Pharrowmun

Wouldn't it be cool if you could play as Kane Hodder?

This is something that I thought of while playing the game, spreadin' the word about dangerous premarital sex, I thought 'Kane Hodder did incredibly with the motion capture in this.'

So I thought:

Wouldn't it be cool if you could play as Kane Hodder himself?

I can already imagine it, your playing as a counselor, searching frantically for (insert part here) and you look out the window of the cabin and see Kane Hodder staring at you through the dirty glass.

Here's some ideas for his play style:

Weapon:

Hatchet (Because of the movie Hatchet, which Kane Hodder starred in.)

(Thanks to @Trident77 for most of the strengths and weaknesses) 

Buffs:

Grip Strength

Improved Sense

Stun resistance /or/ More hitpoints

Debuffs:

Slower in water

Can't run

Hampered Fear

I'm not sure what to do about the mask, maybe just let Kane Hodder pick his favorite Hockey Mask style and he'd wear that around?

On another note it would also be cool to see Kane Hodder in a MOCAP suit as maybe a special skin or something, another idea I must credit to @Trident77  but on a related note, I think it would be funny for each of the counselors in MOCAP suits as well to complete the look.

Anyway, this was just an idea I had, and I was wondering if anyone else would like it.

Kane-Hodder.jpg

Edited by Pharrowmun
Fixed grammatical errors, and improved the flow. Also changed buffs and debuffs section
  • Like 1

My version would be Kane Hodder wearing a mocap suit with the following stats:

• Variant: Human
  • Weapon: Mocap Machete

Strengths:

1. Grip Strength (Hodder is a buff guy)
  2. Sense (When a random guy walking near Hodder tried to steal the hockey mask, Hodder reacted immediately by knocking the crap out of the would-be thief)
  3. Stun Resistance (He once held the record for being on fire the longest time in an uncontrolled setting but lived to tell the tale; he's a tough guy to take down for sure)

Weaknesses

1. Can't Run (Hodder never ran when he was Jason)
  2. Fear (It takes 25% longer for counselors to succumb to fear; this is because Hodder is surprisingly a nice guy for someone who played a very intimidating Jason)
  3. Water Speed (Of all Jasons, Kane Hodder's version was defeated several times by means of water)

Also, everytime he murders someone, he screams "Fuck you!" at their dead corpse.

• Like 3

I recall being mortified when i saw the actors name who played jason for the first time. I dealt with it, until the first time i shouted at the screen "go get her kane" that was it i had to stop watching. The fake fractured reality was now shattered. Eventually i came to accept the truth...and now you want to put the actor in the game too...

Well ok.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trident77 said:

My version would be Kane Hodder wearing a mocap suit with the following stats:

• Variant: Human
  • Weapon: Mocap Machete

Strengths:

1. Grip Strength (Hodder is a buff guy)
  2. Sense (When a random guy walking near Hodder tried to steal the hockey mask, Hodder reacted immediately by knocking the crap out of the would-be thief)
  3. Stun Resistance (He once held the record for being on fire the longest time in an uncontrolled setting but lived to tell the tale; he's a tough guy to take down for sure)

Weaknesses

1. Can't Run (Hodder never ran when he was Jason)
  2. Fear (It takes 25% longer for counselors to succumb to fear; this is because Hodder is surprisingly a nice guy for someone who played a very intimidating Jason)
  3. Water Speed (Of all Jasons, Kane Hodder's version was defeated several times by means of water)

Also, everytime he murders someone, he screams "Fuck you!" at their dead corpse.

That actually seems pretty cool. The buffs and debuffs I gave him were more of a spur of the moment thing. Yours actually have good reasons behind them that pertain to Hodder himself. And the thought of Kane shouting "Fuck you!" every time he kills someone sounds amazing to me. 

3 hours ago, Vassago said:

Eventually i came to accept the truth...

Thank you for accepting me!

I like @Trident77's ideas here. Clearly put a lot of thought into it. It would be a nice variation since we can only get so many Jasons.

• Like 1

If Kane was playable I'd rather he had at least one tangible strength to build a style around. Sense, grip, and stun res just aren't strong enough points to do that. Those weaknesses you suggest aren't that bad but maybe change stun resistance with something more viable. Stalk, shift, traps, destruction, somethin like that. 

2 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

If Kane was playable I'd rather he had at least one tangible strength to build a style around. Sense, grip, and stun res just aren't strong enough points to do that. Those weaknesses you suggest aren't that bad but maybe change stun resistance with something more viable. Stalk, shift, traps, destruction, somethin like that. 

Actually looking at his buffs and debuffs, Kane seems like you'd just have to play the stealth game with him, catch counselors off guard and kill them before they try to get away.

2 hours ago, Crawly Creature said:

Yeah it would be Cool to play as a Villain other than Jason, I Vote YES For this.

Actually, he's a pretty nice guy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

Huge Hodder fan here, and would LOVE to see this, but if we do this, I sure would hope ppl wouldn't still be objecting to Roy. Just saying.....

Actually I'd love to have Roy in the game, Part 5 is one of my favorite Friday the 13th movies. 

• Like 1

This is probably considered blasphemy by many F13 fans, but I have never cared much for Kane Hodder. Maybe it’s due to my age (I got to see part 3 in 3D during its original run when I was 8) but I have always equated him with the point when the series really jumped the shark. That isn’t to say that I don’t enjoy parts 7-10, but none of it has to do with Hodder’s interpretation. I really think that he is overrated and that all of the prior Jasons did better jobs. I’m actually a little annoyed that the Steve Dash pt 2 Jason is  obviously just Hodder with a sack over his head, but at that point I’m just being nitpicky. 

• Like 1