Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UsedToBeARobot

Didn't hear Jason break down the door...

22 posts in this topic

I barricaded both doors of a cabin I was in and I heard Jason outside the cabin (the music that Jason makes when he's near). However, a minute went by and he just appears out of nowhere in the cabin. I didn't hear him break down the door like he has to when it's barricaded. 

My question is, how did he get into the cabin without me hearing him break down the door?

The player was using part 4 Jason if that matters at all. Could it be that the music for part 4 Jason drowns out the sound of breaking down the door, or is it possible that his Stalk ability can somehow do this?

Strange.

Possible that he was in the cabin already when you barricaded the doors.  

That happens to me a lot. If you're on the other side of a larger cabin you won't hear it at all. I've started standing where I can watch both doors. Just make sure you have an open window nearby.

2 people like this

He wasn't, I was playing on Higgins Haven and spawned right next to the cabin by one of the cars. I immediately went into the nearby cabin and barricaded both doors. Then seconds later I hear Jason's music. As I'm searching through the cabin, he enters the room I'm in and caught me by surprise.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

That happens to me a lot. If you're on the other side of a larger cabin you won't hear it at all. I've started standing where I can watch both doors. Just make sure you have an open window nearby.

It was a larger cabin so that makes sense. Although I haven't had it happen before until today.

It only takes him two to three hits to open a barricaded door, so if he was at the opposite end of a big cabin you won't hear it. 

I've found that when I wear headphones, that happens to me a lot.  When I use my home theater system, I have not run into that.  Not sure if that's your issue but just a thought.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Deeify said:

I've found that when I wear headphones, that happens to me a lot.  When I use my home theater system, I have not run into that.  Not sure if that's your issue but just a thought.

Good point but I don't use headphones, I have a soundbar hooked up to my tv and I always hear Jason break down a door until today, lol. 

53 minutes ago, UsedToBeARobot said:

Good point but I don't use headphones, I have a soundbar hooked up to my tv and I always hear Jason break down a door until today, lol. 

Hmm...console?

I noticed this being deep in a house with the rain effect the first time. Just repositioned to hear doors afterwards.

I have noticed recently that if Jason is in Stalk mode, you can barely hear the door breaking. Same thing happened to me a couple times since last patch. Wasn't just levels with rain either. Maybe that is it, especially with him taking 4 hits to take down a barricades door, you may have been deep enough in the cabin you didn't hear it.

2 hours ago, Deeify said:

Hmm...console?

Yes I play on console

44 minutes ago, UsedToBeARobot said:

Yes I play on console

Check your console's audio settings.  It could be set to surround sound when your sound bar is stereo.

Although, I might think what everyone else is saying is true.  With the new rain mod, it could be obscuring the break noise.

I pointed this out at least a month ago under the impression that it was a bug/ audio glitch, but was told "that's how it is".  This still hasn't either been adressed by any dev OR fixed if it is a bug.  If I can hear windows at the other side of the cabin being broken or hear a car outside starting up (with me at the furthest end of a large cabin), why can't I hear doors being broken?  Even if you are staring at Jason burst through the furthest door you can't hear it.  Apparently, sound is only a thing if it is NOT involving a door or if you are three feet away from an assault on a door.

5 hours ago, Truth said:

Is this a bug or intentional?

1 hour ago, Anonymous said:

bug

13 hours ago, Anonymous said:

I think it's intentional. You're a decent distance away so I don't think you should hear it. Plus I think stalk has an impact on it as well.

It happens to me sometimes. I think the rain helps to mask the sound.

In general, I think there should be more sounds to trace Jason around you, like steps (can we hear it? At least, I never heard. Maybe I'm a bit deaf?). Several times Jason walks pretty close to me and I only notice him by visual contact. I think we should be able to hear him coming.

not sure what happened to u but sometimes when i play as jason i'll shift inside the cabin and watch as the counselor barricade the door while im standing right behind them...after a chase of course....

1 person likes this

Aside from the door problem, you DO always hear him coming (before Stalk).  Before he even starts hitting any windows or doors, if he is walking around a cabin outside, you can hear him stomping around.  Only now with the recent patch does Stalk work properly, eliminating all sounds Jason makes (aside from actively hitting something or pulling a throwing knife out of a wall).

8 minutes ago, slvrs said:

It happens to me sometimes. I think the rain helps to mask the sound.

In general, I think there should be more sounds to trace Jason around you, like steps (can we hear it? At least, I never heard. Maybe I'm a bit deaf?). Several times Jason walks pretty close to me and I only notice him by visual contact. I think we should be able to hear him coming.

You can clearly hear Jason's footsteps when he's nearby and not in stalk mode.

17 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

I pointed this out at least a month ago under the impression that it was a bug/ audio glitch, but was told "that's how it is".  This still hasn't either been adressed by any dev OR fixed if it is a bug.  If I can hear windows at the other side of the cabin being broken or hear a car outside starting up (with me at the furthest end of a large cabin), why can't I hear doors being broken?  Even if you are staring at Jason burst through the furthest door you can't hear it.  Apparently, sound is only a thing if it is NOT involving a door or if you are three feet away from an assault on a door.

This.  I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I prefer the days when we were able to hear Jason break a door down anywhere in the cabin.