Speed_Force92

Jarvis map is the worst Part 4 Jason is a disappointment and yall screwed up double xp to top it off good job yall

You're wrong. 

Jarvis map is smoother and thus better, also the part 4 Jason is one of the best.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Speed_Force92 said:

Title speaks for itself

Gee, tell us how you really feel. I like the map so far, and have yet to play J4, but he looks fun to play to me.

• Like 1

Angst. Noted...next in line please.

• Like 4

How anyone can say the smoothest looking map is the worst is beyond me.

That map is literally the only good looking map. 

If single player looks as smooth as that, I'll be quite happy. 

- The map is awesome

- I haven't even gotten to use Part IV Jason yet so I can't comment

- Well,you got me there.

• Like 1

Just now, HaroldSakata said:

Part IV is a great mix of abilities and he carries the best music in the game.

He's also the hardest to escape from lol when I see others using part 4 I'm like "crap" ?

Also when I used part 4 I got 8 kills even though the cops were called. That's how op he is ?

I quite like the map but it does seem quite hard to win as counselors on it.  The long stamina draining distances between small clusters of cabins that Pt IV can tear through in seconds makes it pretty rough.  I could add 'no four seater' to this but, if I'm being honest, I haven't seen anyone repair much of anything, so the number of seats isn't really factoring in right now.

11 minutes ago, Strangefate said:

I quite like the map but it does seem quite hard to win as counselors on it.  The long stamina draining distances between small clusters of cabins that Pt IV can tear through in seconds makes it pretty rough.  I could add 'no four seater' to this but, if I'm being honest, I haven't seen anyone repair much of anything, so the number of seats isn't really factoring in right now.

Because there's shitty cabin placement it's hard as fuck to get a vehicle undetected if you manage to even find a part to begin with the map would be better if there wasn't so much empty space and more cabins its a give me to any Jason that is somewhat decent and can run and a give me even more to part 3 because his shift is normal unlike 2 and 4 especially in the areas to the side with the solo cabin on narrow land any Jason with the slightest shift skill can easily pick off counselors in that area and in all the vacant space counselors have no real way to out maneuver Jason because there's only 1-3 cabins per small area the map forces you to put stuff together fast while simultaneously giving Jason a huge advantage when it comes to traversing the huge map that has to be navigated quickly or You're basically fucked its shitty unless you're Jason

4 minutes ago, Speed_Force92 said:

Because there's shitty cabin placement it's hard as fuck to get a vehicle undetected if you manage to even find a part to begin with the map would be better if there wasn't so much empty space and more cabins its a give me to any Jason that is somewhat decent and can run and a give me even more to part 3 because his shift is normal unlike 2 and 4 especially in the areas to the side with the solo cabin on narrow land any Jason with the slightest shift skill can easily pick off counselors in that area and in all the vacant space counselors have no real way to out maneuver Jason because there's only 1-3 cabins per small area the map forces you to put stuff together fast while simultaneously giving Jason a huge advantage when it comes to traversing the huge map that has to be navigated quickly or You're basically fucked its shitty unless you're Jason

So it sounds like you need more practice at the map, and game. That's fine though you'll eventually figure it out.

• Like 2

I fucking love the new map and new Jason so much! It is the most atmospheric map yet. I enjoy the difficult terrain and longer distances between the cabins and the various areas. It feels very true to the locale and provides really intense play. And Jason IV's kills may each be my new favorites! Plus his abilities seem to be a pretty cool balance of frightening power.

We've been playing against high quality Jasons, using (in-game only) communication between each other, and have managed to get repairs done and get escapes, while Jasons have also had success - as it all should be!

Not everything is for everyone, but the Jarvis House Map is definitely great for me, and many people I have been playing with in quick play! :) 

Also, for the record, the game is playing great on the pc. It does suck that the PS4 players are having issues. Let's face it - this shit happens and, even when expected and planned for, can still go south. Just like all our fancy technology and cell phones... they don't always work as great as we'd like them to.

• Like 1

I only played it once, but it seemed pretty cool.  Of all the maps they have, this one seemed the most true to the actual movies in terms of the layout and the detail put into it.

This game needed a bigger map I feel like.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

I fucking love the new map and new Jason so much! It is the most atmospheric map yet. I enjoy the difficult terrain and longer distances between the cabins and the various areas. It feels very true to the locale and provides really intense play. And Jason IV's kills may each be my new favorites! Plus his abilities seem to be a pretty cool balance of frightening power.

