XRizerX

I don't want emotes, I want to see the score board...

Allow us to remap up on the d-pad back to scoreboard, I'm sick of these fucking forced controls.

No one asked for emotes, I don't want them, nor do I want to be forced in to using them... There is no way to efficiently check the scoreboard when using a controller now and in that split second of going to the map and hitting LB to check the scoreboard, you can easily get shift grabbed.

Please for the love of God, remap the stupid emote button to push in Left Stick and make it a toggle so that the stick doesn't have to be pressed in to select an emote.

Give me back Up on my d-pad, I can't adjust to this at all, every time I want to check the scoreboard I open the fucking stupid emote wheel... after 500+ hours, you can't do this to people, you must allow them a choice for controls. How hard is it to allow us to remap fucking controls? Are you guys this inept? The game's been out for over 6 months and it's still in beta.

• Like 2

It is annoying. It's a crucial part of the game and it does feel clunky to access the way it is now. 

At the end of the day everyone uses the integral status screen and only a few use emotes. 

It really needs a higher precedence. 

• Like 1

They did fix it for if you get Jason you can hold up on the d-pad to check the scoreboard but for counselor you still have to do the longer way of pausing then clicking mute players.

no one uses the emotes for anything other than dicking around. the controls interfere with game play and, lets be honest, flicking your flashlight on and off is both easier AND more effective. i don't even pay attention to people using them because i just assume they're screwing around. 

everyone, however, uses the scoreboard during a match. it's a pretty crucial part of game play.

i don't have a problem with the emotes. i bought the dance pack and had a drunken dance party with some other forum members... but they shouldn't have replaced a crucial feature with a gimmick. 

• Like 2

I haven't used emotes myself, but I have had a good laugh at other players breaking into a dance at odd times. I saw a Kenny in his speedos bust some moves, and Jason just stood there... watching.

I use the emotes sometimes. Nothing wrong with them. But I never used the scoreboard before so I don't know what is missed so much

1 hour ago, The7Reaper said:

They did fix it for if you get Jason you can hold up on the d-pad to check the scoreboard but for counselor you still have to do the longer way of pausing then clicking mute players.

Or you can go on your map and press L1 for ps4 

1 hour ago, matisangry said:

no one uses the emotes for anything other than dicking around. the controls interfere with game play and, lets be honest, flicking your flashlight on and off is both easier AND more effective. i don't even pay attention to people using them because i just assume they're screwing around. 

everyone, however, uses the scoreboard during a match. it's a pretty crucial part of game play.

i don't have a problem with the emotes. i bought the dance pack and had a drunken dance party with some other forum members... but they shouldn't have replaced a crucial feature with a gimmick. 

^This 100%^

37 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Or you can go on your map and press L1 for ps4 

It really is that easy.  That said, if they could use a button to modify the dpad and add emotes to each direction it would make them easier to use (like destiny almost).

36 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

It really is that easy.  That said, if they could use a button to modify the dpad and add emotes to each direction it would make them easier to use (like destiny almost).

it really is kind of a pain mid-match to take your eyes off of the game for 5-10 seconds every time you wanna check the board. I'm not up in arms over it or anything but it is a pain in the ass. and it's pretty dumb when you look at what they replaced it with. 

I'd be game with them putting one or two emotes on each directional pad with up being an emote and the map.

I like the emotes but I wish they had implemented the controls differently. It sucks not being able to see whose still alive without pausing the game. 

I say get rid of the scoreboard completely for counselors. It's horror survival not Madden football. You shouldn't know who is still dead or alive until you can meet up or get ahold  of them with the radio. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joedelta said:

I say get rid of the scoreboard completely for counselors. It's horror survival not Madden football. You shouldn't know who is still dead or alive until you can meet up or get ahold  of them with the radio. 

True, it would force communication to become more of an objective but no one should have to be forced to play a certain way. Gun did make betrayal a thing and as always players will always make the decision for themselves whether to actually speak into their mics. 

2 hours ago, The7Reaper said:

The faster way is hitting the gamepad for the map and then R1(on PS4). 

2 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

I haven't used emotes myself, but I have had a good laugh at other players breaking into a dance at odd times. I saw a Kenny in his speedos bust some moves, and Jason just stood there... watching.

I was Jason and had a Tiffany, Jenny, Kenny, and Tommy start having a dance party at a campfire. I shifted there and performed the poker environment kill on Tommy, the birdbath kill on Jenny, the water pump kill on Kenny, and I used the Crotch Chop kill on Tiffany. Jason doesn’t care if you’re having a party. He will kill you.

The regular emotes are good for communication. The new ones are good for messing around and giving up the game (which I’ll gladly accept a few free kills). 

5 hours ago, XRizerX said:

No one asked for emotes, I don't want them, nor do I want to be forced in to using them...

Lol sweetie who’s forcing you to use them? 

There is already a topic on this. Please search before creating a new topic.