TimmyJarvis

Roadmap educated guess

53 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

 

@Alkavian you could be right about Retro Jason being one of the "new" Jasons. But that'd be a real scumbag move on their part. So I'll give then the benefit of the doubt for now.

Your setting yourself up for a massive heart break.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's a Halloween update it'll likely be Fox and possibly the Leaked Lingerie clothing since it was on the site update leak along with the Jarvis House.

They likely held Fox back on purpose for that reason to have something to give on Halloween. Which is fine, I get it. No real issue with it.

I just hope Adam gets a sexy attire for the Lingerie clothing pack and not more BS like the Swimsuit outfit. I'm pretty much expecting friggin boxer shorts and a wife beater at this point instead of shirtless and briefs/bikini briefs like near every edgy guy wore in the movies :/

Meanwhile of course Chad is gonna get some kind of silk thong or some nonsense.....-_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'll post my predictions because why not.

Next map will be an abandoned camp. Next Jason releases not too much longer afterwards, but still a good amount of time which leads me to believe that this Jason is not tied to the map. I believe this Jason will be Jason X (pre uber).

Followed by Roy and Pinehurst releasing early 2018.

@Alkavian you could be right about Retro Jason being one of the "new" Jasons. But that'd be a real scumbag move on their part. So I'll give then the benefit of the doubt for now.

I would be totally fine with the abandoned camp. Retro being counted on the roadmap would suck, but I think it is a probable conclusion given what has been said. I do hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Tattooey said:

Your setting yourself up for a massive heart break.

Almost certainly.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, undrtkr said:

People seem to only be focused on the multiplayer aspect of the game. With single player there is a WHOLE TON of new content that can and I'm sure will be released. Which means several years and not just one. Wes and Randy have also said content and additions don't end with the current road map so I don't why people get the impression that content will end when the road map ends. The current road map is just a general idea of what we will get in the next year. 

Interesting. Where did they say this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2017 at 1:11 AM, Alkavian said:

Wes mentioned it on a different site. Can't remember which one. There is a link buried somewhere on the forums.

It was stated by Wes on his Twitter.

I think Retro Jason will be next one on road map. And I also agree with Roy being one after that. May add Crispin Glover, Ted Dead Fuck, Demon, Victor, or another troubled teen from that movie for a new counselor. Pinehurst is probably the map. Then go sequentially until around Part 8 or 9. 9 would be cool for Voorhees Manor.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad @wes said that, as it goes without saying, many of us are in this for the long haul - my wallet is moth-free and always ready to be opened. :) 

I'm hoping they decide to release additional mission packs for Single Player as paid DLC. For example, if they continue to release maps after the roadmap is completed (and the single player component is released) we could get new missions on the subsequent maps that follow. 

They've said all maps for multiplayer will be free. Which is an excellent way of keeping the community intact...but I would happily pay for new single player missions on new maps. Sure everybody would agree. ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I have to say is...

1. I hope they don't count retro Jason as a 'new' Jason since they never said he was going to a 'new' Jason, only revamped to be his own thing. Which hopefully includes a more 8 bit look for the mask at least. His mask should look a lot like the blue mask in the game or close to it but not exactly for licensing reasons.

2. Have the balls to give NES Jason this loadout, which more or less perfectly matches the NES game

+ Can Run

+ Morph

+ Shift

- Traps

- Weapon Strength

- Destruction

He's literally the FASTEST Jason in the game. Matching his NES counterpart that moved at the speed of light later on in the game. His tradeoffs are he's the weakest Jason up close. Takes around 7 hits to break down a door, 7 or more to melee a counselor to death and obviously...the killer trap weakness.

Oh...and Fox is a character ripped directly from the films. If they aren't going to use Tina down the road as an alternate hero character with a totally different gameplay outlook. Just have Fox swap out for Tommy, even though she is a thug obviously, but still. She can be the hero here in non canon form.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

We need Pamela after all this.

Why?

I'm not criticizing you for wanting her as so many others on this forum do as well, I've just never understood why there is such a groundswell for Pamela. So I'm kinda just looking for reasons why people want her in the game.

Is it a completionist thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pamela is the orgin, so yeah it's probably a completion thing. 

