AldermachXI

Revamping The Progression System

1 hour ago, IronKnight55 said:

Agreed! I finally have Epic in all of my favorite perks. I don't want my perks reset. ?

This the conundrum the Devs have created with the wonky slot machine perk system. I don't care about starting over...but plenty of folks do 

39 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

This the conundrum the Devs have created with the wonky slot machine perk system. I don't care about starting over...but plenty of folks do 

Agreed. I have some pretty good perks but I wouldn't hesitate to trade them all for a true progression system instead. I'd be happy starting at zero if it meant getting rid of the slot machine. 

I love this idea. Spending 60k in CP and still not having an epic Marathon?? I am glad luck of the slot worked for you guys, but lady luck hasn't been there for me.

I think it could actually make the badges have a point. Say for instance how many times you stun Jason with firecrackers improves your stun radius. Medic increases effect of Medic, how well you heal your teammates. If you have repaired a car or boat, it affects tinker or make a new perk to remove one circle or 20% of circles when repairing objectives.

There are more objectives to work towards. I understand not wanting to give up what you worked for, but if you use that specific playstyle or perk often, shouldn't take too long to level it up. After all, I am sure most of you have a lot of badges completed. That would probably mean you have epic form of that perk.

My opinion also is that the only benefit of leveling up is the fact you get new outfits, or rather reskins of outfits. 

These objectives could make it more interesting to play. As @AldermachXImentioned, players will have to play outside of their comfort zone and try new things. 

A stat board implementation would be much appreciated. I actually may try hard in all of my games instead of goofing around as Jenny and dancing in front of the stereo in Jarvis house with Jason standing in front of me.

• Like 1

Yeah better progression and maybe a prestige system or something like that would be a welcome edition. Maybe that is something we can look forward to in Friday the 13th The Game Part 2.

On 10/19/2017 at 1:44 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah better progression and maybe a prestige system or something like that would be a welcome edition. Maybe that is something we can look forward to in Friday the 13th The Game Part 2.

Yeah. A "Prestige" system of sorts should be common place in most games by now. People max out the level systems so quickly...might as well give them something to work towards after that.

My thoughts.

1. Great idea

2. But if its something they use to get us to go all in for a sequel...I say...fuck them and fuck that idea..anything remotely resembling a sequel between now and 2019 would automatically be considered abandonment and a cash grab to me. Work on this game, continue to work on this game. Launching a sequel with Jason X and a few shiny things and a new perk system wouldn't help their reputation in any way shape or form.

3. The unpopular opinion. Remove the perk system, though it would counter the idea of playing for incentive, which sucks. Unless you want to start taking the chance of allowing Jason ways to use the system himself for each individual Jason, which is NOT something I've seen the community in favor of. That or add another strength/weakness to each Jason.

I've always found the system silly. Allowing counselors maps to start if they choose. Allowing up to 6 med sprays a pop, combined with perks that effectively allow counselors to jump out of multiple story buildings in a loopathon is just...too Call of Duty for me.

That said, I realize its more realistic to just redo the system than remove it. So I don't mind the idea done that way if it happened.

A progression system would definitely be ideal for when you hit 101 because I'm getting very little cp to roll perks at max level and it sucks. 

8 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah. A "Prestige" system of sorts should be common place in most games by now. People max out the level systems so quickly...might as well give them something to work towards after that.

Yeah it kind off needs something. I am level 81 now and dispite getting some different color pants in twenty or so levels xp is somewhat irrelevant.

I strongly feel F13th needs to show a clear progression path at the end of each match.  Helping the player know what is the next  unlock they are working towards. This would also make the game feel more exciting and rewarding.

I’ve attached a link to a YouTube video to try to help explain what I’m trying to suggest. Please check it out.

https://youtu.be/8oSZSAoXYsk

I fear the current rolling system for perks is just the foundation for adding micro transactions to this loot crate system. But I hope that’s not the case since many AAA games are getting negative feedback over this implementation. 

20 minutes ago, NoFate said:

I strongly feel F13th needs to show a clear progression path at the end of each match.  Helping the player know what is the next  unlock they are working towards. This would also make the game feel more exciting and rewarding.

I’ve attached a link to a YouTube video to try to help explain what I’m trying to suggest. Please check it out.

https://youtu.be/8oSZSAoXYsk

Not a bad idea at all. Something like this in tandem with the ideas already suggested here would be a good addition. F13's current version of this is the Badges system, except the badges don't have any impact on gameplay and don't add any real incentive.

