Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CountYorgaVampir

Day 1 Pet Peeves

20 posts in this topic

I’ve only had this game for one day and two things aggravate me:

1) People that host games that bail (presumably just because they die).  It seems to me that in these cases that people should still receive the points they earn

2) Jason shifting next to people before they can react. There should be better rules. No shifting inside cabins for instance, and no shifting within 20 ft of a victim outside. Jason is already overpowered as it is. He doesnt need this

For the first point, they're working on getting dedicated servers for the console versions and when this happens you won't need to worry about the game ending because the host left. For the second point, Jason really needs that shift to catch anyone with a decent speed stat. You can learn to dodge the shift grab. Here's a tip for dodging it outside: the camera tends to zoom in a few seconds before he gets you.

I really do understand the need for the shift ability. And I am fine with that. But Jason should’nt be able to teleport twice in the same room. It’s confusing and unfair. 

I don’t mean twice, but he shouldn’t be able to do it in view of the victims. 

1 person likes this

By “twice” I meant that Jason literally jumped into the room with me just to avoid a gunshot. That isn’t true to the movies at all. 

19 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

By “twice” I meant that Jason literally jumped into the room with me just to avoid a gunshot. That isn’t true to the movies at all. 

If you're looking for realism, or 100% faithful to his abilities/disabilities in the movies, return or resell the game. If not, give it a little time, wait until you play a few matches as Jason, you'll come to appreciate that he has a few (limited) tricks up his sleeve. All the different Jasons have different strengths and weaknesses. One starts with 7 traps, another with 3. Some can run, others at best can speedwalk. There is balance in the game. While a quick reflex can shift through a shotgun/flare blast, shifting over exploding firecrackers will stun you and break your shift. My suggestion would be to have patience, you shouldn't even expect to get a full 7/7 or 8/8 kills your first few runs as Jason, his controls are not as self-intuitive as a Counselor's, and it actually takes a good combination of reflexes, timing and skill to be able to shift and break shift directly into a grab. It'll take a little time, but you'll get the hang of it (hopefully). Just remember, you're going to die a lot lol there's actually a trophy for it; unless you have a posse of supportive teammates, expect to be killed nearly half the time.

As for the host(s) rage-quitting, yeah, it's a big problem in the game, has been since day one. But if you plan on playing for a couple of hours, join and back out of lobbies until you're hosting, that's what I do. Guarantees no rage-quitting hosts closing the lobby AND it gives you control over the maps.

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I really do understand the need for the shift ability. And I am fine with that. But Jason should’nt be able to teleport twice in the same room. It’s confusing and unfair. 

It’s supposed to be confusing and unfair. You aren’t supposed to win. Jason is supposed to be OP. The last thing we need are people who have had this game for 24 damn hours telling us how Jason should be nerfed. Take that garbage back home. 

8 people like this

You are not saying anything that I don’t understand. However, there are obvious things that some Jasons can do that ruin the fun of the game. As in, put down the controller and never, ever, pick up again. Jason shouldn’t be able to teleport next to you in a confined space and slaughter you before you have a chance to react which I have already witnessed twice. I’m not asking for balance or realism, but it should at least strive for the “realism” of the movies. Otherwise what is the point of making a Friday the 13th game? If I am in a room or hallway with one entance and I have a shotgun pointed at the door he shouldn’t just be able to appear next to me. That’s bullshit. 

3 hours ago, John Wick said:

It’s supposed to be confusing and unfair. You aren’t supposed to win. Jason is supposed to be OP. The last thing we need are people who have had this game for 24 damn hours telling us how Jason should be nerfed. Take that garbage back home. 

So you have owned the game for longer than I have. You’re the proverbial big fish in a little pond. Get over yourself already. 

I am in full agreement with #1. Just because the host can't deal with being killed, doesn't mean that the rest of the match have to lose our points. As for #2 (and I say this as someone who has hardly got to play as Jason), just is just the way it is.

