Sign in to follow this  
Mike32q

Make Counselors Playable for Single Player and Offline Mode

Guys,

I understand that programming an AI Jason would take lots of time, effort, and money, but please consider making counselors playable for Single Player and Offline Mode. You could always make smaller versions of each map so they are not as large making programming for Jason more difficult than need be. It would really make stealth, survival, and fighting Jason fun and tense!

• Like 3

Being able to play as counselors in single player/offline mode is definitely something I want to see added eventually but they should focus on other things first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, #jasonlives said:

@Mike32q and @ChadFace not to be an asshole but check the road map on the f13 website and search the forums they've already confirmed it. No AI Jason tho just counselors.

Don't mean they won't add it later.

53 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Don't mean they won't add it later.

True but they did say we've all seen advanced AI bug out and that it wouldn't be scary or fun. They could possibly add it but I wouldn't bet on it

I wish Counselors are for offline when they release it for Jason. Imagine how awesome that would be. Be a big surprise for us fans to have both offline bots.  But we not that lucky for it to happen. I still cant wait for offline mode to release.

A game that depends solely on multiplayer is doomed to be forgotten once no one plays.

Single player keeps the game going.

Anything you do in multiplayer you should be able to do in single player.  AI Jason being "too hard" seems a cop-out.  I'm a game dev as well, and yes AI programming is not easy, but its most certainly attainable.  It is probably the most enjoyable part of game development for me ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auticus said:

A game that depends solely on multiplayer is doomed to be forgotten once no one plays.

Nonsense. I still play Warhawk, a multi only game on PS3 that's been out for ten years.

Ok.  I've never heard of "warhawk".  There are still people that play warhammer online on private servers.  Doesn't mean that the game is not dead and the public hasn't largely forgotten it.

Edge cases of players playing dead games doesn't mean that the game isn't dead, unless we are getting uber pedantic.

I'm pretty sure they can do a dumb down version of AI Jason. Just have him run around and chase you. Break doors and windows. Don't code him to morph or use any of his abilities. Because thats where the trouble begins. This could work for running Jasons. The fast walkers won't help here unfortunately.

i'd like an offline counselor mode as well.I'd rather have a dumb Jason to try to kill,but i could see others benefitting from the practice mode.I always have a hard time memorizing the maps,due to my learning disability and my memory problems,so the practice mode wouldn't really help me,in that respect.

Agreed

On 10/15/2017 at 4:49 PM, Mike32q said:

Guys,

I understand that programming an AI Jason would take lots of time, effort, and money, but please consider making counselors playable for Single Player and Offline Mode. You could always make smaller versions of each map so they are not as large making programming for Jason more difficult than need be. It would really make stealth, survival, and fighting Jason fun and tense!

Agreed.  Just start the game as the only survivor and your only goal is to survive! One big cabin with a few hiding spots outside. Jason will be more poweful in this mode.  Stalk is always on and can pick up weapons and other objects.

An offline mode for counselors would be ideal. As far as the future, who knows what to expect? If it happens, I'll be happy. If it doesn't I'll make do with multiplayer.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

An offline mode for counselors would be ideal. As far as the future, who knows what to expect? If it happens, I'll be happy. If it doesn't I'll make do with multiplayer.

i'm hoping it does happen.If not,i'll just be playing the offline Jason mode then.Don't really like the online mode at all.I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The reason why it’s so hard is because they didn’t even make the AI for the counselors its actually a game add on they paid $80 in backer money for on the unreal engine store

6 hours ago, JF13 said:

i'm hoping it does happen.If not,i'll just be playing the offline Jason mode then.Don't really like the online mode at all.I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I hear where you're coming from. I enjoy the online mode myself, but sometimes it would be nice to take a break from it and enjoy an offline option. I too, will keep my fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, Gojirafan03 said:

The reason why it’s so hard is because they didn’t even make the AI for the counselors its actually a game add on they paid $80 in backer money for on the unreal engine store

I heard about that. I know making AI from scratch is hard, as I've read a few articles on the subject.I've given a lot of thought on the matter, and I'm gonna study it in my spare time.

14 hours ago, Gojirafan03 said:

Yeah, but game development is so complex these days, so time consuming. Anything you can do to get things done faster, you will. Personally, so long as it works well, I don't care. Wonder if Tommy ever found what he was searching for in that drawer? :P

Would love to see a counselor offline mode. As cool as it is to play Jason, ultimately, we're more used to seeing things from the victims perspective as that's what the movies show us.

Fingers crossed it happens someday. :)

• Like 2

I would LOVE a single player counselor play mode for sure. I mostly play as Jason with the offline bots. Occasionally I will play as a counselor, but the community can be pretty terrible at times (as with any multi player game). 

I was surprised last night, I actually ran with several very good groups last night, made a few friends as well. But those play through's seem to few and is most likely rare to happen.

Love the game though! Will hope for an option like this to eventually happen.

I'd love it too, but not sure it will happen. Perhaps if the next paid DLCs fly off the shelves the possibility may be increased.