AJ_isoverrated

Some strength stat changes to make it more viable

Surely everyone can agree with me that the Strength is the most useless stat in the game,it serves absolutely no purpose other than knocking off Jason's mask which unless you are trying to kill Jason is completely useless as well.

With the stun timer glitch that occurred before the latest patch,it made me think what if

More strength= more stun time

(All of these should vary with perks but the default stun time should be this)

So for example a Jenny (1 strength),if she hits Jason with a bat it only stuns him for 4 seconds. 

Kenny (5 strength) stuns Jason for 7 seconds

Adam (8 strength) stuns Jason for 9 seconds

And bugzy the strongest character can stun Jason for 10.5 seconds 

And with epic version of heavy hitter perk, it may be op for bugzy or Adam to stun him for 16/20 seconds so they can make it that Jason can't get stunned for longer than 13 seconds 

And the stronger the character,the more chance of knocking Jason out flat with a machete or a wrench.

It kind of annoys me when I hit Jason with a machete as Adam twice and he only flinches yet I would hit him with aj and he would get knocked out.

• Like 1

This would cripple Jenny's usefulness. I'm planning on writing an article on her soon (I wanted to wait until I could sort through all the changes that happened so far), but one of her major uses is being able to stun Jason repeatedly with the baseball bat; it has a nigh-guaranteed change to stun so long as you don't hit Jason during his stun invulnerability frame rates.

She's terrible at repairs, she isn't fast, and while her luck does slightly reduce the amount of noise she makes it ultimately doesn't stop her from making noise while she jogs. Her ability to fight Jason off while utilziing her high luck is one of her biggests assets. If her baseball bats stuns now last a pathetic four seconds, that's not enough time for her to even get a decent head start due to her low speed (she matches Eric for speed, and we all know how slow he is). There would essentially be no reason to pick Jenny anymore because she would no longer do anything remotely useful since her ability to fight Jason is crippled.

As it is now, strength has its uses. It's not great, but Buggzy/Adam were designed for Kill Jason comps. Furthermore, Adam has decent repair while Buzzgy has excellent speed/stamina, and both of them make a lot of noise that can draw Jason's attention away from others. The fact they possess a situationally useful stat doesn't change their roles one bit, and they're both solid picks under the right circumstances.

Strength already increases stun time but it's minimal at best. Another thing it does is help break free from Jason grab and freeing yourself quicker from bear traps.

They could tie in carrying parts with the strength stat. Carrying the parts would give a speed penalty, and moreso for weaker characters. I don't agree with stunning Jason for over 10 seconds. 9 seconds is too much, 7 is pushing it. I do think stun time should be effected by strength but not to such a large degree. Strength could also effect weapon swing speed.

I think it would be fine for strength characters to stun Jason for longer, keep in mind with the exception of Tommy they all have poor luck so their baseball bats, the only weapons guaranteed to stun, will break pretty much instantly. It creates a dilemma as to whether you want lots of stuns (better for evading Jason for long periods of time) or longer stuns, which are better for when you need to get the car restarted or the phone repaired.

On 17/10/2017 at 1:41 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They could tie in carrying parts with the strength stat. Carrying the parts would give a speed penalty, and moreso for weaker characters. I don't agree with stunning Jason for over 10 seconds. 9 seconds is too much, 7 is pushing it. I do think stun time should be effected by strength but not to such a large degree. Strength could also effect weapon swing speed.

How dare you. How dare you! No way. Little Deb is already slow enough to be even slower. Same goes to the other fixers. Playing them would be a bore.

• Like 1