Leenart

PS 4: Digital vs Disc question.

19 posts in this topic

I just registered to hopefully find an answer and fix to my "problem", which seems to be nonexistant on the Xbox version.                                                                                          

On PS4 upon install of the disc version, it won't overwrite the currently present digital version, it will create a whole "new" game.

So I get 2 F13 games to choose from, at the PS4 Dashboard.                                                                                                                                                                                    

The Bloody Skins and New Clothes pack only work with the Disc version, as they are no seperate installs like it is on the Xbox.

The '84 pack and Party Emote pack work on both versions without any hassle.                                                                                                                                                         

The levels, perks, cp, badges tapes, also work on both versions, since they are saved online.

Settings, perks, clothes and kills assigning also have to be set up again with the disc version, cause again on the PS4 it sees this as a "new" game and not as one that is already present on the PS4.

Only the PS4 Trophies (Achievements on Xbox) don't transfer to the disc version, maybe because it is recongized as a whole "new" game. Even deleting the digital version and fresh install the Disc version will not make this work.

Now does anyone know if a patch/fix could be made on the F13 devs side, to make it let the PS4 seem as one game, like it is on the Xbox (with overwriting and keeping the trophies)

I don't mind playing from the disc, but hate to lose all the earned Trophies so far.

If there isn't a fix, I'll guess I'll just return the game and stick with my digital copy and wait for the digital versions of the Bloody Skins.

Hopefully there is a F13 dev member who can clear things up.

thx

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, a fix is definitely needed.  I was supplied the digital copy since the physical disc was delayed, so I feel like everything should merge nicely.
I'm fine with playing either version, but with digital I get no bloody skins or clothes and with the disc my trophies are back to square one.  I have 95% of the trophies unlocked and not starting those over, they took months to achieve lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if I have the disc copy, do I need the disc loaded inside my PS4 for me to use the Bloody skins along with the clothes?

 

And, if I have the disc copy and put it into my PS4, will it overwrite my data from the digital so I have to start from Level One again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Serum79 said:

Agreed, a fix is definitely needed.  I was supplied the digital copy since the physical disc was delayed, so I feel like everything should merge nicely.
I'm fine with playing either version, but with digital I get no bloody skins or clothes and with the disc my trophies are back to square one.  I have 95% of the trophies unlocked and not starting those over, they took months to achieve lol

I was hoping it merged aswell, but sadly it doesn't (yet) someone in the other topic mentioned your getting slowly your trophies back if you do at least the action required at least once, for example if you get a trophy for reparing the car, you have to do it only once and it unlocks, cause you already had that trophy before.

Just tried it and it works! So that is a fix for the meantime.

3 hours ago, Daminus said:

So, if I have the disc copy, do I need the disc loaded inside my PS4 for me to use the Bloody skins along with the clothes?

 

And, if I have the disc copy and put it into my PS4, will it overwrite my data from the digital so I have to start from Level One again?

Yes for Disc it needs to be loaded to get the skins and clothes.

It won't overwrite your data from digital, it will just install a 2nd game, so you get like 2 icons in your dashboard. and you don't start over with levels, cp and perks etc, only your trophies show up as zero.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leenart said:

I was hoping it merged aswell, but sadly it doesn't (yet) someone in the other topic mentioned your getting slowly your trophies back if you do at least the action required at least once, for example if you get a trophy for reparing the car, you have to do it only once and it unlocks, cause you already had that trophy before.

Just tried it and it works! So that is a fix for the meantime.

Sweet!!  Awesome to know, thanks! :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I know my friend bought the disc too and now if he's using the bloody skins and wants to play with me but can't until he plays with the digital copy. So the fan base is basically split into two. Only disc play with disc and digital play with digital. This is on PS4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

well I know my friend bought the disc too and now if he's using the bloody skins and wants to play with me but can't until he plays with the digital copy. So the fan base is basically split into two. Only disc play with disc and digital play with digital. This is on PS4

? I was playing with someone using the disc today on digital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I bought off Backerkit I won't have my disc for another week or so, and until they definitively answer and fix stuff like this I could care less about a couple new outfits and bloody Jasons if it means losing my trophy progress, of which I only have one left to pop, The Final Chapter, which will in turn pop the Killer Franchise Platinum trophy. If they don't have a fix for this, I'll definitely just take the physical disc to the nearest Gamestop and trade it toward Dead By Daylight.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if I let the disc install, as well as having a second clone of the Friday game on my console, I will also have clones of my trophies too, meaning I'll earn duplicate trophies of what I already had from the digital? That would look very stupid on my trophy list...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, King Penguin said:

So, if I let the disc install, as well as having a second clone of the Friday game on my console, I will also have clones of my trophies too, meaning I'll earn duplicate trophies of what I already had from the digital? That would look very stupid on my trophy list...

