UsedToBeARobot

Holding a weapon AND a car part would be nice

28 posts in this topic

I don't like how you have to choose between holding a car part such as a gas tank (or battery) or a weapon. I can't see why we can't hold a bat or machete in one hand and the part in the other. 

Is there any reason for having to choose between one or the other?

The nonswinging hand should hold the part of course, then you could weapon stun Jason while running parts to objectives.  To drop the part, still hold down on the d-pad, but the part drops first, then hold down again to drop the weapon.

Having to choose between a weapon and an objective item doesn't bother me. FWIW, I'll always choose the objective item for the good of the team even when I don't want to help out the do nothings in public matches.  What bothers me is that that it takes so long to drop and objective item.  It takes 2 seconds to drop a weapon or an objective item and that amount of time is an eternity when Jason is hot on your heels especially since you can't do it on the run, you have to stand still for that time leaving yourself quite vulnerable. 

1 person likes this

I think that the game is already well balanced. That would give a bit too much power to counselors. 

It doesn't make any sense at all. Especially when you have a shotgun on your back. But for the good of the game..........it gotta be like this.

This post already exists somewhere. I remember Ben replied and basically said it would cause balancing issues. I'll try to link it later if I can find it.

Found it:

Edited by Truth

If they were to do that, the devs would have to program each councelor with a second arm and hand to carry the....oh wait...

Oh hell no. Besides how would you open a door or window if your hands are full? 

The game is supposed to be challenging. And deciding between picking up a bat or a battery is part of the survival horror aspects of this game. This also encourages teamwork, as one person is defenseless while carrying a part and the other person is the protector.

You gotta think about the Jason player. I know 90% of the time you play as a counselor, but sometimes having defenseless counselors is the balance this game needs when an objective is being repaired. Who cares about realism, it's a game, and the balance is there for a reason.

Really though, I like it the way it is.  Carrying two items would make the game far more unbalanced than most think.

@UsedToBeARobot Batteries weigh around 30 pounds, 5 gallons of gas weighs also about 3 pounds. So the fact that these counselors can hold 30 pounds in one hand and still sprint full speed is pretty amazing. Holding the strap for a battery and having 30 pounds swing as you run or 30 pounds of gas sloshing around, I don't think you'd be running top speed. Then on top of that you want to be able to hold a bat and swing hard enough to stun Jason with just one hand. That just seems like you're asking for a lot.

Also, like someone else pointed out, you then couldn't open doors or windows. I think it is fine the way it is. It's a risk/reward system. The only time I wish I could do both is when I'm last alive but if I'm last alive and the car isn't fixed yet I can pretty much assume I'm dead but I'll still try.

Simple solution, have councillors hold batteries or gas with two hands like the immensely heavy items they actually are

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, UsedToBeARobot said:

I don't like how you have to choose between holding a car part such as a gas tank (or battery) or a weapon. I can't see why we can't hold a bat or machete in one hand and the part in the other. 

I don't always find all I need in a match.

Would be a nice option to be able to pick up more than one item.

I'm not going to be a jerk about it though. :lol:

1 minute ago, BoxingRouge said:

How will you open and barricade doors?

If Jessica Cox can do it...so can Tiffany Cox. B)

1 person likes this

maybe have it so you can like put the weapon away while carrying gas or battery so you dont lose it at least but will have to drop the part to use it, like with the shotgun it stays on your back but you cant use it until you drop the battery or gas

here's a thought...

Just let me swing the battery/ gas can like a weapon...

3 people like this

7 hours ago, UsedToBeARobot said:

Have you ever picked up a car battery in real life? I’d be very surprised that you’d even be asking this question if you have. 

I think it would be awesome if you could use the gas as a weapon though. Douse Jason with it and then set him on fire with a flaregun or firecrackers. 

4 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I think it would be awesome if you could use the gas as a weapon though. Douse Jason with it and then set him on fire with a flaregun or firecrackers. 

That idea has been brought up before as well. I still like the idea.

5 hours ago, BoxingRouge said:

How will you open and barricade doors?

Let go with one hand long enough to open a door or whatever, then back to two handed carrying.

Like you might do in real life.

I think it’s fine the way it is. It adds a sense of “oh shit” when your screen buzzed and you hear the Jason music. 

Either hope he doesn’t see you yet or run to the car, drop the whatever, and find a weapon or dive into a cabin. 

6 hours ago, The Sandman said:

here's a thought...

Just let me swing the battery/ gas can like a weapon...

Yeah!

17 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Having to choose between a weapon and an objective item doesn't bother me. FWIW, I'll always choose the objective item for the good of the team even when I don't want to help out the do nothings in public matches.  What bothers me is that that it takes so long to drop and objective item.  It takes 2 seconds to drop a weapon or an objective item and that amount of time is an eternity when Jason is hot on your heels especially since you can't do it on the run, you have to stand still for that time leaving yourself quite vulnerable. 

What lord Vader said. And I like the fact you can't haul a bat and gas at the same time. It make you wonder if you should run the part or say fuck it this group sucks. 

9 hours ago, Guy said:

Let go with one hand long enough to open a door or whatever, then back to two handed carrying.

Like you might do in real life.

But they're meaning if you have something in each hand how would you?

The simple answer is you cant without dropping one or the other. The exception being the shotgun which stays on the back, in that case youd have to drop the item to shoulder the shotgun.

Realistically you CLD carry 2 items, but the draw back would be your hands are full, you wouldnt be able to run at top speed or for very long.

An idea though, what if there was a perk called "Holster" an you cld equip a weapon to your belt/back so you CLD carry a weapon without taking up your hand space.

Just a thought :)

If counselors could hold weapons and parts then there would have to be a counter like Jason's attacks, traps, and stumbles have a chance, or guarantee, to force you to drop the part, and/or carrying a weapon and a part has a stamina penalty but carrying just one does not.

23 hours ago, UsedToBeARobot said:

Yes there is.

Think about it.