This implementation won't have any effect on the meta unless if the community want to. What it does? basically a more point of view by tangling the night to be more bright than your average flash light. Dayz is similar to this game, and the item looked good in game. Make it randomly spawn in the maps, and once you find it you can attach it to your counselor. Realistically any camper would bring a chemlight for the woods. Each chemlight will be different colors to add more variety. The chemlight is the threshold to have well lit surrounded areas.0012060_cyalume-light-technology-chem-light-single.jpeg

To add on to this since the theme is the night for the Friday The 13th games why not encourage random loot to spawn outside, and the chemlight would help to find those items in the dark woods. I discussed this idea with an another individual other than myself, and gave his idea to this post what those chemlights could do for the meta if the community approves it. Credit to  + VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow  ''I was thinking a glow stick would be something counselors drop and the light source reduces fear for anyone standing near it. It would be useful for people clearing a path to the exit for the counselors that follow. They could come in packs of about 4 and you crack, drop, crack, drop, repeat.''

The safety glowsticks would be a pretty cool attachment for immersion purposes. Probably wouldn't affect lighting too much, but it'd be nice to have for realism in-game since these are commonly used products for outdoor safety purposes. I even carry a few in my vehicle just in case.

• Like 1

I think having a couple of these around the map in drawers would work nice. Make it a consumable item. When equipped you drop it on the floor & it immediately reduces all your fear. It stays lit throughout the match but doesn’t have any fear reducing properties left. So that it is a one time usage item.

Also make a perk that allows you to spawn with a glow stick. Maybe also another perk that allows you two usages out of one glow stick.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

I think having a couple of these around the map in drawers would work nice. Make it a consumable item. When equipped you drop it on the floor & it immediately reduces all your fear. It stays lit throughout the match but doesn’t have any fear reducing properties left. So that it is a one time usage item.

Also make a perk that allows you to spawn with a glow stick. Maybe also another perk that allows you two usages out of one glow stick.

You're on to something great. I'm overjoyed for a new item to get implemented this one really seem to fit the game. A straw poll on the meta for the chemlight would help to see who agrees with the originally idea to be a group use item for everyone to be affected from the reduced fear when nearby, or make it a consumable item only for the user and not others. There we narrowed it down :). 

19 minutes ago, KaoJin said:

You're on to something great. I'm overjoyed for a new item to get implemented this one really seem to fit the game. A straw poll on the meta for the chemlight would help to see who agrees with the originally idea to be a group use item for everyone to be affected from the reduced fear when nearby, or make it a consumable item only for the user and not others. There we narrowed it down :). 

I think a perk for spawning with a pack of glow sticks MIGHT work with the right negative. If their bonus is to remove fear then the negative would have to increase noise or something.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, KaoJin said:

This implementation won't have any effect on the meta unless if the community want to. What it does? basically a more point of view by tangling the night to be more bright than your average flash light. Dayz is similar to this game, and the item looked good in game. Make it randomly spawn in the maps, and once you find it you can attach it to your counselor. Realistically any camper would bring a chemlight for the woods. Each chemlight will be different colors to add more variety. The chemlight is the threshold to have well lit surrounded areas.0012060_cyalume-light-technology-chem-light-single.jpeg

RAVE!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1