Yup. I was having a good time, but lost connection to the host (of course, while I was Jason). Any invites I receive now give me an unknown error while trying to connect and I can’t get into any matches via quick play. Dedicated servers were an absolute necessity for this. I have no idea why the developers thought it would work out this time when it didn’t work out at launch or the last time there was a double XP event. When they revealed dedicated servers, they said end of September or early October before disc release. Obviously I wasn’t expecting September at all, but I figured it would be before the physical copy release to be able to accommodate the newcomers. The old “you guys destroyed our servers and expectations!” excuse doesn’t apply the third time. New players are just going to return the game when they see that it doesn’t work. Fail. 

• Like 1

No connection to servers possible on PS4 in Germany/Europe right now...

This was supposed to be a fun double XP evening to grind some ranks. But now - it's nothing since about an hour...

I have always defended GunMedia and was a backer on Kickstarter but today I"m feeling more than just a little bit disappointed...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TestedTwice said:

Yup. I was having a good time, but lost connection to the host (of course, while I was Jason). Any invites I receive now give me an unknown error while trying to connect and I can’t get into any matches via quick play. Dedicated servers were an absolute necessity for this. I have no idea why the developers thought it would work out this time when it didn’t work out at launch or the last time there was a double XP event. When they revealed dedicated servers, they said end of September or early October before disc release. Obviously I wasn’t expecting September at all, but I figured it would be before the physical copy release to be able to accommodate the newcomers. Oh well. 

I agree, I think and hope at least they are going to release them in the end of October.

This is a slap in the face to people who have struggled game after game to even finish due to host leaving (maybe for connectivity issues?), connectivity, and server issues. At this point, each player needs to be awarded a MODEST 10,000 experience points equating to a mere 20 completed games. We deserve more, but with the newest botched 2x XP weekend, I'm pissed, officially. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

At least the new players will get a taste of what we had to put up with for the past 5 months.

LOL

1 minute ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We're currently looking into the PS4 connectivity issues. 

Sorry for in the inconvenience 

You guys said that last time. And the time before. And the time before that. And yesterday probably. 

6 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Yup. I was having a good time, but lost connection to the host (of course, while I was Jason). Any invites I receive now give me an unknown error while trying to connect and I can’t get into any matches via quick play. Dedicated servers were an absolute necessity for this. I have no idea why the developers thought it would work out this time when it didn’t work out at launch or the last time there was a double XP event. When they revealed dedicated servers, they said end of September or early October before disc release. Obviously I wasn’t expecting September at all, but I figured it would be before the physical copy release to be able to accommodate the newcomers. Oh well. 

And just like last time, I'm sure the ps4 players are going to get a middle finger rather than support or anything to compensate our time.  I mean I took the day off of work for this event, I even bought the stupid emote pack because I thought "hey, they deserve my money".

Way to poison the well right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Sorry for the inconvenience...AND....?

• Like 1

After all the frustration with this game I foolishly told a few of my coworkers to pick it up in stores today. One already texted me pretty pissed off. I think he's gonna return it. This is a fucking joke.

Game of the year candidate!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

What’s new.

7 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

You guys said that last time. And the time before. And the time before that. And yesterday probably. 

Nothing ever changes with this company. I still think they need to hand it off to a different developer.

• Like 2

I'm sat in a party waiting for things to be fixed. 

If too many players have crashed the servers at late afternoon (US time) on Friday the 13th...I dread to think what "prime-time" will be like from 6pm onwards when people have finished work etc and thousands upon thousands more come online. :wacko:

8 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'm sat in a party waiting for things to be fixed. 

If too many players have crashed the servers at late afternoon (US time) on Friday the 13th...I dread to think what "prime-time" will be like from 6pm onwards when people have finished work etc and thousands upon thousands more come online. :wacko:

I recommend you play other game now, probably this is is not gonna be fixed till the end of the day.

Just bought the ps4 game, and for the last hour I'm getting a "failure to connect". I still haven't even played one game yet, this is frustrating. Am I ever going to get to even play the game on Friday the 13th? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geez said:

Just bought the ps4 game, and for the last hour I'm getting a "failure to connect". I still haven't even played one game yet, this is frustrating. Am I ever going to get to even play the game on Friday the 13th? 

You have to be patience. There's was another double xp weekend before this and servers crashed too.

1 minute ago, Vigorowicz said:

when we get dedicated servers?

Probably late October.

If I didn't live in Sonoma County, and wasn't witness to dozens of people losing their homes, I might be upset about this. See tragic events really puts things in perspective. Anyway, I am sure by the time I get home later today, everything will be sorted out. If not, no big deal, I will be able to play the game again eventually.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

After all the frustration with this game I foolishly told a few of my coworkers to pick it up in stores today. One already texted me pretty pissed off. I think he's gonna return it. This is a fucking joke.

Game of the year candidate!

OOP. The quick returns.

Yea I started a game about 1hr 30min ago ago to get booted with an connection error.   I been trying and resetting internet just to get failed to be a host, verify your internet connection. 

I take it ps4 servers are completely down then (UK here)