Also, I did a little work up for Pamela:

  • + Run (She has the speed of Kenny and the stamina bar of Tommy)
  • + Stalk or Sense
  • + Traps
  • - Weapon Destruction
  • - Grip Strength
  • - Stun Resistance

Other attributes of Pamela:

  • She should not show up as a Red dot on the map unless marked with a flare gun: Since in the movie counselors ran to her for help because she looked normal and non threatening and pretended to be nice
  • Music should not play when she is around, one of her strengths is that people didn't recognize her as a killer and thought she was there to help
  • She can be killed much easier(which is a downfall), but only by "The Final Girl" (Who must be the last one alive and also have a machete. This means if the last person alive was a girl she could get in a combat stance showdown with the killer.
  • She starts weaponless but can pick up any weapons the counselors can(like the axe in the shack right away). Then instead of having 3 kills that you can unlock with her, it's just one and it's called weapon context kill. Then depending on which weapon you have you'd perform a different kill. This unfortunately also means it would take the same amount of hits on a counselor to kill them as it did for counselors to kill each other

Final Thoughts:

  • Since she is easily stunned, starts with no weapon, counselors can break out fairly easily  and can be killed with almost no requirements, this killer is not for the casual player but for people who have perfected their Jason game play and want to challenge it more
  • Still has to have some advantage like her running and incredible stalk abilities/not appearing as a killer/no music

@rickyount02 These are just my thoughts and a quick work up(might be very flawed) but this thought or idea in my head of how they could implement her is what has me excited at the hope she comes into the game.

@GunMedia_Ben, @Kodiak, @JPops, @wes what do you guys think? Is this a slightest possibility?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

 

@Alkavian you could be right about Retro Jason being one of the "new" Jasons. But that'd be a real scumbag move on their part. 

and exactly what they'll do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PsychBam said:

Pamela is the orgin, so yeah it's probably a completion thing. 

Also, I did a little work up for Pamela:

  • + Run (She has the speed of Kenny and the stamina bar of Tommy)
  • + Stalk or Sense
  • + Traps
  • - Weapon Destruction
  • - Grip Strength
  • - Stun Resistance

Other attributes of Pamela:

  • She should not show up as a Red dot on the map unless marked with a flare gun: Since in the movie counselors ran to her for help because she looked normal and non threatening and pretended to be nice
  • Music should not play when she is around, one of her strengths is that people didn't recognize her as a killer and thought she was there to help
  • She can be killed much easier(which is a downfall), but only by "The Final Girl" (Who must be the last one alive and also have a machete. This means if the last person alive was a girl she could get in a combat stance showdown with the killer.
  • She starts weaponless but can pick up any weapons the counselors can(like the axe in the shack right away). Then instead of having 3 kills that you can unlock with her, it's just one and it's called weapon context kill. Then depending on which weapon you have you'd perform a different kill. This unfortunately also means it would take the same amount of hits on a counselor to kill them as it did for counselors to kill each other

Final Thoughts:

  • Since she is easily stunned, starts with no weapon, counselors can break out fairly easily  and can be killed with almost no requirements, this killer is not for the casual player but for people who have perfected their Jason game play and want to challenge it more
  • Still has to have some advantage like her running and incredible stalk abilities/not appearing as a killer/no music

@rickyount02 These are just my thoughts and a quick work up(might be very flawed) but this thought or idea in my head of how they could implement her is what has me excited at the hope she comes into the game.

@GunMedia_Ben, @Kodiak, @JPops, @wes what do you guys think? Is this a slightest possibility?

I really like most of these ideas. Especially the final showdown one. I don't think that cutting out the music entirely is a good call, though. I get the rationale behind it, but you've got to keep in mind that the match starts with the killer revealing his/her presence, so the fake-out doesn't really make sense past that point. However, I'm all for putting Stalk as one of her strength and not having her show up as a red marker on the map. After all, in a dimly lit camp ground, she's far less conspicuous than her near 7' tall, hockey-mask-wearing son. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Malken said:

 I get the rationale behind it, but you've got to keep in mind that the match starts with the killer revealing his/her presence, so the fake-out doesn't really make sense past that point. 

You make a good point, perhaps just making the music range a lot smaller? Like the radius of a large cabin?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

You make a good point, perhaps just making the music range a lot smaller? Like the radius of a large cabin?  

That would work. She'd basically be be operating under the radar until she's right on top of you, which is totally her MO. It isn't too OP either, because all of her weaknesses are entirely focused on direct confrontation. I like it.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, it feels like it'd be a good balance.
I was debating on whether or not to include the ability to climb through windows but I felt that'd be too much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Right, it feels like it'd be a good balance.
I was debating on whether or not to include the ability to climb through windows but I felt that'd be too much

I was just thinking the same thing myself. At first I imagined her playing basically like a counselor, but the more I thought about the less it made sense balance-wise (though I still get a chuckle thinking about stealing objective parts from cabins and having the other players wondering where the hell they are).

