gtdjlocker311

Small touches you wish would be implemented

31 posts in this topic

With the new patch, I noticed a small change that I find very helpful.  If your character is equipped with the medic perk, there is a small "2" on the icon for first aid spray when you pick it up, reminding you that you have 2 uses.

Along that same track, I wish the game would show you your selected perks when the round starts.  As a person who likes random counselors and plays them in different ways, it would be nice to be reminded of what perks I have at the beginning of the round.

Are there any small touches like that anyone else would like to see?

3 people like this

Different musical variations for the title screen, when the match begins and ends. The suspense music in game could also be mixed up a little. Would just keeps things a little fresher with a little more variation. There are so many Manfredini motifs that haven't been used - that could be. That airy synth sound he used in the early films, that piano riff from the early films etc.

"The airy synth sound" starts at 0.12 seconds and the piano motif at 0.22 in this piece:

Would fit the game sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo well. For me they are synonymous with the early films. Classic Friday stuff from Manfredini.

3 people like this

I think you have a great idea there. I would like an accessible perk menu or at least way to see what I have selected from the status screen. Also, I want to access my perk menu while spectating so I don't have to waste lobby time or sit at the main menu for a long time.

I think the Jason weapon wheel needs to be implemented. Select kills based on weapon. Not just by Jason. 

Something with the FPS to be fixed or updated. Seen a lot of lobbies with great ping yet plays laggy due to framerate issues. 

Change the cabins on Jarvis resisdence that don't have windows. Open up the main road that is blocked by a fence. Maybe change it to always a 4 seater if there is always a boat. Make another phone house location.

40 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Different musical variations for the title screen, when the match begins and ends. The suspense music in game could also be mixed up a little. Would just keeps things a little fresher with a little more variation. There are so many Manfredini motifs that haven't been used - that could be. That airy synth sound he used in the early films, that piano riff from the early films etc.

"The airy synth sound" starts at 0.12 seconds and the piano motif at 0.22 in this piece:

Would fit the game sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo well. For me they are synonymous with the early films. Classic Friday stuff from Manfredini.

This! This music is what the game needs! The current music sounds too digital and sterile and does not have the warm analog sound that builds suspenseful mood and tension in the way the original soundtrack does.

1 person likes this

Jason emotes.

The head tilt,the mask lift,the "Kane Hodder deep angry breathing"

10 people like this

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

Jason emotes.

The head tilt,the mask lift,the "Kane Hodder deep angry breathing"

This too!

50 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

That is my favourite F13 score. It would suit the game so well.

A Jason emote for a "sharp head turn" to the nearest counselor would be cool. Like when Kane would turn his head sharply for dramatic effect.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, zarakye said:

That is my favourite F13 score. It would suit the game so well.

It seems they might already have something similar. If you listen to 1.16 at the end of the game's official announcement trailer there is a similar sounding piece Harry has clearly re-produced. It's too modern sounding to be from his archive, and I don't recall hearing it in the game.

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

It seems they might already have something similar. If you listen to 1.16 at the end of the game's official announcement trailer there is a similar sounding piece Harry has clearly re-produced. It's too modern sounding to be from his archive, and I don't recall hearing it in the game.

Single player maybe? I'd imagine the single play challenges would have some new soundtracks.

I would like them to create a weapon wheel for Jason and thus use any weapon in any Jason

Not only this, but if you equip a weapon your appearance will change as Jason equips you, for example, any weapon that equips the Jason of part 7 has a mossy and rusty appearance (as if they had been underwater for a long time ), and so the thematic of the appearance of the weapons changes according to the Jason

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Tits and ass

This. ;))

I'd kinda like it if they brought back the slight-heavy breathing when counselors were jogging when at full stamina, and when it starts depleating. It felt a-bit more realistic when it was still in the game. (This was in the beta.)

