MyNameisJason

Any info on Revised Retro Jason

75 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

I hope they just remove him.

He destroys the atmosphere. A purple and blue clown running around.

Liked.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Atmosphere (like the rain) is one thing, but the immersion took a hit (for me, anyway) as soon as 2,3,4 Chads/Nessas/AJs are in a lobby running together.  Its funny, but that breaks it just as much as a "purple monstrosity" does, but I've been over it for a while now.  I just want Retro to have music MUCH closer to the original NES game and I'd be happy with that (although it would probably come with some licensing fees). 

come on! it could be a twins, triplets and quads camp!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

I hope they just remove him.

He destroys the atmosphere. A purple and blue clown running around.

I'm all for Blueberry Muffin Jason being removed from the game. Being killed by Jason is one thing, but being killed by that Jason is embarrassing.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Brushed everything off like nothing? He looked pretty done in if you ask me. He slowed down alot after getting hit by Reggie. 

He didn't die from it is what I meant. He continue to assault them. Never had any intention to reveal himself or give up.

Even Jason is slowed down if he took enough beating. The human Jasons in particular.

The Retro Jason should stay in. If people like him then more power to them. Nothing wrong with more options. What I don't usually like is a Jason that talks non stop on the mic. That really breaks immersion.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, matisangry said:

blueberry jason is the worst. talk about running the immersion. 

Ha! That's ironic. I always called him "Breakfast Cereal Jason."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Oh well most that talk trash about him, didn't play NES game.

I'm an exception. I never played the NES game and I always use Retro Jason. 

13 hours ago, Yarmush said:

 

it's called nostalgia. If you want a scary game, play DBD or something else.

DbD is a fun game, but it is not scary when you discover the Killers are jokes (Behavior Interactive is still trying to make Killers even bigger jokes than they are). The next Killer is rumored to be a bastardized version of Freddy Krueger. Gun and Illfonic did a much better job with Jason and would've done a much better job with DbD's Killers. They would be near-unstoppable. It's probably done to please the causal, non-horror movie fans though. F13 has like 5k players on each console while DbD probably has like 9-10k because Killers aren't as powerful, making it easier for survivors to troll the Killer and mess around. 

 

2 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

I'm all for Blueberry Muffin Jason being removed from the game. Being killed by Jason is one thing, but being killed by that Jason is embarrassing.

That's nice. Guess if you'll be embarrassed if I kill you then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Ha! That's ironic. I always called him "Breakfast Cereal Jason."

boo berry jason is my other name for him. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He got "hit by Reggie"... driving a mini bulldozer, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2017 at 6:45 PM, matisangry said:

I'm guessing roy and jason x unless they plan on doing some new savini-style jason. they've already said FvJ  and the remake are off of the table and Pamela is very unlikely. 

Of all proposals, I would take Pamela over everything. To see her running around -- blue sweater, machete in hand, and hearing an echoed child's voice pleading, "Get 'em, Mommy! Kill 'em!" and her responding to him as she pursues them -- OMG, that would be simply incredible. I hope they don't just brush this off. 

 

On 16/10/2017 at 6:43 AM, MyNameisJason said:

Maybe if Gun gets enough of the bugs worked out and reel in enough cash for the necessary resources we may see Pamela in the distant future. Probably not gonna happen but one can dream. 

I kinda wish they'd make a "wish list" for all the things they'd love to add, but don't have the funds to do it -- then start another Kickstarter campaign to fund them. I, for one, would shell out to be able to play as Pamela someday.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope they aren't directing too much by way of resources for the revisions.  It was funny at first, but eventually got boring cause the color breaks the immersion up,

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he doesn't count as one of the "new jasons" on the map

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, agnes said:

I hope he doesn't count as one of the "new jasons" on the map

I second that hope, but am afraid it will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Of all proposals, I would take Pamela over everything. To see her running around -- blue sweater, machete in hand, and hearing an echoed child's voice pleading, "Get 'em, Mommy! Kill 'em!" and her responding to him as she pursues them -- OMG, that would be simply incredible. I hope they don't just brush this off. 

They haven't outright said "no" to pamela but they've all but said no - essentially, it would require way too much work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, matisangry said:

They haven't outright said "no" to pamela but they've all but said no - essentially, it would require way too much work.

That's how I have interpreted their position too.  And personally, I'm fine with no Pamela and prefer to keep her out. A group of counselors running together from a late middle aged skinny person just doesn't have the immersion factor to me.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Of all proposals, I would take Pamela over everything. To see her running around -- blue sweater, machete in hand, and hearing an echoed child's voice pleading, "Get 'em, Mommy! Kill 'em!" and her responding to him as she pursues them -- OMG, that would be simply incredible. I hope they don't just brush this off. 

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

That's nice. Guess if you'll be embarrassed if I kill you then. 

