Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anonymous

Are there some perks that NEVER go rare or epic?

31 posts in this topic

I'm sure you can get an epic in every perk. I have an epic Marathon perk (14%). 

It seems like certain perks are really hard to get Epic or rare....Marathon, Swift attacker (I want this), Hypochodriac, or Restful are ones I've rarely seen. I've rolled a lot of perks like many, I spend all my cp doing it. 

The systems ability to give high quality perks is absolutely horrible. I went from rank 22 or 23 to 101 without getting any tier “My Dads A Cop” perk.

I had to start a second account & rank back up just so I can earn CP fast again. I’m currently at rank 18 on that account & finally got “MDAC” perk in a blue color which is uncommon I believe.

Heres a screenshot of all my current perks with my main account. I’m currently sitting on +72k CP with no intention of ever spending it because I stocked piled 17k CP & never received 1 decent rare or epic perk worth having so I stopped spending CP.

Problem is I receive the same rare & epic perks with different percentages. Ontop of that Gun keeps coming in & drastically nerfing the perks percentages.

8NCRjg3.jpg

1 person likes this

I'm starting to think the game will stop giving you epic perks or reduce their drop rate once you get a decent number of epic perks.

2 hours ago, Tattooey said:

The systems ability to give high quality perks is absolutely horrible. I went from rank 22 or 23 to 101 without getting any tier “My Dads A Cop” perk.

I had to start a second account & rank back up just so I can earn CP fast again. I’m currently at rank 18 on that account & finally got “MDAC” perk in a blue color which is uncommon I believe.

Heres a screenshot of all my current perks with my main account. I’m currently sitting on +72k CP with no intention of ever spending it because I stocked piled 17k CP & never received 1 decent rare or epic perk worth having so I stopped spending CP.

Problem is I receive the same rare & epic perks with different percentages. Ontop of that Gun keeps coming in & drastically nerfing the perks percentages.

8NCRjg3.jpg

I know how you feel it's frustrating, I give you credit to be able to save 70,000 credits wow. I would blow it all trying to get better perks to help my counselor play. 

My dads a cop is really hard to get Epic I would agree with that, I barely see it besides poor n common ones.  I think the best I had was Rare. 

You have Epic Tinker, Marathon, & Slugger...those are hard to come by. I want an epic Slugger too, I've been trying to upgrade my Rare Heavy Hitter but I haven't found one at all. 

5 minutes ago, Miss AJ said:

I know how you feel it's frustrating, I give you credit to be able to save 70,000 credits wow. I would blow it all trying to get better perks to help my counselor play. 

My dads a cop is really hard to get Epic I would agree with that, I barely see it besides poor n common ones.  I think the best I had was Rare. 

You have Epic Tinker, Marathon, & Slugger...those are hard to come by. I want an epic Slugger too, I've been trying to upgrade my Rare Heavy Hitter but I haven't found one at all. 

I have a epic slugger with a epic heavy hitter it’s op 

I have an epic Heavy Mover perk. Probably the most worthless perk you could ever have in EPIC form!

Funnily enough the last few days I've been playing I've been rolling better perks with better percentages. In my entire time playing I've gotten one thick skin and the last week or so I rolled three. 

There really needs to be an endgame to the perks. Like you can roll an Epic Marathon with 12% and then roll another with 14%. There really is no "end" to rolling perks and I really think there should be. Kind of gives you something to shoot for.

I know it might end up making players more powerful but I just feel like it will be a never ending cycle of rolling and re-rolling perks and wasting CP with crap rolls.

I have a strong gathering of epic/rare perks. Still can't get more than uncommon for medic for all the XP.

5 hours ago, ChadFace said:

Funnily enough the last few days I've been playing I've been rolling better perks with better percentages. In my entire time playing I've gotten one thick skin and the last week or so I rolled three. 

Yeah it seems like perk rolling might be hot right now with double xp/cp or you just have more chances.  It's time to grind hard this weekend to get what you want. 

I rolled a Rare Tinker, Rare Spatial awareness, & Epic Ice cold the last 2 days. Gimme an EPIC Swift attacker puhleeeeze my swings are too slow XD 

I've been trying to get an Epic Restful for months with no luck.

