VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

New Counselor Weapons & Items, Rocks, Shovel, etc. With Stats

I did a search and couldn't find another thread about this, so here I'll list everything that's recently come to my mind about new counselor weapons and items. Let me know what you think.

Weapons

Bow and Arrow:

8SJ8DeE.jpg

Guitar: Long: Same as baseball bat.

LNV33ft.jpg

Hammer, Claw: Range: Short: Same as frying pan.

t5x3GTx.jpg

Hammer, Sledge: Range: Long, same as axe.

ggsOX4B.jpg

Hatchet: Range: Short, same as wrench.

Z7Hlzsy.png

Mattock: Range, Long, same as axe.

cpoC9V8.jpg

Meat Cleaver: Range: Short, same as wrench.

jdKvpOW.jpg

Oar: Range: Long, same length as the axe.

GBHTm4l.jpg

Rock: Ranged, carried like vehicle parts, medium-short range, aim and throw like the shotgun and flare gun. Travels in an arc. Throwback to old F13 game! Never breaks, can be picked up again and again, but low damage and stun. Basically, it's better than nothing.

swkQVX9.jpg

Shovel, Long: Range: Extra Long, slightly longer than the axe.

e54DeYS.jpg

Shovel, Spade: Range: Medium, same as metal pipe.

SueMEd1.jpg

Sickle: Range: Short, same as wrench.

XB39w6M.jpg

New Items: Books

Counselors can find these books throughout the map. There is only one of each of these books per map. They have buffs to any counselor holding them. It is possible to hold all three at once, but you will want to distribute them among your team for maximum effectiveness as they do take up an item slot.

Home Intruder Defense:

uVvwxxk.png

Effect: When in inventory, while indoors you have reduced noise, fear, and faster barricading speed. Can also climb through windows and get in and out of hiding spaces silently(creates no sound effect and no noise pings).

Repair Manual:

zgBxOV1.png

Effect: When in inventory, reduce repair skill check count by 1 every time you attempt a repair.

Wilderness Survival Guide:

dfbHA9j.jpg

Effect: When in inventory, while outdoors you have reduced noise, fear, and Jason's traps glow within a short range of you.

• Like 14

48 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I did a search and couldn't find another thread about this, so here I'll list everything that's recently come to my mind about new counselor weapons and items. Let me know what you think.

Weapons

Bow and Arrow:

8SJ8DeE.jpg

Guitar: Long: Same as Baseball Bat.

LNV33ft.jpg

Hammer, Claw: Range: Short: Same as Frying Pan.

t5x3GTx.jpg

Hammer, Sledge: Range: Long, same as Axe.

ggsOX4B.jpg

Mattock: Range, Long, same as Axe.

cpoC9V8.jpg

jdKvpOW.jpg

Rock: Ranged, carried like vehicle parts, medium-short range, aim and throw like the shotgun and flare gun. Travels in an arc. Throwback to old F13 game! Never breaks, can be picked up again and again, but low damage and stun. Basically, it's better than nothing.

swkQVX9.jpg

Shovel, Long: Range: Extra Long, slightly longer than the Axe.

e54DeYS.jpg

Shovel, Spade: Range: Medium, same as Metal Pipe.

SueMEd1.jpg

XB39w6M.jpg

Counselors can find these books throughout the map. There is only one of each of these books per map. They have buffs to any counselor holding them. It is possible to hold all three at once, but you will want to distribute them among your team for maximum effectiveness as they do take up an item slot.

Home Intruder Defense:

uVvwxxk.png

Effect: When in inventory, while indoors you have reduced noise, fear, and faster barricading speed. Very small additional chance to avoid Sense even when Jason has Rage.

Repair Manual:

zgBxOV1.png

Effect: When in inventory, reduce repair skill check count by 1 every time you attempt a repair.

dfbHA9j.jpg

Effect: When in inventory, while outdoors you have reduced noise, fear, and Jason's traps glow within a short range of you.

Yeah WE got some same Idea but your thread is better , i like everything but radther than the bow a single crossbow would be better , thé guitor is a cool Idea 

Like i said on the other thread , like the rock picking up thing on desk and table and throw at Jason could be nice when weaponless in a house

3 minutes ago, ♣Blond♣ said:

Yeah WE got some same Idea but your thread is better , i like everything but radther than the bow a single crossbow would be better , thé guitor is a cool Idea 

Like i said on the other thread , like the rock picking up thing on desk and table and throw at Jason could be nice when weaponless in a house

People don't often bring crossbows to a summer camp for kids to practice with. As for picking up random things to throw at Jason, you don't want to go too far with that because you don't want Jason to get showered with household objects all the time. It would kind of break some of the balance.

Good job, Jolly! I love all of your ideas, Dude!

Question: should sucker punch apply to the rock too, or should there be separate perks? This makes me want to make a ranged fighter using Vanessa or Buggzy.

Or would strength increase damage of ranged weapons? So many interesting ways to change your playstyle...

17 minutes ago, Theiceman105 said:

Good job, Jolly! I love all of your ideas, Dude!

Question: should sucker punch apply to the rock too, or should there be separate perks? This makes me want to make a ranged fighter using Vanessa or Buggzy.

Or would strength increase damage of ranged weapons? So many interesting ways to change your playstyle...

