Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pioneer67fkd

why was window animation added

14 posts in this topic

why was the window animation added there was nothing wrong with the way you broke windows when the game first came out so why mess with something that did not need to be fixed devs please remove the stupid window animation and make how it used to be

I was for the x prompt at first, but yeah.... I agree.  Should be reverted back.  Causes issues. Especially when the game can't decide to throw a counselor through or break the window instead. 

1 person likes this

Some Jasons had a problem with their weapon getting stuck by the window. That's why they added a prompt.

It was fine before, combat stance worked on those hard to hit windows. Jason's weapon getting stuck was honestly a small price to pay on those occasions where it did get stuck with the original method.

I personally don't have a big problem with the prompt method, however, that stupid invisible bubble that blocks the windows when a counselor dives through them where the person playing Jason needs to literally wait until they get back up before he can break it is what's annoying about this method and NEEDS to be fix/changed. 

As Jason you should be able to use the window breaking prompt at anytime even while counselors are going through/diving through them and deal damage to them from the broken glass like you could before. 

4 people like this

You can smash the windows like you did before so I don't think removing the animation is necessary at this point.

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

You can smash the windows like you did before so I don't think removing the animation is necessary at this point.

It's absolutely necessary - there's still a long period of "magic shield" for the counselor as they go through the animation. Can't slash, grab, or knife them during it.

4 hours ago, j03audette said:

It was fine before, combat stance worked on those hard to hit windows. Jason's weapon getting stuck was honestly a small price to pay on those occasions where it did get stuck with the original method.

I personally don't have a big problem with the prompt method, however, that stupid invisible bubble that blocks the windows when a counselor dives through them where the person playing Jason needs to literally wait until they get back up before he can break it is what's annoying about this method and NEEDS to be fix/changed. 

As Jason you should be able to use the window breaking prompt at anytime even while counselors are going through/diving through them and deal damage to them from the broken glass like you could before. 

@[IllFonic]Courier Please look into everything related to the windows in this thread.

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

It's absolutely necessary - there's still a long period of "magic shield" for the counselor as they go through the animation. Can't slash, grab, or knife them during it.

But you don't even have to use the window smash animation. So don't problem solved.

11 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

But you don't even have to use the window smash animation. So don't problem solved.

It is still much harder to destroy windows with melee now than pre-prompt implementation. Before the prompt you could destroy pretty much any window flawlessly, but now there's so much wonkyness going on with the windows, and windows above Jason's head like the ground floor windows of Packanack and Higgins can't reliably be broken without going ALLL the way inside the house to break them. Before you could break them from outside with the vertical attack.

2 people like this

Yeah about the windows.

Still not one of the best changes they've made to the game and its something they should consider just reverting.

I also think the outright unfavorable outlook about the change has probably made them shy about making other big changes to the core game on either side. Though being able to smash someone up against the phone box and push people away and slient footsteps during STALK were all pretty good changes for me.

I don’t mind the animation but I haven’t hurt a counselor going through window since they first added it.  That needs to be fixed whether they keep the animation or not.

1 person likes this

I don’t mind the added window animation for destroying it. I do find it annoying when I want to throw Jenny or Chad or any victim through a unbroken window and Jason decides to slash the window when I press X and therefore won’t let me throw the counselor through it. That’s annoying. Ruins my mojo. 

As for the whole bubble thing I don’t really care. You can just grab them before they get through the window and that negates the whole bubble problem, unless they’re already halfway through said window. I remember before the animation getting swiped when I was clearly through the entire window due to lag. I don’t mind waiting that extra second. It’s a window and it’s not like the counselors are spending most of the game in the windows. It’s slightly annoying but once it’s smashed it’s 90% likely to not be used again unless in an emergency. 

I wouldn't mind the prompt if it didn't interfere with the original system. If it was simply an addition to what was originally there, it would be fine, but it changes how gameplay around windows works and it shouldn't.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

You're still not getting it: the bubble exists for all counselor window transits. You won't be free swinging into them during it, either.