ChadFace

Why do high level players use Adam?

Legitimately looking for an answer here.

All the time I see very high level or max level players using Adam and I really just don't understand why. As Jason they never seem to give me more trouble than other counselors who try to fight me and in general I don't see them escaping more often or anything like that. 

From what I've heard it's because he can both fight and repair although less efficiently than counselors attuned one of those playstyles? If that's the case, I don't see why people wouldn't play a character who excels at one rather than one who's ok at both especially when Vanessa has higher stamina, speed, and luck for stuns as well as being able to wear the sweater. 

Is there something in missing?

Adam mains enlighten me please. 

I love Adam. He’s my boyfriend. Jokes aside, I really do think Adam is the best character in the game for my kind of play style. The only thing I don’t like about him is his lack of stealth but I think he’s great for attacking/defending and repairing. 

Too many times I want to go in swinging but the counselor I’m with are all Tiffanys or Chads and I’m the only good repairer OR no one bothers to fix the car and they just leave parts around the map like breadcrumbs. 

I personally love Adam and think he’s the best overall character and I am 101 and will use him frequently. Sometimes I’ll go the Tiffany route if I’m feeling “IDGAF-ish” hahaha 

I wasn't aware they did.

However, he's got acceptable speed, stamina, and repair. All of which makes him pretty self-suffucient.

On top of that he's got good damage, so if you want to kill Jason, you can always fall back on that.

No other damage-dealer can repair, and no other repairer can deal damage. With Adam, you can adapt to every victory condition well without overly relying on others, making him a good team lynchpin.

• Like 3

As jason I tend to have more issues fighting an experienced Adam or Buggsy  simply bc the speed and strength   during the chase if they decide to randomly turn and swing at me mid run. 

I get stunned half the time with that tactic bc they are fast and strong. I can see why they use adam. 

I'm going to guess that high level players have some decent epic perks they use to counteract some of his weaknesses.  Once you do that you have a char who isn't too terrible at anything.  That said his low stamina/stealth still makes for low survivability IMO.  Can't say I ever see them get away very often.  In my own experience (as counselor and as Jason), AJ, Tiffany, Vanessa, and Chad are the top escapees.  A good Adam can keep you busy for awhile tho, more so than the Buggzys from what I've seen.

Some of you have mentioned his strength/damage being helpful when fighting Jason, but I'm under the impression that strength only really matter when trying to kill Jason? Is there something else that strength effects that helps? 

I play quick play mostly so killing Jason is pretty much always a no-go so I've never really considered strength to be very helpful. 

9 minutes ago, ChadFace said:

Some of you have mentioned his strength/damage being helpful when fighting Jason, but I'm under the impression that strength only really matter when trying to kill Jason? Is there something else that strength effects that helps? 

I play quick play mostly so killing Jason is pretty much always a no-go so I've never really considered strength to be very helpful. 

You are somewhat correct.  Strength is both for better stun chances/times and at removing his mask using a bladed weapon, leading to a Jason kill.  Damage weapons (bladed weapons) are better used when going for a kill, otherwise, always grab a stun weapon (bat, 2x4, wrench, stick/pipe) when trying to evade or escape.  Keep in mind, ALL attacks on Jason (on top of passage of time) are filling his Rage meter faster, so be sure you know how to handle him before you all assult him and piss him off.

• Like 1

Strength help with breaking free from Jason grab and bear traps too.

If you have a composition of Adams and Buggsys you can demask Jason pretty quickly. It's rare to see a lobby like this, but if you do it's most likely a group in a party looking to kill Jason.

He's got good speed, stamina, and repair. He also is decent at fighting back against Jason. I find him a very well rounded character to play.

Adam's strengths go to the most important parts of the game: fighting Jason and repairing objectives. Epic Escape Artist + Adam = a lot of salty grab-users. His weaknesses are either relatively unimportant (amount of noise during movement) or not so severe as to be incurable by perks (stamina). The one HUGE issue with him is his dogshit car starting times due to Luck's undisclosed effect on that. Jumping into the driver seat during a scrum is very risky for Adam, even with a (now nerfed) Epic Grease Monkey.

If I'm actually playing to survive, I'll usually get out as Adam. I think he does promote a somewhat self-sacrificing play style that results in a higher fatality rate from fights/tanking traps, though.

5 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I wasn't aware they did.

However, he's got acceptable speed, stamina, and repair. All of which makes him pretty self-suffucient.

On top of that he's got good damage, so if you want to kill Jason, you can always fall back on that.

