Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phatboi00

Rage/Match Quitters

8 posts in this topic

Please tell me that something is in the works to either stop or discourage this insanity. I'm tired of doing a match with 4 people + Jason cause everyone quit. Also being the only person left with Jason cause I was the only one who wasn't killed by him (happened only once).

Play private match or join a club on here of committed players.

1 person likes this

I too hate the lobbies that end HOWEVER I know I can’t really complain much since they are public matches and 75% of them are children or people who only want to win/be Jason/do everything and live kinds of people. 

I have made tons of friends online and usually have a good amount of people playing at once on my friends list. I’d say add some people here or find those in your games that you do play that are good counselors and add them and start a party that way. Best of luck! 

Eventually there will be dedicated servers, however Im still a firm believer in there being a leaving penalty.

And before it gets brought up about connections being dropped and so on, there are things on the backend where the company can tell if it was an intentional disconnect or not. Either way theres usually a buffer ie warnings or increasing increments of suspended game time.

Unfortunately NO there isn't.  They are working at solving the wrong problem - which is the loss of points to Jason issue.  They are going in the opposite direction of anything to fix the reason it is happening so frequently.  Dedicated servers won't fix the REASON people leave.   Getting the Jason player "lost" points does nothing regarding the reason it is happening every damn game now.  A penalty for leaving doubles down on the issue by then adding additional punishment (on top of lost time they just expended they get nothing for) which will compound the problem.  If you do not fix the reason people are behaving as they are you are merely putting a band-aid on the surface level of the problem without suturing the underlying tissue together staunching the bleeding.  

They have a serious balance issue currently.  

We are seeing:

Fewer players

Players leaving matches

If, at even odds, you play as the counselors 7 out of every 8 games, on average:  Then you NEED the player to enjoy playing that side.  When people stop having fun as a counselor AND/OR feel they do not have a fair chance to survive - frustration builds then they stop wanting to play.

Items are even scarcer now.  Search three cabins and often find ONE non map/walkie item.  

If they do not restore some balance the community will continue to shrink as people MUST enjoy, or at LEAST easily tolerate, playing a counselor to play the game.  Every game people leave early as a counselor and/or leave immediately because they aren't Jason.  EVERY game.

These are symptoms of a player base that is not enjoying themselves to the level they should be.  Frustration leads to avoidance.  Jason only players avoiding playing a counselor, counselors avoiding finishing matches by "getting back at the heavily favored side" by leaving.  

Solving the Jason deserved points for a leave does NOTHING to solve the underlying issues in play.  

On average one to three people are leaving per match.  Right at the beginning or during the match proper.  When 25 to 37% of your player base is doing as such you have a serious problem.  Five percent, fine.  10 percent, manageable.  When one out of four players is displaying such behaviors means they aren't enjoying the game like they should and willing to Waste their time and get no rewards for it - you have a serious problem building.   

Sometimes there is a valid reason for leaving, even mid-kill.  Like when you're totally sure someone is working with Jason and you're being set up.  No points for that kill, you Jason helper-enabling tard.  I never thought I'd do that, but it's ridiculous now.

There are literally dozens of threads on this... why does nobody ever use the search function? Locking this.