Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FreakyFrank1

James Rolfe & Mike from Cinemassacre are playing F13 the game...

19 posts in this topic

I wasnt sure if i should put this topic in General or Off-topic,i'll let the mods decide...

But anyway,James Rolfe (a.k.a the Angry video game nerd) is finally seeing and playing F13 the game for the first time alongside his friend Mike...

They seem pretty impressed with the game so far,share your toughts on their opinions...

1 person likes this

Sorry,dont want to break the rule,but since someone just made a duplicate topic right after i made this one,i decided to bump this one in hope that the mods see what's going on,the other one will need to go.

Back on topic,so guys what do you think,was James and Mike toughts on the game fair ?

Do you think they should play more of it ?

38 minutes ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

Sorry,dont want to break the rule,but since someone just made a duplicate topic right after i made this one,i decided to bump this one in hope that the mods see what's going on,the other one will need to go.

Back on topic,so guys what do you think,was James and Mike toughts on the game fair ?

Do you think they should play more of it ?

Honestly, I could care less about watching other people play the game. Not interested. 

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Honestly, I could care less about watching other people play the game. Not interested. 

Every time someone posts in a topic to say they don't care about that topic God... does nothing because why would he give a shit even if he did exist.

The rest of us point and laugh at that person though.

*points at TestedTwice*

HA HA!

3 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

Every time someone posts in a topic to say they don't care about that topic God... does nothing because why would he give a shit even if he did exist.

The rest of us point and laugh at that person though.

*points at TestedTwice*

HA HA!

Ouch. My feelings. 

I liked their NES Friday the 13th game review back in the day

1 person likes this

I watched some of it. I like cinemassacre,so I will finish the rest but I found it funny that during the first game they played,Jason did a rage quit.

1 person likes this

It’s the Angry Video Game Nerd??? Now I feel a little like an ass. Guess I should’ve read the first post in this thread. Haha. I used to watch him quite a bit back in the day. Had no idea he was using a different name, though. Had no idea what his real name was either. I just want to be able to play the game myself!

I was hoping they'd get to this.  They usually don't do online multiplayer games.

20 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

It’s the Angry Video Game Nerd??? Now I feel a little like an ass. Guess I should’ve read the first post in this thread. Haha. I used to watch him quite a bit back in the day. Had no idea he was using a different name, though. Had no idea what his real name was either. I just want to be able to play the game myself!

Cinnemassacre has always been his handle. One side project he had was the AVGN, that just happened to be what caught on.

Anyway, the vid is okay, but Mike is a doorknob who talks like he "knows" something when he doesn't know jack shit, and jack left town.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Cinnemassacre has always been his handle. One side project he had was the AVGN, that just happened to be what caught on.

Anyway, the vid is okay, but Mike is a doorknob who talks like he "knows" something when he doesn't know jack shit, and jack left town.

Yeah,I've always enjoyed "The Nerd" but it feels like he's tired of being that character/making those videos. Its rough when you get famous for something you wished would branch off into something else. He's the AVGN,and I wish he would embrace it fully.

Mike,is insufferable though. 

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Ouch. My feelings. 

There, there little butterfly. Just fly your precious wings up and away.

This world is too dark and disturbing for something as pretty as you.

28 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Mike,is insufferable though. 

A hundred times this. Mike has an ego, is never wrong, and has some of the shittiest taste in anything I've ever seen. His "i'm never wrong" mentality and talking like he knows anything is painful and really steers James in bad directions at times. That, and said mindset encourages him to talk over everyone because what he has to say is obviously more important.

1 person likes this

I'm embarrassed to have the same name as that shit stain!!  Mike was a great name until that lil fuckers parents named him that as well!!!

8 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Right on. I watched quite a few videos of his as AVGN and found him pretty hilarious. I remember one in particular; the Superman 64 video he did. Laughed like an idiot at that one. Lol. 

8 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

There, there little butterfly. Just fly your precious wings up and away.

This world is too dark and disturbing for something as pretty as you.

Do you make it your life goal to hurt people? You’re ruining my life. Thanks for calling me pretty, though! Lol. 

12 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

A hundred times this. Mike has an ego, is never wrong, and has some of the shittiest taste in anything I've ever seen. His "i'm never wrong" mentality and talking like he knows anything is painful and really steers James in bad directions at times. That, and said mindset encourages him to talk over everyone because what he has to say is obviously more important.

From what I gather from reading online, James has two kids, and one has health challenges, so he spends a lot of time with his family these days, versus messing around making movies when he was a kid without responsibilities.

I think the reason why Mike is such a presence (and tolerated) is that he essentially runs Cinemassacre and does all the editing for him, which allows James to spend less time working, do the projects he loves when he does, and let Mike fill the channel with content so he can pay his mortgage. James owns Cinemassacre, but Mike is the driving force behind it. Without him, James would be overwhelmed with the workload.

Another thing to note is that James is not really a huge gamer. He's a film buff first and foremost. The AVGN was a character based partly on Mike, and for James it was mainly about the scripting and filming of the AVGN series, not the games, but it's games that bring in the clicks, not homebrew films. Notice James is pretty bad at videogames - even classic ones - and doesn't seem to play many, if any, modern games.

I think Mike's biggest sin is allegedly forcing Bootsy out of Cinemassacre for outshining him in their videos. Bootsy was way more popular with the fans, and better at games too, which you could tell even in the videos, really chafed Mike's considerable ego having someone know more than him on something.

4 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

From what I gather from reading online, James has two kids, and one has health challenges, so he spends a lot of time with his family these days, versus messing around making movies when he was a kid without responsibilities.

I think the reason why Mike is such a presence (and tolerated) is that he essentially runs Cinemassacre and does all the editing for him, which allows James to spend less time working, do the projects he loves when he does, and let Mike fill the channel with content so he can pay his mortgage. James owns Cinemassacre, but Mike is the driving force behind it. Without him, James would be overwhelmed with the workload.

Another thing to note is that James is not really a huge gamer. He's a film buff first and foremost. The AVGN was a character based partly on Mike, and for James it was mainly about the scripting and filming of the AVGN series, not the games, but it's games that bring in the clicks, not homebrew films. Notice James is pretty bad at videogames - even classic ones - and doesn't seem to play many, if any, modern games.

I think Mike's biggest sin is allegedly forcing Bootsy out of Cinemassacre for outshining him in their videos. Bootsy was way more popular with the fans, and better at games too, which you could tell even in the videos, really chafed Mike's considerable ego having someone know more than him on something.

Yeah I don't fault Mike's technical talents, but his personality is grating as all hell.

I prefer James' more passive reviews where he focuses on the aspects of the games and the technical specs and such, and it's apt that he goes bananas when something is super shitty. Some of the scripts for the stupid fights or whatever is fun, but should be done in really small moderation.

I used to think the same thing about Mike.  I couldn't stand him at first but he did kind of grow on me because I think he pales in comparison to some of the guests they've had like The Nostalgia Critic.  That dude is like a rake to a chalkboard personality wise.

4 hours ago, Deeify said:

I used to think the same thing about Mike.  I couldn't stand him at first but he did kind of grow on me because I think he pales in comparison to some of the guests they've had like The Nostalgia Critic.  That dude is like a rake to a chalkboard personality wise.

Oh man don't even get me started on the Nostalgia Critic...Ugh.

Didn't know that about Bootsy,and it's a shame because he definitely was entertaining.