Sign in to follow this  
MyNameisJason

J4 Destruction Inop

3 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

It’s 2 hits across the board with any Jason that has destruction 

if you are having an issue on Xbox I suggest you submit a bug report on jasonkllsbugs with video evidence.

There is no way that video evidence is necessary for this particular issue. It wouldn't be hard for the developers themselves to replicate the issue. Anyone that owns this game on xbox can tell you part 4 always knocks down a door in 4 hits. 

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Oh shit, really? I haven't had chance to properly test this with Savini Jason yet but 2 hits may be an interesting change. I've been chased by part 4 a few times and he's pretty tough to outrun; I think the destruction stat with 2 hit door breaking keeps the pace of the chase high :)

Actually I just played as Savini and Part 8, and Part 8 is still 3 hits on fortified doors, and if I recall correctly, Savini was 4 hits! I was going off of what I was told on reddit but I decided to test it for myself. I'm not liking this weird random numbers thing. I think it should be consistent across Jasons with the same pro or con.

On Xbox, Part 8 takes barricaded door down in 2 hits. Part 4 takes 4. I haven't checked to find out what Savini takes.

If it's any consolation, Part 7 also takes the door down in 4 four hits and does it faster than Part 4.<_<:ph34r:

I've really only used Part 4 since the update (PC), but he consistently knocks them down in two hits for me. I'll try out Part 8 tonight. I like it. Like Kodiak said, it keeps the pace of the chase up. the -shift is a good balance for this.

The only weird thing I've personally noticed is that every now and then, when I'm bashing a door down, one of the windows in the cabin will randomly break.

On PS4, it normally takes two or three hits tops. I've yet to have a problem with Final Chapter's destruction, and he's actually my second favorite Jason to use, my favorite being Part II and my third favorite being Part VIII 

On 10/14/2017 at 9:36 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They changed +Destruction for all Jasons with that strength. It's 2 hits in the regular animation and 3 hits outside of it. I'm thinking they should add 1 more to each because I've been mopping the floor with everyone as Part 4 Jason. If it was Part 8 Jason the match would be over in 10 minutes or less.

This is not true. I have Savini Jason and it still takes 3 hits to knock down a door for me in animation, but only 2 with Part 4. And no, Savini did not used to be 4. It was ALWAYS 3.

Why does Part 4 have better destruction @GunMedia_Ben?

It is really bizarre. Sometimes with part 4 Jason it'll take 2 hits to knock down a barricaded door, and sometimes 3.

I think a lot of it has to do with latency. I've found that it's largely inconsistent and in games where I carry higher ping it takes more hits. The way online games work similar with FPS is packets of data are sent when there is lag it often times does not register as hitting the mark. This is most likely the case at play here. 

3 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

This is not true. I have Savini Jason and it still takes 3 hits to knock down a door for me in animation, but only 2 with Part 4. And no, Savini did not used to be 4. It was ALWAYS 3.

Why does Part 4 have better destruction @GunMedia_Ben?

Maybe it glitched and made me take 4 hits.

3 hours ago, zarakye said:

It is really bizarre. Sometimes with part 4 Jason it'll take 2 hits to knock down a barricaded door, and sometimes 3.

I have come across taking 3 hits to destroy doors as part 4.

4 hours ago, JPops said:

I think a lot of it has to do with latency. I've found that it's largely inconsistent and in games where I carry higher ping it takes more hits. The way online games work similar with FPS is packets of data are sent when there is lag it often times does not register as hitting the mark. This is most likely the case at play here. 

I hope this isn’t true, as it would mean that Illfonic is even more clueless than I thought that they were.  Actions are always supposed to be done locally, in the client, based on the telemetry that you’ve received.  This is why some people don’t understand why they’ve been grabbed, when either they or Jason have high latency.