1 person likes this

In my experience there is an endgame to perks, there are epics and then there are perfect epics, which is highest allowed percentage on the + side, 0% on the - side. I have 29 epic perks, most of those listed here so they are there you just have to roll a lot for them. I keep one slot open to continue to roll for better epics, sell anything under epic. I can provide a screenshot later but right now I'm playing The Evil Within 2 since the F13 servers are wonky.

And they DO still drop with about the same consistency no matter how many you have. In the last week or so I rolled epic sucker punch, potent ranger and a couple of others that I already had but sadly all but one had worse stats than the ones I had so sold them back immediately.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, andtodayidied said:

I've been trying to get an Epic Restful for months with no luck.

I have almost never seen this perk with a clock symbol drop, except when I got an epic Restful myself (sorry :-/) when I first started playing since the game launched. I see Marathon a lot more than Restful! 

So here's my stash, not listing the full descriptions for times sake but the +/-'s for those who are curious:

Adrenaline Rush: +20/-3

Controlled Breathing: +20/-1

Escape Artist: +14/-0

Firecracker: +9/-0

Friendship: +5/-2

Grinder: +5/-1

Home Body: +20/-2

Hypochondriac: +18/-9

Lead Foot: +10/-0

Level Headed: +13/-4

Lightfoot: +15/-4

Lone Wolf +9/-1

Man at Arms: +25/-3

Marathon: +15/-2

Medic: +10/-1

Motorboating: +14/-2

My Dad's a Cop: +28/-0

NIght Owl: +57/-0

Potent Ranger: +20/-3

Preparedness: +10/-2

Psychic: +19/-2

Swimmer: +25/-1

Restful: +14/-0

Scout: +15/-0

Sneaky: +25/-4

Spatial Awareness: +25/-1

Sucker Punch: +25/-0

Swift Attacker: +20/-2

Thick Skinned: +19/-0

That's all she wrote. BTW, Thick Skinned is COMPLETE garbage now after being nerfed. Prior to this last patch I could snap two traps and still not be limping, now I snap ONE and I'm already limping.

Perks.JPEG

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Miss AJ said:

I have almost never seen this perk with a clock symbol drop, except when I got an epic Restful myself (sorry :-/) when I first started playing since the game launched. I see Marathon a lot more than Restful! 

I use AJ. An Epic Restful would go a long way with her. I have a Rare Restful but I want that Epic!

Once you roll a certain perk with RNG I think you should be able to spend CP to upgrade its effectiveness, with caps of course. Want to cap out your marathon? That'll cost a lot of CP. Even more if you want to remove the penalties. You could take a chance and try to roll for it more cheaply, or you can stockpile your CP to get the perk you want.

Conversely, it would be interesting to spend CP on Jason-related items other than kills. Give Jason a perk slot (just one) that can help him balance out some of his weaknesses without completely negating them. For example, you could have a perk that gives him 1 extra trap. Or a perk that gives a short recharge boost to shift each time Jason destroys a cabin door. Stuff like that.

1 person likes this

Omg Switters....that's amazing All Epic perks reds! that's what everyone hopes for one day. I knew somebody has that kind of collection but it's impressive to actually see it. Thanks for posting that picture. 

I'll post my perks too.  I've been pretty lucky myself so I can't complain just got to keep trying n grinding out. It's not easy upgrading rares into epics but I need a good Swift attacker, most wanted right now  

IfVZeML.jpg

1 person likes this

I had 40k at the start of the last patch. Bought part IV’s new kills, and the rest on perks, trying to upgrade My Dad’s a Cop from Uncommon. I sold anything under Epic. Got 3 new Epic perks. Didn’t roll My Dad’s a Cop a single time.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I had 40k at the start of the last patch. Bought part IV’s new kills, and the rest on perks, trying to upgrade My Dad’s a Cop from Uncommon. I sold anything under Epic. Got 3 new Epic perks. Didn’t roll My Dad’s a Cop a single time.

Good luck keep grinding today n tomorrow hope you get your Dad's a cop!  

I like that the new Jason's kills were cheap...

the Jarvis -Free! Might be my fav actually 

up and under -only $500 cp 

Chop suey- $1,000 cp 

can I get my Swift attacker already!!

15 hours ago, Miss AJ said:

It seems like certain perks are really hard to get Epic or rare....Marathon, Swift attacker (I want this), Hypochodriac, or Restful are ones I've rarely seen. I've rolled a lot of perks like many, I spend all my cp doing it. 

I have epic marathon and restful. I want an epic thick skinned and can't get anything but uncommon