• Like 2

My two main questions would be - what's the role of CP in this now and what are the ideas for prestige?

With this system, CP would lose half of its function and, very arguably, the much larger half. It would leave it to simply be for unlocking Jason kills, of which there's a much smaller pool than Perks. Is that still a good enough purpose for CP, or do you junk it? And if so, what to do about the Jason kills?

The other is pretty much that, what are the ideas for prestige? I think it's pretty easy to implement in a very simple way - you're now Level 1*, or you get a different border colour or something - but it could be a lot more than that. So what are the ideas?

At the same time, while I know some here and around the forums have been at Level 101 for months now and are chafing at it, bear in mind that's not the case for a lot of players. Really, even after five months, still the vast majority of players. I've put in over 160 hours on this game and I'm Level 48. It's likely going to be 2018 before I hit Level 101, so gating off really big game-changing stuff behind that would be very frustrating to a player like me and others in the same boat with the same constraints on their day-to-day time. It's why I've never liked the suggestion of Uber Jason being at Level 101.

I'd like a prestige system, and I'd like to hear what people think would be worthwhile prestiging, without being too overpowered.

For the idea in general, I very much back the addendum from Truth's posts to it, in that I think it'd be essential that you allowed previous Perks to be grandfathered. That'd be the biggest hurdle I think, and I also think it'd be hugely better to go with just one system rather than trying to run two in tandem for those that want the old and those that want the new.

If older Perks can be carried over, so now your old Heavy Hitter Uncommon Perk means you only need (as an example) 75 stuns to hit Rare rather than 100, then I reckon that covers all bases. People wouldn't be concerned about losing their previous Perks as they still get them, just adjusted to the new system. You'd lose the chance of getting something great early, which is a shame for sure, but gain greater control over your choice of Perks and also hopefully would indeed get people trying out different things instead of the same stuff over and over.

Also, I assume you'd have to use a standard set of % plus and minuses for each Perk now since it's not random. Those would have to be decided on, probably as a mean of previous possible values.

I feel this is definitely a proposed system worth discussing.

7 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

My two main questions would be - what's the role of CP in this now and what are the ideas for prestige?

With this system, CP would lose half of its function and, very arguably, the much larger half. It would leave it to simply be for unlocking Jason kills, of which there's a much smaller pool than Perks. Is that still a good enough purpose for CP, or do you junk it? And if so, what to do about the Jason kills?

Perhaps CP could be used not only to purchase Jason Kills, but also to purchase augments for Perks. Seriously, there are quite a few useless ones that simply don't need to exist. We could turn those into augments for existing perks (small circumstantial buffs) make it so they can be bought to attach to any existing perk. How many augments a perk can have might be tied to rarity. Epic 3, Rare 2, Uncommon 1, Common 1, and Shitty (whatever the lowest is called) 0.

10 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

whatever the lowest is called

poor

I'd go with shitty though.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

poor

I'd go with shitty though.

Lol. I never paid attention or used that quality. Couldn't remember the name.?

The fact that I am lvl 80,half of my perks are epic and the remaining half are rare(orange),and i still roll the same perks in blue and white is bs.This random system doesnt even make sense,and there is no point in rolling whites and blues after u exceed a lvl.

On 18/10/2017 at 3:13 PM, DEATH said:

It seems to me that this wouldn't change anything in the long run. Eventually you'll still run into the ceiling and "there will be no reason to play any more. Are they supposed to change it every time people are at that ceiling? I do like the sound of this system, but it really solves nothing in the long run. Every leveling/progression system has a ceiling, but you're supposed to like the game enough to continue to play anyway. Even DbD's system only has so much progression and the ranking system is useless since all perks carry over at reset. Your idea would be good for a new game, but pointless to implement now.

I still play my Atari 2600...It has no perks, no rewards etc.  It is just fun.  I also play my playstation 2.  Same thing.  F13 is fun.  

I don't know about that, but a skill tree to unlock passive abilities levelling up and paying with CP would be neat. 

Specially if we get things that actually do a difference instead of so many crappy perks. 

The Bumpasaurus has the right idea. Any other thoughts on this? Very much would like to hear if there's any more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

With a new engine coming to game, they should consider this idea.

One of the best topics that got buried.

I really hope it's just the engine holding it back. This game has so much potential, and a ton of great suggestions have been brought up. It would be awesome if some were implemented.

Yes. This is still a great idea. Maybe someday we'll get a leveling perk system in some form.