How about Rage boosting her speed a little, instead of allowing her to plow through doors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think on Halloween we'll get Fox, Retro Jason as his own Jason with three unique weapon kills, and we'll get new environment kills for the Jarvis House map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malken said:

How about Rage boosting her speed a little, instead of allowing her to plow through doors?

Increase her top speed for run and shift.
Yeah, windows and grabbing parts would be too counselorish. I'd just keep it at showing up as a white circle unless marked and using counselor weapons.
When I was writing out that little work up for her I as like dang, I wish this was real, I'd be leaving work early to go play that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deathbat96777 said:

I think on Halloween we'll get Fox, Retro Jason as his own Jason with three unique weapon kills, and we'll get new environment kills for the Jarvis House map. 

God, I hope we do get some environment kills for those houses. They look great right now, but you can't do much with them as Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boom box is in one of the houses if I'm not mistaken, similar to  that of which Paul Phoenix showed a demo of in one of his videos, which a lot of people speculate is a single player kill, but I don't see why it couldn't be a normal environment kill. Same thing with Jason killing Chad on the stove, or killing Chad with a knife. Yes, it's obviously single player kills, but I don't see why they couldn't be environment kills in the in game as well. You obviously can't make Chad cook food on a stove, but you could definitely put a stove in one of the maps or put a random knife on the counter, hence triggering either as an environment kill. And the boom box itself is a no brainer, it could exist simultaneously in either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

Why?

I'm not criticizing you for wanting her as so many others on this forum do as well, I've just never understood why there is such a groundswell for Pamela. So I'm kinda just looking for reasons why people want her in the game.

Is it a completionist thing?

Yes, she was the original Friday the 13th killer. Playing as her would've a unique challenge and experience that Jason doesn't offer/have.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

Why?

I'm not criticizing you for wanting her as so many others on this forum do as well, I've just never understood why there is such a groundswell for Pamela. So I'm kinda just looking for reasons why people want her in the game.

Is it a completionist thing?

Friday the 13th as a series we all love wouldn't even exist without her. She was the original. Her reveal was groundbreaking at the time as well. Having the frail innocent mother character be the viscious killer in a horror film was mostly unheard of at the time.

Jason is also extensively tied to his mother. She's referenced in multiple sequels, even in Freddy vs Jason has her appear(yes i know it's freddy) and bring him back from hell.

She's not just a one off, forgotten memory. She's just as much a part of Friday the 13th as Jason is.

That's why so many people want her in.

The fact she WOULD completely change how the killer plays and thus add a fresh take to the game is also a huge appeal.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2017 at 9:19 AM, Splatterhouse said:

I don't and haven't really played multiplayer games apart from this one. When we get the next two maps, that'll make six maps in total (I love the variation of the smaller maps - but not going to count them as completely different maps, they're "lite" versions of existing maps). I was wondering what is around the average for the total number of maps in a multiplayer games these days? 

I don't like talking about it and I like to think it's behind me, in my past, but I shamefully once owned and played Modern Warfare 2 for a couple of weeks *shudders* . I remember there was about six maps in that game...is that still the average?

I guess what I'm asking is - would six maps be the probable benchmark for this game, or could we expect more? I hope they don't decide to close the book after two more maps. They've said this will be the be all and end all of F13 games - and there won't be a sequel, I've enjoyed the last two years of buzz....and I'm gonna hate the day new content ends. :( 

 

Uh normally each Call of Duty game as around 12 to 16 default maps and about 4 dlc maps per dlc packs.

Here's a list of all maps from all COD games. http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Maps

Battlefield 4 had 10 default maps and 5 dlc packs each having 4 dlc maps.

Dice's Star Wars Battlefront 1 had 8 default maps. (no dlc maps i think)

So depending on how well things will go as time goes on and if the developpers have enough budget,you might see mininum 10 maps or more if things goes well...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

Why?

I'm not criticizing you for wanting her as so many others on this forum do as well, I've just never understood why there is such a groundswell for Pamela. So I'm kinda just looking for reasons why people want her in the game.

Is it a completionist thing?

Because Pamela is a huge part of the lore. In my opinion she is scarier then Jason. You can run into someone like Pamela in the real world. Undead, zombie axe murderers not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pamela should be added eventually. Whether its the singleplayer side of things or multiplayer.

There is no Jason without Pamela.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now