We've been playing against high quality Jasons, using (in-game only) communication between each other, and have managed to get repairs done and get escapes, while Jasons have also had success - as it all should be!

Not everything is for everyone, but the Jarvis House Map is definitely great for me, and many people I have been playing with in quick play! :) 

Also, for the record, the game is playing great on the pc. It does suck that the PS4 players are having issues. Let's face it - this shit happens and, even when expected and planned for, can still go south. Just like all our fancy technology and cell phones... they don't always work as great as we'd like them to.

The PS4 has been working as of late. My guess is all the angry gamers left while the people who waited till night like me are now bankrolling all that XP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The main problem with the Jarvis map is the lack of stuff in-between all the cabins. They should put extra items and weapons scattered around so there's more to survive with.

Or maybe throw a knapsack at a campfire that has a loot option or something like that I feel like you might see where I’m heading in my mind.

• Like 1

I love the new map!

It has a very unique atmosphere and the visuals are on point. The long distances between the clusters of cabins have made travelling the woods seem risky and creepy again. The map is riddled with narrow hidden passages between the rocks and the hills that separate the sections of the map. These routes work as great tension builders: if Jason finds you here, you only have one direction to flee in. The narrow trails and changing terrains also greatly reduce your vision and you don't really know what to expect around the next corner. Some parts of the map also feel a little more darker than what we have had in the previous maps. I also found myself using the tents for the first time for a safe breather. The southern campsite is rather centrally located and offers nice cover for stamina recharge pre-rage.

The distances also make chase sequences more multidimensional. You simply have to learn to take the full advantage of every broken down cabin or take a risk with a long run to the next cluster. The cabins usually provide more cover than just the front doors. You can waste Jason's time with every room that has a door and take advantage of every unbroken window (or even use the broken windows to switch rooms with the medic perk). If nothing else, the walls offer a little more safety from shifts when you need to take a little breather for stamina. As for the long runs between the cabins, they are manageable even with low stamina characters but only if you manage your stamina. Never sprint unless you are dodging a shift-grab. The distances aren't too vast for jogging and Jason shouldn't have more than once chance at shift-grab between the clusters due to cooldowns.

As for the Jarvis House and the Party House, the details here are very nice. The interiors are very unique and the layouts in all of their simplicity still manage to somehow create something of a maze in both of the houses. Both of them also come with very tight spaces, creating a nice atmosphere of panic during chase sequences. In my experience, the houses really slow down Jason, as well, even if they lack strong doors. I find it hilarious how you can accidentally mess up someone else's chase sequence in the Party House; the only way in are through lockable doors as the windows are all too high to climb. 

However, the houses are also the main point of my critique. The loot is very sparse here compared to Packanack and Higgins. There are no guaranteed spawns such as shotgun or medsprays and you can't count on the kitchens to provide stun weapons, either. Jason has a very little context kills here even though the killings in the movie mostly took part here. There is also a very little reason to go to the houses. The objectives don't center themselves around them at all: while there are car spawns just north and south of them, I rarely observed anyone else, or Jason, coming to the houses, and only once did I witness a car part spawn here in the 10-15 rounds I've played.

I also hate the fact the phone always spawns at one of the two clusters in the southern end of the map. If your own spawn point is also there, there's really no point to leave the south before you call the police (except maybe to hide until Jason has trapped the place but even then you can just jog up to the opposite cluster and wait there). 

As for any other observations, I noticed the counselors' spawn points really encourage team work. You are almost always paired with some else at the remote locations in the beginning so sticking together really pays off here.

• Like 1

Great map. Fun Jason. New Councilor. All free. Dispite some server issues really not much to complain about. Because you know..............free.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Strangefate said:

It's fairly easy to call the cops though. The phone house always spawns in one of the cabins to the far south and the fuse spawns down there with it. So, it's just a matter of clearing traps and distracting Jason.

I had a crappy run as part 4 jason on the javvis map yesterday.  Only killed 4/7 and cops were called. 

My biggest issue was just not being able to see. It was raining and very dark and foggy. My chases entailed me using sense bc without it I couldn't see. Lol

I'm also not used to part 4 yet. It was my first run with him. His shift isn't very good but love the destruction and running.

There is almost no reason to go to the middle houses as they don't spawn anything that could help with objectives. The basement is the only place where I was able to find gas and its rare there.

Most of the items seem to spawn at the bottom for me. The propeller however just seems to spawn at the far house opposite to the boat. So you have to run across the map to fetch it.