I think perks should apply to the rock. I don't know how they'd effect the bow and arrow though. Perhaps higher Strength will make the aim sight on the bow smaller for more accurate shots. Low strength characters could miss the mark more easily. Fear would effect how accurate the shot is. Your arms begin to shake the longer you hold it, and higher fear levels shorten the amount of time you can keep the bow drawn before it fires by itself. I guess fear reduction perks would benefit the bow and arrow.

Now while I think Sucker punch would apply to the rock, seeing as how the rock has weak stun it still wouldn't be too much better. Really it's meant to be the "fire poker" for ranged attacks. Better than nothing.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think perks should apply to the rock. I don't know how they'd effect the bow and arrow though. Perhaps higher Strength will make the aim sight on the bow smaller for more accurate shots. Low strength characters could miss the mark more easily. Fear would effect how accurate the shot is. Your arms begin to shake the longer you hold it, and higher fear levels shorten the amount of time you can keep the bow drawn before it fires by itself. I guess fear reduction perks would benefit the bow and arrow.

Now while I think Sucker punch would apply to the rock, seeing as how the rock has weak stun it still wouldn't be too much better. Really it's meant to be the "fire poker" for ranged attacks. Better than nothing.

Composure for aim would make a lot more sense

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Weapons

Bow and Arrow:

8SJ8DeE.jpg

Guitar: Long: Same as Baseball Bat.

LNV33ft.jpg

Hammer, Claw: Range: Short: Same as Frying Pan.

t5x3GTx.jpg

Hammer, Sledge: Range: Long, same as Axe.

ggsOX4B.jpg

Mattock: Range, Long, same as Axe.

cpoC9V8.jpg

jdKvpOW.jpg

swkQVX9.jpg

Shovel, Long: Range: Extra Long, slightly longer than the Axe.

e54DeYS.jpg

Shovel, Spade: Range: Medium, same as Metal Pipe.

SueMEd1.jpg

XB39w6M.jpg

Home Intruder Defense:

uVvwxxk.png

Effect: When in inventory, while indoors you have reduced noise, fear, and faster barricading speed. Can also climb through windows and get in and out of hiding spaces silently(creates no sound effect and no noise pings).

Repair Manual:

zgBxOV1.png

dfbHA9j.jpg

What about the Following 3:

*Boat Oar*

Image result for Boat oar

Stats should be same as Bat.

Image result for Tazer

TASER: Stats should be the same as the Flare, Except electric lines Wave over Jason.

Image result for Nightstick

*NIGHTSTICK* Stats could be the same as the Wrench.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Crawly Creature Forgot about the oar, will add it. As for the Taser and night stick, well, those aren't items you commonly find in campgrounds.

Dude the boat oar is like the most realistic thing you would Find inside the Boat Garage -_- and the Taser and Nightstick, The Nightstick is something I've seen campers take to their Camps, And Tasers Could just be some sort of rare Weapon in the Main House...

Isn't Jason already buffed, but a update is planned to debuff him already. His stun time is reduce to none pretty much lol. I would love for the game to add chemlight it's like a night light for the woods. Dayz a survival game kind of similiar to this game have a dark atmosphere chemlights would freshen the night. Pretty much you could attach a chemlight to your counselor  it's nothing before hand. Unless someone could make use for it in the game meta with a fair mechanic and discuss on the forums, and get the community green light approval. 

I don't have permanent opinion yet on the books, but I wouldn't know about making it fair towards Jason. I'm exactly in the grey area on that part.

9 minutes ago, Crawly Creature said:

Dude the boat oar is like the most realistic thing you would Find inside the Boat Garage -_- and the Taser and Nightstick, The Nightstick is something I've seen campers take to their Camps, And Tasers Could just be some sort of rare Weapon in the Main House...

But did people commonly bring night sticks camping with them in the 80s? And were night sticks even commonly sold back then? Now, certain versions of the taser is possible I suppose, but I just think it would be very very rare to find one in a 1984 campground.

And yes, a guitar. It was in Part 8.

51 minutes ago, KaoJin said:

Isn't Jason already buffed, but a update is planned to debuff him already. His stun time is reduce to none pretty much lol. I would love for the game to add chemlight it's like a night light for the woods. Dayz a survival game kind of similiar to this game have a dark atmosphere chemlights would freshen the night. Pretty much you could attach a chemlight to your counselor  it's nothing before hand. Unless someone could make use for it in the game meta with a fair mechanic and discuss on the forums, and get the community green light approval. 

I had to do some research about glow sticks to make sure they were invented by the 80s, and they were. I was thinking a glow stick would be something counselors drop and the light source reduces fear for anyone standing near it. It would be useful for people clearing a path to the exit for the counselors that follow. They could come in packs of about 4 and you crack, drop, crack, drop, repeat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neonseraphim said:

No pitchfork?!

Counselors don't have a "stabbing" animation, so it would look weird swinging a pitchfork sideways. If it is added it would have similar stats to the long shovel, but swap damage and durability.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

I was avoiding reading this topic since I first saw it just because I figured it was another dumb post that just said "they should add this and that, it would be cool".

You actually put thought into it. I like the ideas, the books are an awesome concept, and the weapons are totally reasonable. I totally support this post.

• Like 1

When using a rock, make sure to duck before throwing it, because it flies in an arc, and can miss Jason lol. Sorry, had to make a reference to the old game. 

• Like 1