FRIGGIN' OCEAN to get to Manhattan from the sunken Lazarus.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Selfish Savini Owner spotted 

I haven't played Savini in so long and I don't think I've seen one case in any lobby where the lobby got anal about a Savini in lobby.

I've must've just been extremely lucky to this point to not see that happen.

Ideally J4, even though I think he's balanced enough

+Can Run

+Destruction

+Weapon Strength

- Less Hit Points

- Traps

- Morph

Leave his shift as neutral to match his film counterpart, even though the minus shift I haven't had issue with yet. Even though its been trick or treat with J4. I've wiped many lobbies with him and I've seen others do very little with him.

Sometimes, it can be luck of the draw in terms of player skill, items, etc.

I love how much the Jarvis map is like wide open, without cabins every inch of the map. Makes venturing outside a lot more risky, which is also the reason I prefer the bigger maps. But that's just me.

The small maps I still feel are pro counselor. I'd probably be more ok with them if they removed the cop escape, left the two cars and/or forced the remaining counselors to survive the time limit or add a permanent boat escape to the small maps while removing the cop escape, so you would have the two cars, the boat and the timer. I'm happy the devs had the balls to put a permanent boat escape on one of the maps though. It seemed silly to hype an alternate escape method, only to have it happen on a percentage chance on literally EVERY map.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

He didn't mention Savini.

Also salty non-backer spotted.(dude you had 2+ years to pre-order).

I'm also sad (yes, sad) about it. I just do not show to the other people because I'm the wrong one. I accept it.

I knew about this game since its demo at E3 2016. But since I have less than 18 years old, I cannot possibly get a job inside my country in any legal ways. My country is also passing through an economical crisis causing my parents to sink in their debts. And for last, my country's currency (BRL) is equivalent to $0.31 dollars. In short, everything is against my favor.

One time, I heard a user saying:

"It's not like they couldn't buy it even if they wanted."

THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN MY CASE, HUH???

56 minutes ago, Theiceman105 said:

Selfish Savini Owner spotted 

Dim bulb spotted: I don't have Savini, and have long argued that there should be a differently skinned Jason with the exact same stats and weapon reach. 

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

He didn't mention Savini.

Also salty non-backer spotted.(dude you had 2+ years to pre-order).

I'm not salty, just hate the savini users who leave games with other savinis to be the "Dominant" ones.

They don't want to deal with what they own, that's why they don't want Part 4 buffed.

2 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

I'm not salty, just hate the savini users who leave games with other savinis to be the "Dominant" ones.

They don't want to deal with what they own, that's why they don't want Part 4 buffed.

That's just some savini owners. I've escaped savini jason plenty of times.

On 10/20/2017 at 8:51 PM, Tommy86 said:

Yeah I did some estimations of effectiveness in my playbook thread regarding all the current Jason's. Part 4 is a highly effective aggressor. No doubt about it and I really like him a lot. He is though, without a doubt in my mind, the worst objective controller in the game. Part 3 does handle objective control better without sacrificing much in the aggressor role as you noted.

Part 4 is scary if he is currently tunneling you, but a coordinated group will hurt his feelings if they work objectives simultaneously and keep him busy.

Based on the factors I looked at (this is just my opinion - mileage may vary), this is what the rankings of the Jason's look like to me.

Most Effective Aggressor:

1. Savini Jason

2. Part 3

3. Part 4

4. Part 8

5. Part 9

6. Part 7

Most Effective Controller:

1. Part 2

2. Part 6

Overall Effectiveness (Both Roles):

1. Part 6

2. Savini Jason

3. Part 8

4. Part 9

5. Part 2

6. Part 3

7. Part 4

8. Part 7

• Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 1:46 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I heard Part 4 has a hidden "+Morph" but only on PC and Xbox One. I'll see if I can count the cooldown time tomorrow.

He doesn't. I've timed him versus Part 3.

4 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

He doesn't. I've timed him versus Part 3.

Please pay attention to the time I posted that. It was shortly after Part 4 was released. In that time, he DID have a hidden +Morph but it was a bug and they removed it.

11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Please pay attention to the time I posted that. It was shortly after Part 4 was released. In that time, he DID have a hidden +Morph but it was a bug and they removed it.

I'd ask for the patch notes reflecting that change, but...lol