Sign in to follow this  
ShYgUy

Something odd I noticed.

Ok so I was playing a full lobby with mostly high leveled players yesterday.  The match started, and within 3 and a half minutes... both cars were ready,and the cops were called. Wow!

I wasn't jason, (thank god) but how in the world did that happen?  I mean i consider myself a good player but that was just madness. I feel like perks were involved. Anyone else experience this?

I've been shocked many times at the speed of some players.  I've even been in the situation where myself and two other players find the battery, the gas, and the keys right away and happen to meet up at the same car.

I think it's just luck of the draw there sometimes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShYgUy said:

Ok so I was playing a full lobby with mostly high leveled players yesterday.  The match started, and within 3 and a half minutes... both cars were ready,and the cops were called. Wow!

I wasn't jason, (thank god) but how in the world did that happen?  I mean i consider myself a good player but that was just madness. I feel like perks were involved. Anyone else experience this?

I've seen that a few times. Just lucky spawns. If everything is right where it needs to be then you get shit done fast. I've escaped within 2 minutes a few times.

• Like 1

The more you play the game, the more you remember where items spawn reducing the search time for them.  You had said they were high level players.  Chances are they may have just started looking in the spawn cabins right away or just happened that everything was spawning next to objectives.  It happens. 

5 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

It was probably on a small map too which increases the search and repair time for counselors by a lot.

Decreases

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

My bad I was typing fast and didn't proofread.-_-

It happens. I knew what you meant. I'm just bored at work and there's not much new to read on here...

2 hours ago, ShYgUy said:

Not surprising at all. Experiences players know where objectives are as soon as they find parts. Jarvis Map is the only map where parts spawn far away from the objectives.

4 hours ago, ShYgUy said:

I've repaired the boat and escaped in under two minutes on more than one occasion as LaChappa. It largely depends where the objectives spawn and where the repair parts are located. I've gotten the car going with high level friends in less than 3 minutes numerous times. It is not really a reflection of "level" the players are, but how well they coordinate and how generous RNGesus was during the match.

• Like 1

That happened in a lobby I was playing in last night. Another player and I spawned next to each other. Packanack (normal). His cabin had battery & keys. Mine had gas. He was the stoner, I was LaChappa. Four seater was in the top right, where we were. Had the car up and going in what must have been under 2 minutes.

...then I crashed and Jason killed us.

• Like 2

Last night I spawned as Adam at the mechanic shed on Crystal Lake small map. A battery was in the middle room, a gas was in the front room, and there were keys in one of the desk drawers -- the 4 seater was right next to the shed, and I had it running in less than two minutes. Another match, the first drawer I opened in the crystal lake small map bathrooms had the fuse and the phone box was right out back - cops call completed just before Jason morphed there to trap the box. 

Sometimes everyone gets lucky - others, nobody can find the stuff needed to get anything running.

4 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

That happened in a lobby I was playing in last night. Another player and I spawned next to each other. Packanack (normal). His cabin had battery & keys. Mine had gas. He was the stoner, I was LaChappa. Four seater was in the top right, where we were. Had the car up and going in what must have been under 2 minutes.

...then I crashed and Jason killed us.

That last line.?

You and me both. I suck at driving.

• Like 1

It's nothing strange. To me, on the contrary, it's so strange why many people just hang around slowly doing almost nothing xD.
So often I enter cabins with all drawers opened and the battery still there... Whenever I find a car part I will soon put it in the car. I think timing is a very important variable in this game. 

Also, if there are traps and I have spray I will go in them without problems. A lot of people are afraid to take them. And again, some users sometimes don't bring car parts because they should leave the shotgun but the shotgun will not bring you to the exit, the car does...

That is why this game is so luck based. Counselor perks depend on luck. The RNG of objectives. Even the spawn of your counselor. Obviously skill comes into play in a few key areas, ie running and dodging, attacking, fixing mini games, avoiding Jason. More of the game relies on luck for fixing objectives 

I love the idea of RNGesus @Alkavian. Definitely been counselors that have repaired a lot and been out in the first three minutes, as well been on the receiving end as Jason and only gotten 2 kills because of the Lord RNGesus. As @Dr. Lecter stated, matches go both ways. There are also the matches where everything spawns across the map or no one finds them and nothing gets accomplished. 

