Sign in to follow this  
MichaelMemers

Disallow use of Pamela's sweater when it isn't capable of actually working.

Currently, if you are wearing the sweater and try to use it when Jason is in any sort of invincibility frames, it will be wasted. It will also be wasted if he shifts or morphs just as you use it. With the frequency with which Jasons morph away just as the sweater is used, I wouldn't be surprised if they could just sit there with the morph map open and click as soon as the sweater is used. Please make it so that if the sweater can't actually stun Jason properly at the moment, then it cannot be used at that time.

• Like 7

Wow I've never encountered that... I've used the sweater a lot and it's never not worked. Maybe it's a system thing? I'm on xbox. Either way that should be fixed.

11 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Currently, if you are wearing the sweater and try to use it when Jason is in any sort of invincibility frames, it will be wasted. It will also be wasted if he shifts or morphs just as you use it. With the frequency with which Jasons morph away just as the sweater is used, I wouldn't be surprised if they could just sit there with the morph map open and click as soon as the sweater is used. Please make it so that if the sweater can't actually stun Jason properly at the moment, then it cannot be used at that time.

I agree this has happen to me so many times

Sweatershpuld be useable like a pocket knife again, I hate Jason's that run away and hide, and grab you, and your team fails to free you due to hit detection

Actually ,there is something to add about this.

I made a topic about a rage quitting jason who quit before Tommy's kill animation was finished, robbing the lobby of the exp and the achievement.

Said Jason was trying very hard to ensure this glitch happened where the sweater didn't work on him while he was shifting.

The person with the sweater used it and jason shifted a short ways away, seemingly uneffected, except one of the dudes playing as chad smacked jason and he fell to his knees anyway and tommy got the kill prompt.

Basically, it stops jason from having his usual freeze, but if the person with the sewater is doing the "jason, listen to mother" bit and all the other requirements are met, the Jason can be knocked to his knees.

YES, please! It's happened to me countless times, me and my friends will often go into public matches trying to kill Jason, and so many times, when we try to use the sweater Jason will morph/shift through it.

This change needs to happen at some point, I don't care if it's now, Christmas, or January of next year, this needs to be changed.

I had one player use the sweater and then disconnect because rage I guess because I was wiping the counselors.

All I have to say.

We're looking into the issues regarding Pamela's Sweater interactions.
There are a lot of reports in this thread saying Jason is also able to use Shift to cause this bug - is there any footage of this happening specifically with Shift and NOT Morph?

Recently after the Friday 13th patch i noticed i will press Y to activate the sweater and it will not go off.  It costed us 2 Jason kills during the double exp weekend.  

• Like 2

On 10/18/2017 at 3:19 PM, Daneasaur said:

Actually ,there is something to add about this.

I made a topic about a rage quitting jason who quit before Tommy's kill animation was finished, robbing the lobby of the exp and the achievement.

Said Jason was trying very hard to ensure this glitch happened where the sweater didn't work on him while he was shifting.

The person with the sweater used it and jason shifted a short ways away, seemingly uneffected, except one of the dudes playing as chad smacked jason and he fell to his knees anyway and tommy got the kill prompt.

Basically, it stops jason from having his usual freeze, but if the person with the sewater is doing the "jason, listen to mother" bit and all the other requirements are met, the Jason can be knocked to his knees.

I encountered this weird glitch sort of like that where someone used the sweater, hit maskless Jason with a bat, and nothing happened. The lobby was like “OH WELL BYE” and ran off into the woods. A few minutes later the same person who hit him with the bat and who used the sweater hit him with the same bat at a campfire and THEN he fell to his knees. Tommy was no where to be found so we couldn’t kill him, but literal minutes had passed after the sweater was used. Super strange. 

On 10/19/2017 at 10:43 PM, Neonseraphim said:

Recently after the Friday 13th patch i noticed i will press Y to activate the sweater and it will not go off.  It costed us 2 Jason kills during the double exp weekend.  

This. It has happened to me 3 times now. Was even in a room with a friend who was Jason told him, and he's OK i'll stand here and we tried like for 30 seconds and he's like sorry dude gotta go kill. So this is definitely a bug. We were in a private and just warming up and I was going to let a few new guys who's never seen the animation kill me and the dude with the sweater tried for over 5 minutes to stun me, not once would it work.