No other damage-dealer can repair, and no other repairer can deal damage. With Adam, you can adapt to every victory condition well without overly relying on others, making him a good team lynchpin.

This about sums it up I think. Adam is a better all-arounder at doing two of the more important tasks (subjectively speaking of course). He fixes well. He fights well. His combo of good Composure and Strength means he will generally be better at escaping Jason's grab throughout the game (he keeps his fear down better than Bugz as an example). I really like Adam. He is versatile but not just average Joe like Kenny.

4 hours ago, Strangefate said:

I'm going to guess that high level players have some decent epic perks they use to counteract some of his weaknesses.  Once you do that you have a char who isn't too terrible at anything.  That said his low stamina/stealth still makes for low survivability IMO.  Can't say I ever see them get away very often.  In my own experience (as counselor and as Jason), AJ, Tiffany, Vanessa, and Chad are the top escapees.  A good Adam can keep you busy for awhile tho, more so than the Buggzys from what I've seen.

Stealth is useless and has a very diminishing effect every minute the game goes on.

I roll random Counselor/Jason almost every match.

I was obviously maining Mitch/Part 4 when the new content arrived, but I've switched back to random all around.

I feel bad for Eric. With Mitch and AJ, he's basically become the least played counselor of the entire set. How that changes I dunno. I think the repair stat could be broken down into more categories, which would help benefit him and help differentiate Adam even further in the repair department. He's a grease monkey, with likely an 80s muscle car. He should be the best guy at repairing/starting the car in the game.

All the more reason why looking back, removing the special abilities was probably not a good idea as they could've made each counselor even more distinct. Instead go with a lazy perk system where only half of them work and the other half get spammed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I wasn't aware they did.

This nails it. He can fix and fight. His repair is better than most and his stuns on Jason are great. Also, if a tunnel vision Jason is locked on to you, you can run for a while to keep him busy while others repair objectives. Other than AJ, i think he is my second favorite player. Then Deb then Lachappa. Adam is just overall solid. AJ is my favorite because of her repair and stealth. Hiding and not having to play the breathing game is great.

I don't see why @Strangefate said Chad has such high survival rate. His composure sucks, his repair is too low. As long as you block and wear his stamina down Chads are no issue. Vanessa and Bugzy are the worst at trying to catch if you have problems with runners.

I used to main AJ, But I switched to Adam a couple of months ago because I was grinding away at my combat trophies (goalie, face off, smash bros), yet I still wanted a character who not only had the strength to damage Jason, but who could also repair. Adam ticks all those boxes. When I'm playing as Adam I don't feel like I've got any weaknesses holding me back. His only weaknesses are all the least important stats (luck and stealth).

Adam's biggest drawback is his low luck. He just isn't as good a fighting character as Chad in most situations. His weapons are going to break far more frequently. Unless you are specifically going for a Jason kill, Adam is actually a markedly inferior character to Chad in terms of fighting. 

His repair is nice, but there are characters with better luck and better repair (Deborah, LaChappa) and Mitch has the same amount of luck with better repair. 

Simply put, he's a mediocre fighter and slightly above average fixer. You have better options. 

1 hour ago, zarakye said:

I used to main AJ, But I switched to Adam a couple of months ago because I was grinding away at my combat trophies (goalie, face off, smash bros), yet I still wanted a character who not only had the strength to damage Jason, but who could also repair. Adam ticks all those boxes. When I'm playing as Adam I don't feel like I've got any weaknesses holding me back. His only weaknesses are all the least important stats (luck and stealth).

You said it all! Adam is a beast!

I just feel a bit sorry for the lack of defensive ways counselors have with the Grab. If it had, even if it was just one, the Combat Stance would be way more fun!

@Shadesofjoe Just use the Combat Stance. When using it, the attack button does double damage against Jason. Playing as Bugzzy with the Axe using the Combat Stance, for example, you can knock Jason's mask off in 2 or 3 hits.

Edited by NoOneK9503

21 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

You said it all! Adam is a beast!

I just feel a bit sorry for the lack of defensive ways counselors have with the Grab. If it had, even if it was just one, the Combat Stance would be way more fun!

@Shadesofjoe Just use the Combat Stance. When using it, the attack button does double damage against Jason. Playing as Bugzzy with the Axe using the Combat Stance, for example, you can knock Jason's mask off in 2 or 3 hits.

Or one power attack with Bugzy using the axe, with an epic Thrasher perk.

• Like 2

I used Adam for awhile because of the backwards luck thing, and because I like the look of the character.  I went back to Deborah because I like being able to repair really quickly, even when Jason is jogging up to the car, and still being able to run.