Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gtdjlocker311

Jarvis Map improvement

7 posts in this topic

The Jarvis map, while cool, is just too spread out.  Everyone I've played with agrees.  I like having a big map, but maybe there should be some more cabins to fill in all that blank space.

Any other ideas for how to improve the map, or do people think it's fine as is?  It's definitely Jason-friendly, which is not a bad thing, but I think it could be more balanced.

I actually like it.  I play mainly as a counselor.  I like how much work you have to put in to it.  It is creepy as hell with rain also.  

Open up the main road that is fenced in. Add more than only 2 phone house spawns. I dislike that sometimes it's a 2 seat car and boat. In fact, it actually is often. It is so spread out that it can make working as a team difficult due to distance. Add a radio next to the records in the Party house so I can dance by myself. Why is Shelly's clear mask here but not on Higgins??

More phone spawns, maybe use the next patch for "adding value to outer campfires", as previously stated, so you can rifle a duffel bag or two for stuff. At least some kind of "item cone" for objectives, even a large one- so batteries or props don't have to travel NW to SE across the entire map. I really like it, there's just so much incentive for Jason to camp the southern 20% of the map.

I love the design of the map (especially with the rain). Maybe it's just my bad luck, but I can NEVER seem to find anything useful on the map (keys, gas, battery, pocketknife etc..)

I love the design as well. A lot different... and I also enjoy when it’s the 2 seater and boat. Doesn’t always need to be 4 seater with it. That alone changes things up and requires different thoughts and strategies. Having different options like that keeps things more fresh

2 people like this

In my experience the phone always spawns on the south side and the car spawns there at least half the time too. The car can spawn at the 2 houses in 2 different spots, but the phone does not spawn at the 2 main houses. I realize they did that for balancing purposes so people can't call the cops from the middle of the map and have an easy way out, but I would like the possibility of the phone to spawn at the Jarvis residence, because Jason broke their phone box in the film.

Additionally they should add some items scattered between the cabins. And you can see Pamela's gravestone on the Jarvis map, which I'm happy for, but she's also buried at Higgins, so to remain consistent they should swap that grave stone with something else on the Higgins map.