TimmyJarvis

Roadmap educated guess

53 posts in this topic

Before Halloween we get second counselor, kills and clothes obviously.  Before Christmas we get fast paced Jarvis map and everything else at some point, and soon after we get the retro redux Jason. Final Jason and map are parts 5.  

I'm not so sure we'll get all that before Halloween. That's not far off.

They have stated there won't be a small Jarvis map. The next Jason should be the revamped Retro.

7 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

They have stated there won't be a small Jarvis map. The next Jason should be the revamped Retro.

Where did they said there won't be a small Jarvis map?

Wes mentioned it on a different site. Can't remember which one. There is a link buried somewhere on the forums.

Do we know for certain that at the end of the road map there will be more new stuff? Or is that it?

No reason to believe they'd stop adding content at that point unless the game isn't making money anymore.

2 minutes ago, shady16 said:

im fairly sure the next jason with map will be jason x

I highly doubt they would add a spaceship, if that's what you're suggesting, when there are still plenty of campground maps that can still be included and which would be far easier to include.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

I highly doubt they would add a spaceship, if that's what you're suggesting, when there are still plenty of campground maps that can still be included and which would be far easier to include.

its already been confirmed somewhere that the grendal with jason x is confirmed

4 minutes ago, shady16 said:

I have never heard that.

4 minutes ago, shady16 said:

Somewhere, eh?

Odds are they won't continue once the map is done as the game will be over a year old.  Maybe, but I would assume the road map is a good indicator of what we'll get in the game's life time.  As regards next release...

I doubt we'll see anything for October but there's a small chance we could get a Halloween release because it's, well, Halloween, a good time for a horror game and because I've seen other games like to hold something back for a quick DLC release after the hard copy hits stores as a way to make new players think they're super on the ball and generous.  I can think of a few games that had a 'free' map or the like drop within the first few weeks of release.  So maybe.  Not holding my breath for anything more this month tho.

I don't and haven't really played multiplayer games apart from this one. When we get the next two maps, that'll make six maps in total (I love the variation of the smaller maps - but not going to count them as completely different maps, they're "lite" versions of existing maps). I was wondering what is around the average for the total number of maps in a multiplayer games these days? 

I don't like talking about it and I like to think it's behind me, in my past, but I shamefully once owned and played Modern Warfare 2 for a couple of weeks *shudders* . I remember there was about six maps in that game...is that still the average?

I guess what I'm asking is - would six maps be the probable benchmark for this game, or could we expect more? I hope they don't decide to close the book after two more maps. They've said this will be the be all and end all of F13 games - and there won't be a sequel, I've enjoyed the last two years of buzz....and I'm gonna hate the day new content ends. :( 

10 hours ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Before Halloween we get second counselor, kills and clothes obviously.  Before Christmas we get fast paced Jarvis map and everything else at some point, and soon after we get the retro redux Jason. Final Jason and map are parts 5.  

We've yet to receive more than one update per month so I don't foresee there being another until sometime in November*

Also remember, the jack-o-lantern and the snowflake on the road map DO NOT represent Halloween and Christmas. They're more landmarks signifying what season you're likely to see certain things.

*I'm wrong all the time with this stuff so clearly I know nothing.

8 hours ago, shady16 said:

No offense bud but you're going to have to provide some back up with that claim. 

That would require a boat load of work for the game developers to create a brand new setting like that. Maybe someday....

8 hours ago, shady16 said:

Not by a Dev. :)

There are plenty of over-eager fans willing to confirm just about anything to feed the hype.

They should open the kickerstarter back up. I'm pretty sure there will be more people willing to put money in this game to keep content flowing after the roadmap is done.

Also does anybody know the sales number for the physical copy of this game? It'll be a good barometer on how well the retail versions did.

2 people like this

well regardless if the grendal is coming or not jason x is coming and i feel the first jason on the roadmap might be part 5 because why would they consider the rework of retro a whole new jason? im feeling the final jason on the roadmap is jason x 

14 minutes ago, shady16 said:

well regardless if the grendal is coming or not jason x is coming and i feel the first jason on the roadmap might be part 5 because why would they consider the rework of retro a whole new jason? im feeling the final jason on the roadmap is jason x 

Because the Devs HAVE confirmed that is exactly what they are doing. Retro is being removed as a skin, in the near future, and being reinserted into the game as a unique Jason with his own abilities. That is why many of us are assuming the next Jason will be that updated Retro Jason on the roadmap.:D

I personally think the final Jason (on the roadmap) will be Part 5 and the appropriate map for that area. I highly doubt Jason X or Uber are going to be anywhere the roadmap currently shows...it requires too many new assets and development for the near term. I think the other map will probably be Camp Forest Green from Part 6 or Tina's place from Part 7.

Basically, New York, Lazerus, and Grendal will probably be next year sometime in my opinion. We'll probably only see stuff around Crystal Lake and nearby forests for the time being.

2 hours ago, Archgamer said:

They should open the kickerstarter back up. I'm pretty sure there will be more people willing to put money in this game to keep content flowing after the roadmap is done.

I would back the game again for future content beyond the roadmap.

2 people like this

People seem to only be focused on the multiplayer aspect of the game. With single player there is a WHOLE TON of new content that can and I'm sure will be released. Which means several years and not just one. Wes and Randy have also said content and additions don't end with the current road map so I don't why people get the impression that content will end when the road map ends. The current road map is just a general idea of what we will get in the next year. 

6 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

We've yet to receive more than one update per month so I don't foresee there being another until sometime in November*

Also remember, the jack-o-lantern and the snowflake on the road map DO NOT represent Halloween and Christmas. They're more landmarks signifying what season you're likely to see certain things.

*I'm wrong all the time with this stuff so clearly I know nothing.

We shall see.  I do feel the snowflake could be seasonal, but will be shocked if jack o lantern is not Halloween no matter what has been said.  I also think of all months for two updates this is it.  It’s a horror game and Halloween is perfect time to drop content.  Plus next counselor is likely done or close as they showed her off, clothes cannot be that hard to add, and they were doing motion cap for kills a while ago I think.

8 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

We shall see.  I do feel the snowflake could be seasonal, but will be shocked if jack o lantern is not Halloween no matter what has been said.  I also think of all months for two updates this is it.  It’s a horror game and Halloween is perfect time to drop content.  Plus next counselor is likely done or close as they showed her off, clothes cannot be that hard to add, and they were doing motion cap for kills a while ago I think.

Your reasoning is sound. I have no rebuttal. 

One thing I notice on the road map is that it doesn't show when the dedicated servers will come. Word of mouth is mid November. So it doesn't show everything. Maybe this is also the case for the revised Retro Jason. The two upcoming Jasons made not be him.

I'll post my predictions because why not.

Next map will be an abandoned camp. Next Jason releases not too much longer afterwards, but still a good amount of time which leads me to believe that this Jason is not tied to the map. I believe this Jason will be Jason X (pre uber).

Followed by Roy and Pinehurst releasing early 2018.

@Alkavian you could be right about Retro Jason being one of the "new" Jasons. But that'd be a real scumbag move on their part. So I'll give then the benefit of the doubt for now.