Lets say that everyone has a latency of 150ms.  This means that everyone sees where everyone else was 300ms in the past.  If Jason is able to grab you based on his current location, and where you were 300ms ago, then you will see the grab in another 300ms.  So, you see that this can’t be used for things like breaking down doors, as it would be impossible for the server, in this case the host, to calculate that with any accuracy.  Therefore, the client does this locally, and sends the telelmetry of the actions to the host.  BTW, this is how hackers hack the game as well, by faking a client and sending false telemitry.

Why do these inconsistencies occur?  Because of the way that they are detecting events (using the graphic engine only), and the methods that they use to calculate collisions.  If driverless cars only used one form of detection, or put too much confidence in the wrong sensor, they would constantly be getting into accidents.  Instead of using collissions, they should be using the coordinate system and the player state to put the player into a failsafe breakdown animation, if triggered correctly.  Collisions should have absolutely nothing to do with breaking down doors, it should only affect collateral damage, like hitting councelors.  My guess is that they aren’t correctly detecting a valid trigger, and thus they fall back to a simple swing annimation.  Make sense?

18 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

I hope this isn’t true, as it would mean that Illfonic is even more clueless than I thought that they were.  Actions are always supposed to be done locally, in the client, based on the telemetry that you’ve received.  This is why some people don’t understand why they’ve been grabbed, when either they or Jason have high latency.

Lets say that everyone has a latency of 150ms.  This means that everyone sees where everyone else was 300ms in the past.  If Jason is able to grab you based on his current location, and where you were 300ms ago, then you will see the grab in another 300ms.  So, you see that this can’t be used for things like breaking down doors, as it would be impossible for the server, in this case the host, to calculate that with any accuracy.  Therefore, the client does this locally, and sends the telelmetry of the actions to the host.  BTW, this is how hackers hack the game as well, by faking a client and sending false telemitry.

Why do these inconsistencies occur?  Because of the way that they are detecting events (using the graphic engine only), and the methods that they use to calculate collisions.  If driverless cars only used one form of detection, or put too much confidence in the wrong sensor, they would constantly be getting into accidents.  Instead of using collissions, they should be using the coordinate system and the player state to put the player into a failsafe breakdown animation, if triggered correctly.  Collisions should have absolutely nothing to do with breaking down doors, it should only affect collateral damage, like hitting councelors.  My guess is that they aren’t correctly detecting a valid trigger, and thus they fall back to a simple swing annimation.  Make sense?

I am no authority on this by any means but you are right, typically latency will factor where a player used to be verses where they actually are when that data is received. This is a stationary item it should always be in place so how does that factor in. Here is my thoughts. You are allowed to free swing so the trajectory of the weapon is where the collision takes place. If you are swinging at a door the weapon is what is moving and while the door is not moving your weapon certainly is. So the point of impact may be well the wall. Sometimes you will be running in a lag spike and your screen will jump and you will be a few steps back. Same principal, the stuff is rendered locally but this is not a rendering issue but a state change item using a hit box. I am not particularly talking about animation door break down but the free swing. I notice most players use that which may be why players are seeing such inconsistency in it. I am not sure how you think damage received would be stored locally in an online game. All players would be seeing it real time so that is data transmitted over the hosts connection. Again, I am not sure how it's set up but Its not out of the realm that may be the issue. 

@JPops That’s why I think that it’s probably at least 2 issues:

1. Thay are not detecting the trigger event for, destruct door.
  2. There is most likely something in the telemetry that is causing the client to believe that the player is not exaclty in the place that they are.

We also know that the client will periodically “correct itself” and you will see your character jump to a new location, which should never happen.  My guess is that Illfonic has something in the telemetry that allows these corrections to be sent, and that something is sending them erroneously. Also, we know that there is some kind of feedback loop, which makes the physics engine go haywire, and created “Home run Jason”.  I have a feeling that they are either losing, or ignoring events that occur during an annimation, which may mean “end” events aren’t being actioned.  This could explain getting stuck in an annimation, or being unable to use actions.  Anywho, hopefully they’ll learn how to correct it soon.