13 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

I am in full agreement with #1. Just because the host can't deal with being killed, doesn't mean that the rest of the match have to lose our points. As for #2 (and I say this as someone who has hardly got to play as Jason), just is just the way it is.

No, sorry but that isn’t “just the way it is”. We voice our opinions and the creators of the game make it better. If we fail to offer up objective criticism then the game won’t improve. I like the game overall, but the people who find the game flawless and in no need of revision are clearly exploiting those flaws to their own benefit.

Just now, CountYorgaVampir said:

No, sorry but that isn’t “just the way it is”. We voice our opinions and the creators of the game make it better. If we fail to offer up objective criticism then the game won’t improve. I like the game overall, but the people who find the game flawless and in no need of revision are clearly exploiting those flaws to their own benefit.

Would you feel the same when you play as Jason?

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I have played as Jason multiple times. 

And you still feel the same, having played as Jason? There is nothing to stop you taking steps to avoid such situations. I do.

I don't like Jason somehow appearing right next to me at the phone box, either, but wouldn't change it.  

About shifting to you before you shoot him with the shotgun, you're supposed to blast him the second he breaks that door down.  That's the only sure shot for me with the shotgun or flare.  But a lot of counselors can turn on a dime when Jason is behind them and hit him every time.  Ping has a lot to do with how quickly you react too.

8 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Not sure you know what the word objective means; your experiences, and gripes regarding Jason, are subjective. What you consider improvement others might consider worsening of the game. If you're having problems surviving and have this much impatience one day into playing I'd suggest you either become a better player, or quit. You adapt to the game, not the other way around, you have an unearned sense of entitlement.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

The problem is the alterations you are asking for absolutely f’ing suck. YOU need to adapt to the game, NOT the other way around. We had enough players come here and whine that Jason shouldn’t be able to do this or that and we don’t need to go through that again. It’s abundantly clear you don’t have enough experience with this game to be offering up any kind of real suggestions. What you are asking for in terms of removing a KEY element to good Jason play is evidence of your ignorance. I’m sure you’ll eventually learn, but right now, no, you couldn’t be further off when it comes to the abilities Jason should or shouldn’t have access to.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

You are not saying anything that I don’t understand. However, there are obvious things that some Jasons can do that ruin the fun of the game. As in, put down the controller and never, ever, pick up again. Jason shouldn’t be able to teleport next to you in a confined space and slaughter you before you have a chance to react which I have already witnessed twice. I’m not asking for balance or realism, but it should at least strive for the “realism” of the movies. Otherwise what is the point of making a Friday the 13th game? If I am in a room or hallway with one entance and I have a shotgun pointed at the door he shouldn’t just be able to appear next to me. That’s bullshit. 

I just find this laughable. One of the signatures of the movies is the unrealistic way that Jason can suddenly appear out of nowhere, can somehow end up in front of someone who was running away from him. In fact, if this were truer to the films, literally no more than two people would survive by the end of each match. And what exactly do you propose be done about him shifting down a hallway? That as soon as you have a gun aimed, and haven't even fired, that he should somehow be unable to use his abilities? That he should be forced to stand still? You know, I'm sorry I gave you the advice of trying to host your own lobby. You're exactly the type who would ragequit and end the match for everyone else if you felt you were killed in an "unfair" manner.

1 person likes this

My advice is close and lock the cabin doors. That'll help Jason shifting inside. It's a moot point once doors are broken, but I've killed more than a few chuckleheads who left doors open for me by shifting in, grabbing them and tossing them into a fireplace. 

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

When you see the VCR tracking blur on your screen you need to start moving. Shotgun or no shotgun. You can use tables and couches to kite Jason around in cabins. Same thing with the walls. Shift is only overpowered when your new to the game trust me. Check out @Alkavians thread "The Playbook" in the first few pages he outlines how to dodge shifts out in the open or in cabins. There are also several awesome communities here on the fourms with ace player who don't mind sharing their knowledge. Look for the good sportsmanship club thread if you want to join up with people who don't leave when they are in the middle of the game.

2 people like this

Already dozens of threads about both of these issues.