First time I played the Jarvis map I found the gas and battery right next to each other in the little house on the island area. Also, if you're having problems finding stuff and some people have already escaped, don't forget to be checking those beaches!

On 10/20/2017 at 4:36 PM, Alkavian said:

I've repaired the boat and escaped in under two minutes on more than one occasion as LaChappa. It largely depends where the objectives spawn and where the repair parts are located. I've gotten the car going with high level friends in less than 3 minutes numerous times. It is not really a reflection of "level" the players are, but how well they coordinate and how generous RNGesus was during the match.

This! Good players can still get stuck with bad RNG right off the hop. A good Jason could follow every play in the book without failure but if a smart team with communication hit the jackpot it can make for an interesting match very, very early on in the match. 

I think my own record for escaping is about a minute and a half. Spawned near the two-seater car and a cabin, the cabin contained the fuel and keys, and as I go to put them in up strolls another player with the battery. All in, drive off and out.

It really does come down to the luck sometimes. Same luck that, on other occasions, decides you should start by the fusebox house next to the four-seater!

• Like 2

I actually prefer it when I am Jason and people fix the boat. I’m not that good of a player but for me its an easy kill. When they start the boat I morph ahead of them and they crash into me. Yesterday I dragged three counselors from one boat into the murky depths that way. 

14 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I think my own record for escaping is about a minute and a half. Spawned near the two-seater car and a cabin, the cabin contained the fuel and keys, and as I go to put them in up strolls another player with the battery. All in, drive off and out.

It really does come down to the luck sometimes. Same luck that, on other occasions, decides you should start by the fusebox house next to the four-seater!

I've had similar experience with escaping. The 2-seater is ideal because it's the lower priority objective, so with a bit of luck you can have enough time to fix it and escape without Jason interfering. 

Fusebox house however should be off-limits for counselor spawning. It's basically like spawning at Jason's shack given that it's the first location he visits, and he can go there immediately. I've spawned literally right next to the actual phone box outside the cabin before. Fun times. Worst case scenario is you can get killed immediately, or a new Jason player can get the cops quickly called on him if he doesn't know to trap that location first.

It's certainly a rush starting there. I always just run the hell away to a slightly far-off cabin to start searching, and hopefully the Jason is busy getting the knives from his shack first.

10 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I've had similar experience with escaping. The 2-seater is ideal because it's the lower priority objective, so with a bit of luck you can have enough time to fix it and escape without Jason interfering. 

Fusebox house however should be off-limits for counselor spawning. It's basically like spawning at Jason's shack given that it's the first location he visits, and he can go there immediately. I've spawned literally right next to the actual phone box outside the cabin before. Fun times. Worst case scenario is you can get killed immediately, or a new Jason player can get the cops quickly called on him if he doesn't know to trap that location first.

But with this tho its not as big of a threat when the match starts. Jason is his weakest at the start.

Matches where I spawn at the fusebox house I don't panic. I just shut the doors, search very well,and when he pops up I just sprint as far as I can bc he can't shift yet. 

Also chances are he hasn't been to the car yet so unless he's an inexperienced jason he'd soon give up on you bc there are more important things to do.

When I'm jason,I almost never kill the person who spawned in the fusebox house bc of said reasons. I usually just scare them some,do a slight chase to get them to run away and then morph to the 4 door.

However I will kill them if they don't run from the cabin. You know, those dumb players that want to run circles inside,and around tables and hallways?

Hate those annoying chases.

I've had that happen to me as Jason twice. The most ridiculous instance was whenever I started the match and heard a car start while I was pulling knives out of the wall of Jason's house before I clicked over to hit morph. I was like, "What?!?!" 

I've spawned at the boathouse before with both the petrol and battery inside and the car less than a stones throw away. Actually neither car would have been a particularly long run. So yes after that it's a matter of keys and normally someone will find those pretty quick too. 

There is certainly a level of luck to the game.