Unique screams for each counselor during kill animations would be cool. It was like that in the trailers so idk why they wouldn't include it in the end. Right now I don't really get a "im about to get my balls chopped off by a lake monster" vibe from any of the counselors. They just kind of go "guh" or "oof" w/ AJ or Chad's sounds for girls/guys respectively.

1 person likes this

Jason's confused head nod.

Warp through walls ability for Jason.

Radio that calls Tommy Jarvis. The needels should move when using it and Jason should be able to destroy the radio.

Destructible sofas/tables/chairs. Jason can smash doors but not furniture apparently.

Assign emote to the PS4 touch pad by swiping.

Make quick play just play online and make a new quick play that creates a match from a pool of players so theirs no hanging around in the lobby waiting for some spunk trumpet to get ready.

2 people like this

On 16/10/2017 at 2:03 AM, Turtle said:

Unique screams for each counselor during kill animations would be cool. It was like that in the trailers so idk why they wouldn't include it in the end. Right now I don't really get a "im about to get my balls chopped off by a lake monster" vibe from any of the counselors. They just kind of go "guh" or "oof" w/ AJ or Chad's sounds for girls/guys respectively.

Yeah they do need to get proper voice actors in. Could have at least tried to got Kevin Bacon and Corey Feldman to do a few voices. They probably would done them for free, Its not like they are short of a few quid.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:59 PM, Splatterhouse said:

I thought each Jason had a different theme song that reflected which movie they were from? I swore I thought Part 4 had a new song and that it plays at the beginning of the match in the opening cinematic. I probably wrong, but if it isn't in the game then I hope it'll be integrated.

Change the home screen to either Random Jason's or your Last used Jason. I'm tired of part 3 getting all the screen time.

- Give Jason the ability to shut doors.   This is such a small change, and would really up the tension. imagine going to the Jarvis house to check the basement, you would have no idea if Jason is inside in stalk waiting for you.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

I thought each Jason had a different theme song that reflected which movie they were from? I swore I thought Part 4 had a new song and that it plays at the beginning of the match in the opening cinematic. I probably wrong, but if it isn't in the game then I hope it'll be integrated.

Yeah I was talking about the ambient, suspense music that plays in-game. At the moment we only have that one piece that slowly builds up (that many thought meant Jason was around at release). 

The airy synth sound was used in all of the original four films) and Part 7 I believe. 

The piano piece in Parts 1 and 3. 

Would fit the in-game suspense music perfectly. 

I would like it so that when the host leaves the match the game still goes on.

1 person likes this

How about a scare cat? You know in part 6(?) when the cat jumps out of the closet and scares the chick? What if a random cat hissed and ran across a cabin? 

On 16/10/2017 at 7:59 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

I think you have a great idea there. I would like an accessible perk menu or at least way to see what I have selected from the status screen. Also, I want to access my perk menu while spectating so I don't have to waste lobby time or sit at the main menu for a long time.

I also like the idea, and this one you've suggested too. It would be great to access the counselor and Jason screens in spectate, exactly for the reason that you don't need to hold up the lobby before the next match. That's a big reason for the waiting times. Matches really need to start faster, and something else I'd like to see is the host given the option to start a match as soon as they like after a certain grace period. Once they have decided to start, the countdown would begin which would account for anyone still rolling or equipping perks, choosing different counselor / Jason. 

On 16/10/2017 at 7:59 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

Change the cabins on Jarvis resisdence that don't have windows. Open up the main road that is blocked by a fence. Maybe change it to always a 4 seater if there is always a boat. Make another phone house location.

Jarvis map could do with many changes, but even something as simple as cutting out a chunk of dead space would already improve gameplay in it. The design honestly feels rushed. I've brought it up several times now and will keep bringing it up because the map is a disappointment to many players, despite looking really good and movie accurate. It could be a fantastic map with a bit of adjustment.

Selected perks displayed in-match for me.

I would like a smoother engine during shooting. The reticle feels sloppy and sometimes doesn't go where you aim. Do different counselors have better aim than others? What stat affects it?