Cokeyskunk

Typical conversation when entering a new group

75 posts in this topic

*Game starts. Placed in a group of 5-6 others*

Me: "Whoa, full group here. How's it goin', everybody?"

Someone else: "Yo, shut the f*ck up, b*tch!!"

Me:  . . . . . . . 

Am I the only one this happens to on a fairly regular basis?

I get this occasionally. I just remember name and if I’m Jason they go first. If I’m a counselor it’s either the car or the shotgun depending on pub or private ;)

1 person likes this

If you are going into private games with shit like this, you got some terrible friends/ players you know and need new ones.  Public is just an extension of the dregs of Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook (you know, those nice friendly places to meet people and have healthy conversations).  

1 person likes this

I got a headset for this game and I'm sometimes scared how mean people are ;(

1 person likes this

Surprisingly very little of that for me on XBone.  Almost EVERY game, I get a cracky child's voice saying: "Does anyone have a mic?".

Haha, yes!!  Either that or I get someone baiting me and trash talking me, because I'm level 101 and they're Level 30 something, and they're better than me, and I shouldn't be playing the game, I have no girlfriend, I suck, blah blah blah...LOL!!
Most of the time, they're trying to get Youtube famous.  I don't care enough to respond.  Yea, I'm Level 101, I play this game a lot and it's all in the name of fun.  I'm not a super serious "I'm the greatest F13 player in the world".  I think having that attitude gets them more annoyed.  I tend to wait to see who I'm dealing with before starting to chat.

Yeah i have a mic but don't use it. It's often just kids being abusive / trash talking and all the time I am wondering if their parents have a hearing disability.

Only 1 occasion I lost my rag with a kid that was being a spoilt child because I wouldn't give him the battery I found. I happened to have both sets of keys on me so I dumped them off the edge of the map purely out of spite.

3 people like this

30 minutes ago, Deeify said:

Surprisingly very little of that for me on XBone.  Almost EVERY game, I get a cracky child's voice saying: "Does anyone have a mic?".

^Fact^

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

^Fact^

When they ask me that I just say no

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Deeify said:

OMG, yes! Same on PS4! I'm getting TONS of British kids on this game. I actually have a ten-year-old son in 5th grade I wouldn't let anywhere NEAR this game, yet there are 7 and 8 year olds playing constantly. 

I told one British kid he sounded like "Peppa Pig," which evoked a huge round of laughter from what apparently was his entire family watching him play. Nice. Hope they're proud of their parental choices.

Its usually a rare occasion to find a party full of mics but sometimes you do have that one asshole. Most of the time its some kid running his mouth that will rage quit when you kill him. Just take solace in knowing they wont stick around.

The real dilemma is do you mute them? Or leave them unmuted in case youre Jason since you know they wont shut up? lol 

14 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Or leave them unmuted in case youre Jason since you know they wont shut up? lol 

Perhaps that's why they do it? They hope everyone will mute them, thereby giving them an advantage because they can't hear them as Jason?

I've been playing since launch and the worst I usually have to deal with are jerks who keep music or tv blaring in the background as an intentional annoyance. On occasion there are punks running their mouth to everyone / trolling, but honest to god they always sound like puberty is a couple years off still, and mute resolves that quickly.  

In general, I find most pre-round talking revolves around people trying to ascertain how many have mikes.  I also find that many people with mikes genuinely enjoy the subject matter and just like to banter / laugh.  And overall, I think the banter is much more sociable than in games like COD.  

If I'm not playing with forum members, I start a party so I don't have to listen to the bs.

12 minutes ago, JayBone Greenly said:

If I'm not playing with forum members, I start a party so I don't have to listen to the bs.

Party chat is cheating. 

I get why you do it though.

4 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

If you are going into private games with shit like this, you got some terrible friends/ players you know and need new ones.  Public is just an extension of the dregs of Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook (you know, those nice friendly places to meet people and have healthy conversations).  

I'm purely public right now as I'm too new. I do need more PS4 friends.  :( 

Never had much problem with conversation in public matches. Most players only conversate during in-game matches purely over objectives or assistance. I find it easy to stir up a conversation after playing 1 match, then I comment about the match or theFriday the 13th movies or food....  I also notice people talk a lot more if there's a girl in the lobby

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

I also notice people talk a lot more if there's a girl in the lobby

Indeed. A girl voice speaks in a game, and suddenly all other players turn into little Harvey Weinsteins. Hard to imagine attempting to use a video game version of "Friday the 13th" as a hook-up medium.

1 person likes this

If someone keeps coughing into their mic or uses annoying noises as a sound check, mute.  If I hear a squeaker babbling or excessive tryhard badass cursing, mute.  If I hear shitty music or tv noise, mute.  Yelling, mute.  If I basically hear people I know are going to be useless in the game yakking about nothing in particular, mute.

You know what the worst is? when a baby is crying in the background. like omg. get off the fucking game system and take care of your baby

2 people like this

Just give them a very calm nice drawn out shhhhh. Don’t acknowledge them directly. Just shhh very calmly. I guarantee you will piss them off more then team killing.

2 people like this

It's so hard to find a actual adult group with communication and who aren't rude. I'm on Xbox and use the LFG feature and I swear almost 95% of games I join with the "Adults Only" tag are teenagers and not actual adults. They may not have squeaky voices but they can be just as immature as the kids that play. I really wish they would make their own tags in LFG and add "Teenagers Only" or something so I don't have to waste my time. 

Best one yet for me has been the guy who was picked as Jason, and spent the entire match porting Liberty Prime's lines from Fallout 4 through his mic. Hilarious.

couple more good ones...

squeaker yells for his mom and tells her to get him a can of lemonade lol

squeaker yells he has to take a dump but he wants to wait to see if he gets picked as jason so he yells to his mom for baby wipes. Proceeds to scream its coming out lol

2 people like this