The PS4 will see your new Disc version as a NEW game, so you get like 2 F13 icons on your dashboard. If you play the disc version for the first time, you're already bought emote pack and 84 pack will show up, but all your settings and perks and kills need to be reassigned.

Since the PS4 sees it as a new game, you need to create a new save data. Only the Perks, CP and Levels are stored online at the F13 servers so they will be the same.

And again cause it sees it as a new game, your trophies are starting at zero, only plus side is you only need to do one action of each already earned trophy (for example escape from the cops is normally 13 times, just do it now once and it unlocks already.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tiffany said:

? I was playing with someone using the disc today on digital.

don't know for sure, this is just what he told me. I was going to purchase the disc, but to be honest like the idea of having another game in the disk slot ready to play instead of having to use the disk to play. not sure now if i'm going to buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This certainly doesn’t sound like the best way to reward people who bought the game twice.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Leenart said:

The PS4 will see your new Disc version as a NEW game, so you get like 2 F13 icons on your dashboard. If you play the disc version for the first time, you're already bought emote pack and 84 pack will show up, but all your settings and perks and kills need to be reassigned.

Since the PS4 sees it as a new game, you need to create a new save data. Only the Perks, CP and Levels are stored online at the F13 servers so they will be the same.

And again cause it sees it as a new game, your trophies are starting at zero, only plus side is you only need to do one action of each already earned trophy (for example escape from the cops is normally 13 times, just do it now once and it unlocks already.)

So, if I installed the disc version, I would have two trophy folders full of duplicates (like you said, when earned by doing one example of a task) of the same trophies I already had... That's pretty stupid...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimmyJarvis said:

This certainly doesn’t sound like the best way to reward people who bought the game twice.  

It certainly isn't! I am still hoping for an answer from the devs to mabye simply it for us PS4 users, Xbox users have gotten a better deal with being able to only install the DLC packs from the disc. This all could have been avoided if they just supplied the disc with code vouchers!

6 minutes ago, King Penguin said:

So, if I installed the disc version, I would have two trophy folders full of duplicates (like you said, when earned by doing one example of a task) of the same trophies I already had... That's pretty stupid...

It is stupid indeed, I now have two F13's icons on my dashboard and both have their each trophies section at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I don't understand is why Gun Media is forcing us to choose between digital and physical by putting the new skins on physical and leaving us who decided to buy their game as it became available out. I waited a year for the game so I wouldn't have waited a few months to get the physical copy just because it had bloody skins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:53 AM, Leenart said:

The PS4 will see your new Disc version as a NEW game, so you get like 2 F13 icons on your dashboard. If you play the disc version for the first time, you're already bought emote pack and 84 pack will show up, but all your settings and perks and kills need to be reassigned.

Since the PS4 sees it as a new game, you need to create a new save data. Only the Perks, CP and Levels are stored online at the F13 servers so they will be the same.

And again cause it sees it as a new game, your trophies are starting at zero, only plus side is you only need to do one action of each already earned trophy (for example escape from the cops is normally 13 times, just do it now once and it unlocks already.)

So strange, I have been playing off of the disc since I got it and do not have a second set of trophies, totally don't get it!!  I only have the 500 and 1000 multiplayer as Jason trophies to unlock, but have no idea yet if the games I've played on the disc are counting towards the one set of trophies.  The only thing I did differently was moved the digital version of the game into a new folder on my dashboard before installing the 2GB physical file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Serum79 said:

So strange, I have been playing off of the disc since I got it and do not have a second set of trophies, totally don't get it!!  I only have the 500 and 1000 multiplayer as Jason trophies to unlock, but have no idea yet if the games I've played on the disc are counting towards the one set of trophies.  The only thing I did differently was moved the digital version of the game into a new folder on my dashboard before installing the 2GB physical file.

But you do see 2 F13 game icons on your dashboard? I had literally 2 icons on my dashboard and under each of its gamescreen it showed it's trophies, digital with the ones I already earned and disc version all showing up with zero trophies, until I started playing they gradually came up as I did certain actions required. I do hope it keeps counting it's progress, since it's I believe stored online at the F13 servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Leenart said:

But you do see 2 F13 game icons on your dashboard? I had literally 2 icons on my dashboard and under each of its gamescreen it showed it's trophies, digital with the ones I already earned and disc version all showing up with zero trophies, until I started playing they gradually came up as I did certain actions required. I do hope it keeps counting it's progress, since it's I believe stored online at the F13 servers.

I do have two icons on my dashboard.  The digital is in it's own folder and the disc icon is on the top level of my dashboard.  I will check what's listed when I highlight each as soon as I get home.  Checking my trophy icon, the game is listed once for me, do you have it listed once or twice under your trophy icon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not home at the moment, but when I check it through my PSN app, it does indeed show twice the game with each it own set of trophies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now