That would depend on whether you look like Blueberry Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matisangry said:

They haven't outright said "no" to pamela but they've all but said no - essentially, it would require way too much work.

No such thing as "too much work." Only the failure to see the rewards from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SDA said:

He got "hit by Reggie"... driving a mini bulldozer, right?

Yes. And it fucked him up pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2017 at 6:15 PM, TimmyJarvis said:

That's how I have interpreted their position too.  And personally, I'm fine with no Pamela and prefer to keep her out. A group of counselors running together from a late middle aged skinny person just doesn't have the immersion factor to me.    

You keep using that word. Were you completely unimmersed when watching the original Friday the 13th? In that film, a group of counselors were getting slaughtered systematically by a late middle-aged skinny person. Both Pamela and Jason were created by Victor Miller -- who refused any involvement with the franchise after the first film as he felt, and I quote, "the terror came from being stalked and massacred by someone you should be able to trust and would never expect to wish you harm." He hated the fact that Jason took over as the killer in the subsequent films and even offered to write a treatment for F13 Part 2, but with Pamela returning as the killer.

That's his immersion. That's my immersion. 

Think of a wide-eyed, FAST-running, completely deranged Pamela charging toward you, SCREAMING bloody murder and holding a huge knife over her head. That doesn't seem frightening to you?

Something tells me if that happened to you (or ANY of us) in real life, you'd be pissing your pants.

 

On 16/10/2017 at 7:20 PM, GideonShandy said:

That would depend on whether you look like Blueberry Jason.

Now I want someone to photoshop Retro Jason onto a box of Boo Berry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to play Pamela too, but it would be nearly impossible to use her as a Jason in-game, mainly because she's only human and can die.  I was thinking maybe it could work out like this, however, and it would work beautifully:  in order to keep people from trolling the team by hiding car/boat parts, hoarding meds/knives and then hiding the entire round, and/or little assholes who help Jason, make it so if a counselor is alone for a period of time (or trying to team kill) Pamela will show up to flush them out for Jason.  When she shows, Jason can hear her screams, like when someone enters Jason's shack, and immediately morph to the counselor's location.  Oh, and make it so only Jason can hear her, too, like have her pop up in his display and say, "KILL THEM, JASON!  KILL THEM FOR MOTHER!" while she shows him on the mini-map where said counselor is.   This would encourage team play, I believe.

Plus, it would put Pam in the game and also make a huge dent in the shitheads who troll so hard's little worlds.  Two birds with one stone. :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

That would depend on whether you look like Blueberry Jason.

I always play as Retro Jason, unless I'm testing out a new one for the three weapons kills for the Ph.D in Murder trophy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

You keep using that word. Were you completely unimmersed when watching the original Friday the 13th? In that film, a group of counselors were getting slaughtered systematically by a late middle-aged skinny person. Both Pamela and Jason were created by Victor Miller -- who refused any involvement with the franchise after the first film as he felt, and I quote, "the terror came from being stalked and massacred by someone you should be able to trust and would never expect to wish you harm." He hated the fact that Jason took over as the killer in the subsequent films and even offered to write a treatment for F13 Part 2, but with Pamela returning as the killer.

That's his immersion. That's my immersion. 

Think of a wide-eyed, FAST-running, completely deranged Pamela charging toward you, SCREAMING bloody murder and holding a huge knife over her head. That doesn't seem frightening to you?

Something tells me if that happened to you (or ANY of us) in real life, you'd be pissing your pants.

What part of a group of counselors running from . . . Did you miss before that epic rant?  I’m referring to the times in the game 4 or 5 people are being chased as a group.  Would seem stupid to me because 5 Adams b Chads would just surround her and resolve the situation as she’s not supernatural and just crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not much of a matter of Pamela being human. You can always suspend disbelief. It happens in movies and it happens in this game. It's more of a matter of game mechanics and the resources they need to do it right.

Gun Media mentions that she is not on the table as a future killer. At the same time it doesn't mean she's off the books either. If the game continues to be played and the community continues to support the game, she might appear way down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be cool if one of the upcoming Jasons was Jason X before the upgrade, but he transforms into uber Jason when he hits rage mode. That way we would get to see uber Jason, but more so as a skin for a new Jason. And that way he wouldn't be super OP, but can walk through doors, etc..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Hope Roy doesn't get put in at all that movie was terrible Tommy and the Hubbard family were the only funny and good things about it. Put in Pamela atleast she's blood not some imposter. As much shit that they would have to change for him would Probably be the same for Pamela. I think the map should be added but that's it. Let's not get reminded of that trash movie. You can hate on Jason x all you want but it was still Jason killing people like the classics just in space and a shit cast. Part 5 kills sucked anyways the majority were machete gut shots hoe original

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now