Favorite map?   47 members have voted

1. 1. Which map is your favorite?

• Crystal Lake
    • Higgins Haven
    • Packanack
    • Jarvis House
    • Small maps
    • I like them all equally

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Now that we've all been playing the new map for a couple of days, I was wondering which map is now your favorite? Personally mine is still Higgins Haven. I feel its the most balanced map that is not tipped in Jason's or the counselors' favor, it feels the most unique of the four maps, and since Part 3 is my favorite F13 movie I love playing on its location.

I think the Jarvis House map is great. But I think its the toughest map as the cabins are so spaced apart, and the spawn locations for the items is so randomized, and often quite difficult to find. I also think some of the design choices like placing random cabins on little islands is rather pointless and just a chore to go to.

Crystal Lake is a terrific map, and probably the most balanced map after Higgins. The only nit pick I have with it is that there is no stand out location like with the others (Higgins house and barn, Packanack lodge, Jarvis house).

Packanack is my least favorite map. I think the cabins are too close together, and make it easy for Jason. Especially when you have the phone fuse and the car literally right beside each other.

As for the small maps, in my view they are just smaller inferior versions of the big maps. Plus they are too much in the counselors' favor. Its easy to get a car repair in 2 minutes when everything is so close together.

1 person likes this

I've thought about this before and I can't pinpoint a favorite.  I like them all for different reasons so it's hard to compare.  Even the small maps have their perks.  I went with "like them all equally".

1 person likes this

I noticed the trees and brush is more thick on the new map. I love that it seems more spooky if your getting chased. And the lone cabins can be a death trap if your caught in on by yourself. Or have to fight with a teammate to have hope of getting away. Adding to the fear factor is great for the game. 

The Jarvis Map is currently the most difficult one. Houses are spread apart more which exposes counselors to considerable amounts of fear before you reach another cabin. Furthermore, due to the house placements it's much trickier to track down the objective parts you need to fix something. And there's a considerable amount of water surrounding the map; even Part 7 Jason is threatening here.

I like my maps challenging, and so far the Jarvis Map takes the cake.

I voted for Jarvis.  Not because it's new, but because 4 is my favorite movie.  The detail in the houses is pretty impressive and the music for J4 with a thunderstorm is the icing on the cake.  I feel immersed in the match.

The small maps I like the fog & the changeup look of the maps are really nice plus you can find stuff so easy in drawers like every player has a pocketknives. 

The Jarvis house map has rain & looks so good.  You can get lost out there. 

Higgins Haven. I would have voted for Jarvis House if not for the fact that I've never had a game where anyone found the battery, and the two main buildings seem to never have anything of value in them. On the other maps, the big buildings always have stuff of value.

Finding items on Jarvis is really tough.

The Jarvis map is nice and a fun addition, and definitely the most challenging (items spawning is super unpredictable, massive terrain, the 2 seater/boat combo that happens, etc.), but I’m not in love with it!

Jarvis Residence. I love hiding and fooling Jason into thinking I'm in a room and lock him in there.

I absolutely love the Jarvis House map, running Jason around in circles in The Jarvis House is always fun to do, especially in the Vacation Home, the tight hallways seems to either make it easy to bypass Jason after stunning him, or a death trap.

14 hours ago, Yoda said:

Jarvis Residence. I love hiding and fooling Jason into thinking I'm in a room and lock him in there.

Can't you do that on all the maps.

Even though I love the Part 4 Map, my pick has to be Packanack.

Crystal Lake Small. You can usually run a circuit to repair the car in the corner between the repair shack and the boathouse within two minutes, and Jason always defends it third of the three objectives, since it's so far removed from the main action. Regular sized maps, like Packanack a lot- same idea with the South boat spawn- the boat parts are only in 4 houses, so hunt quick.

Jarvis house is my favorite- well designed, with lots of areas to Juke Jason. The 2 main houses are scary areas to explore. With lots of tight corners and dark lighting. This is the best map for Jason to stalk in. I've made so many people scream waiting in Stalk in the basement or upstairs of the Jarvis house. This map also has the best boat escapes. Only complaint, I wish it had more than 2 phone locations. Hopefully that gets patched.

Higgins is my 2nd- well designed map, good use of water with more than 2 spawn points for the Car and boat.

packinack- 3rd favorite. The lodge is well designed, and fun to juke Jason in. Also great for Jason to stalk inside the lodge. I wish it had more than 2 car or boat spawns though.

regarding the small maps. Crystal lake is my favorite. I don't care much for the large Crystal lake map, as I find it rather empty in terms of trees, and before the update the lighting was too bright. The small crystal lake map is a more condensed version. Looks great in the rain. I like how the phone can spawn at the washrooms.

I personally like the small maps most (especially Crystal lake and Packanack). I hope they will add an small variant of Jarvis house too.

I voted Packanack since it's been my favorite since the roof glitch was fixed. I despise the small maps and avoid them as much as I can.

Wow! No love for Crystal Lake. Haha. 

My favorite map has always been and will always be Higgins Haven. I just love how the river cuts through the map to separate it alittle, plus not that it matters but it's also got the best looking graveyard in the game. 

Jarvis residence has the two best cabins and most likeness to the movies. Amazing detail. However, it's so spread out and objectives spawn across it making it quite the tedious play. So for detail, I pick Jarvis. Tommy's room alone, let alone teddy bear in party house, Rob's death basement.  However, the fact there are often 2 two seat vehicles i dislike quite a bit. Also the fact there are cabins without windows, and two cabins on islands I don't enjoy. The main road ending into a fence is scrappy to me.  Those alone make it my least favorites for playability.

Higgins was always one of my favorites. I love the barn and main house. The set up of the camps is great. For playability, this is one of my favorites.

Next might be Crystal Lake for me. While it offers the least in main lodge, I enjoy the playability of it. The giant open lake. The way the camps are set up. Namely, the infamous sign. Even if it's the main landmark. Either tied for my favorite in playability, otherwise Higgins.

Packanack has great likeness in ways of the cabin. I can't go up the back steps without thinking of Paul. However, 

For most of these maps, I wish they would include a town reference. The bar from Part 2, the shop from Part 3, the hospital in Part 4. For future maps I would like to see the police station, diner, the sheriff's office and jail in Part 9. Can t wait to see Pinehurst, Camp Forest Green, Shepards Residence, and Voorhees Manor