Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Archgamer

Getting alerted when a trap goes off

Recommended Posts

There has been a few times that a trap has been disarmed and I don't get alerted as Jason. Whether they step on it or use a pocket knive I dont hear it go off and someone calls the cops.

Does this has anything to do with where you are in proximity to the trap? Or are the counselors exploiting a glitch that I haven't heard about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this happen to me once after the new patch.  All of the sudden the cops showed up and I hadn't even heard them called like usual.  I thought I had just been chasing/killing someone at the time and didn't hear it which may still be the case.

Hopefully there's no exploit for that.  That's pretty rough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

There has been a few times that a trap has been disarmed and I don't get alerted as Jason. Whether they step on it or use a pocket knive I dont hear it go off and someone calls the cops.

Does this has anything to do with where you are in proximity to the trap? Or are the counselors exploiting a glitch that I haven't heard about?

They way its worked in my experience is if you are too far away you won't hear a trap go off unless someone steps in it. If they use a pocket knife, you won't hear it unless you are in the area where the trap was placed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, John Wick said:

They way its worked in my experience is if you are too far away you won't hear a trap go off unless someone steps in it. If they use a pocket knife, you won't hear it unless you are in the area where the trap was placed.

If they step on the trap you'll hear them screaming all the way across the map.

You might be correct if they disarm it with the knives though. It's been inconsistent to me. Sometime I hear it go off and no scream. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pocket Knife doest not promt any sound. Anyone who steps on a trap will alert Jason no matter how far he is. However the Bonus "Trapper" which gives you a visual icon on your screen you only get it once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually hate the traps in this game now. Their original purpose is just gone, the maps might as well start with 2 traps pre-loaded on the phone and 3 at the car, at least that way we might see more than just Part 2 Jason on every game.

It's gotten to the point where I just purposely walk into every trap I see now just to get rid of it because I can't be arsed looking for a million pocket knives just to get to the objectives. I'd rather die knowing I've eliminated traps from the round.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mojitodominic said:

Pocket Knife doest not promt any sound. Anyone who steps on a trap will alert Jason no matter how far he is. However the Bonus "Trapper" which gives you a visual icon on your screen you only get it once.

You sure about this? I there has been many times that a trap goes off and I hear it, but no scream. This would have me indicate that the counselor disarmed it with a pocket knife. 

Something is glitch or something has changed. I just like to get to the bottom of this, so I know what I'm dealing with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you've uncovered an issue with the new patch. I keep experiencing muted sound effects. Since the patch, I randomly can't hear Jason chopping at or busting down doors. I used to listen for that cue, not I have to be looking straight at the door which is not realistic. If I'm in the vicinity, I'd hear someone busting down a door. One of the last games I was able to play ahem... I was crouched with my weapon by a window looking at a player outside,  waiting for Jason to chop down the door. Suddenly he grabbed me; the door had already been chopped and I never heard anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

You sure about this? I there has been many times that a trap goes off and I hear it, but no scream. This would have me indicate that the counselor disarmed it with a pocket knife. 

Something is glitch or something has changed. I just like to get to the bottom of this, so I know what I'm dealing with.

When I mean that Jason hears it it's not necessarily the counselor screaming. After certain distance you can't hear the counselor scream. You do hear the trap go off however. Same as the gas, battery or propeller when counselor misses the mini game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guy said:

I actually hate the traps in this game now. Their original purpose is just gone, the maps might as well start with 2 traps pre-loaded on the phone and 3 at the car, at least that way we might see more than just Part 2 Jason on every game.

It's gotten to the point where I just purposely walk into every trap I see now just to get rid of it because I can't be arsed looking for a million pocket knives just to get to the objectives. I'd rather die knowing I've eliminated traps from the round.

Wasn't their original intent to keep counselors the hell away from areas you wanted them the hell away from? Isnt that how they're used now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mojitodominic said:

Pocket Knife doest not promt any sound. Anyone who steps on a trap will alert Jason no matter how far he is. However the Bonus "Trapper" which gives you a visual icon on your screen you only get it once.

I thought you get the visual prompt no matter what? Iv always noticed the icon "fills in" when its been sprung, regardless if its the first or 5th trap thats been placed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I thought you get the visual prompt no matter what? Iv always noticed the icon "fills in" when its been sprung, regardless if its the first or 5th trap thats been placed.

That's because you only get one bonus point per activity except for kills. For example you break an electrical box or a radio and you'll get "Party Crasher" but you break a second one and you wont get the XP. Same thing with traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I think you've uncovered an issue with the new patch. I keep experiencing muted sound effects. Since the patch, I randomly can't hear Jason chopping at or busting down doors. I used to listen for that cue, not I have to be looking straight at the door which is not realistic. If I'm in the vicinity, I'd hear someone busting down a door. One of the last games I was able to play ahem... I was crouched with my weapon by a window looking at a player outside,  waiting for Jason to chop down the door. Suddenly he grabbed me; the door had already been chopped and I never heard anything.

That might be from the buff that Stalk got from this update. Once it's used you really can't hear him walk or bust down a door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AceMyth316 said:

That might be from the buff that Stalk got from this update. Once it's used you really can't hear him walk or bust down a door

I think you're right. However, that doen't this make sense. He's interacting with the environment and could not physically control my perception of that event, therefore it's bogus ya know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect you're not supposed to hear traps disarmed by pocket knives as a Jason.  It is a big sacrifice to use a pocket knife that way after all and if still alerts Jason it'd be a waste.

I do agree with the person saying they find the whole trap the phone and car thing is increasingly boring.  The use of traps has become so predictable that it might as well be preloaded.  Really as like Buggzy or Vanessa a person could probably just gather up first aids and run around triggering the traps in early game if they wanted to help their team.  You know where they're going to be and might as well do it early when Jason's power regen is still reasonably low.

I'd really like to see the devs experiment with a new game mode, maybe one where the counselors can't escape but have to survive through the night.  This would probably need a shorter game clock than the current one though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I think you're right. However, that doen't this make sense. He's interacting with the environment and could not physically control my perception of that event, therefore it's bogus ya know

With gun/illfonic perception is not reality lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×