Ok, so I got on to play FT13 to try new content and not going to lie the Tommy Jarvis House is probably my fav map!! 

• Like 4

Edited the title of your post to better state what the content is within the thread :)

• Like 2

There's so many places to check in the big houses and the cabins are REALLY far apart... I haven't gotten much play time (stupid fucking quick play) but I'll be looking into it a lot more over the weekend.

• Like 1

Also loving the new map!  And the new Jason.  Counselor isn’t for me but glad you added another fixer.

Going to buy the emotes today as well. 

13 minutes ago, Truth said:

There's so many places to check in the big houses and the cabins are REALLY far apart... I haven't gotten much play time (stupid fucking quick play) but I'll be looking into it a lot more over the weekend.

Same here, i had one quick match, i got to see tommys room; Great map.

• Like 1

Yes LOVE the map. 

Sadly, of the 5 matches I've played on it the host quit 3 times...infuriating. 

Also I have yet to see part IV Jason! I have not been picked and so far all who have been main VI & VII. Blaaargg. 

I wish I actually got to explore the Jarvis map, the only match I got into last night that was in that map, kicked us back to the main menu before I could even find the Jarvis house.  

• Like 1

The new map is awesome.  The spacing feels super challenging and I really enjoy the wide open spaces.  Not knowing the map yet and traveling blind (w/o a map) I find myself getting turned around and lost and I love it haha.  Two things I’ve also noticed in the 10 or so matches I’ve played Jarvis house I think there’s been a boat every time which is awesome and treacherous because that boat path is intense.  The thing that I’ve enjoyed the most so far and I hope it gets reflected on the original full size maps is that it doesn’t feel like key objects (gas, battery, prop) spawn in quite so obvious a quarter of the map where the objective is. I feel that may be confusing when read but other players especially those who have put countless hours in will get what I’m saying I hope.  An example of this is basically when you think about Crystal lake full size everyone knows the only key objective you may find in, Springwater or is it Stillwater in Crystal Lake, is maybe the fuse but you’ll never find gas, battery, or a prop down there and I like the idea that on occasion you may have to move these key objectives a considerable distance will make some team work more important if you have to travel 3/4 of the map to drop off a can of gas.

Almost  forgot to mention how awesome it was to see a two seater car and a boat on the new matches as well.

All in all great update things feels awesome the new music for part 4 is fantastic the final chapter has always been my favorite.

Because not all can be high praise otherwise I just feel super biased like they could no wrong my one and only single “complaint” and I use that word very very loosely is whatever is with Jason’s right ear and why it has a Goonies Sloth tilt I only just watched part 4 not that long ago and don’t recall that but I could be wrong.  I do know there’s a nice screening of The Final Chapter this Friday at a theater named the colonial in Pheonixville PA for any horror buffs it’s the theater from the 1950’s original The Blob and I will be looking intently at Jason’s ear all movie lol. 

Have a great Thursday all enjoy the new content slaughter, survive, but most of all have a great fucking time double xp starts tonight at 7 I’ve heard so for anyone not 44 yet get that grind on and come fall in love with the magic that is part 4.

Quick edit after looking at some of the high detailed toys from the 4th film he does look to have a pretty healthy sloth ear when de masked but maybe it was that in the film the band of th mask held it in place more.  And again let me say how this is in no way some kind of deal breaker or important thing to be upset about but when I feel like singing this much praise I feel it required to at least point out one negative otherwise it’s like saying they could have given me a pile of shit and I would have just found a way to dress it up.

Edited by UprightChair
Researched Sloth Ear
  • Like 1

It’s abundantly clear these guys keep learning as they make new content, because yea, the Jarvis house map is the best thing they’ve put out, from a layout perspective and atmosphere. Every time these guys make a new map the atmosphere gets better and better. It started with the small maps and has just reached a crescendo with the Jarvis map. Can’t wait to see what’s next. 

• Like 2

I love the new map most I have a feeling that a lot of people love the new map

• Like 1

Love the new map. I forgot that this game can actually be very scary,  when your in an unfamiliar environment, that and the rain and lighting add so much atmosphere.The Jarvis/Guest house level of detail is incredible. I'm determined to kill Jason in the living room of the jarvis house. That's on my bucket list for sure :D 

As Jason this Map plays really well. I love the use of water. J7 and J8 have a real advantage here. The update to stalk, giving Jason quite steps was much needed. I'm getting more jump scares from people. The layout of the Jarvis home has so many corners and tight areas to cut Counsellors off, and wait in stalk, and grab them, as they turn a corner.

Same goes for the guest house. I had a great Jumpscare in the Guest house. I saw Buggzy enter the basement of the guest house, and I activated Stalk, and went through the front entrance, and waited in the kitchen beside the basement doorway. Buggzy walked up the stairs, and turned right into my Grab. Possibly the loudest scream I've heard from another player, so far.

Now if only there was a corkscrew kill in the kitchen :D

A few minor complaints.

So far I have yet to see the phonebox spawn at the Jarvis/Guest house. I hope it does, as it would give players more reason to go to those locations, and a great way for Jason to be waiting in Stalk upstairs in a bedroom.

Also no Bunkbed in the guest house! 

• Like 3

Glad there's a new map but not sure how I feel about it yet I need more time. Definitely seems the most challenging, its very big and things are spaced out, hope we get a small version.

People keep quitting too, FIX THE HOST MIGRATION OR DEDICATED SERVERS

New Map is a breath of fresh air I love the design of it. Still getting the feel of the layout. Allot of running in wide open spaces that's for sure.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, John Wick said:

It’s abundantly clear these guys keep learning as they make new content, because yea, the Jarvis house map is the best thing they’ve put out, from a layout perspective and atmosphere. Every time these guys make a new map the atmosphere gets better and better. It started with the small maps and has just reached a crescendo with the Jarvis map. Can’t wait to see what’s next. 

^This^

They've done an excellent job on this map. The houses are ridiculously accurate to a tee. Love the other maps, but this is a further step up again. Hats off to the developers. I can't wait to see what they do with the upcoming maps. It just feels like they will get better and better still. Looking forward to the community weekend for sure. 

5 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

Glad there's a new map but not sure how I feel about it yet I need more time. Definitely seems the most challenging, its very big and things are spaced out, hope we get a small version.

People keep quitting too, FIX THE HOST MIGRATION OR DEDICATED SERVERS

The developers have mentioned several times in the past they're looking to bring in dedicated servers in the near future. We don't have an exact time table, but we do know the developers are working towards this.

3 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Also loving the new map!  And the new Jason.  Counselor isn’t for me but glad you added another fixer.

Going to buy the emotes today as well. 

weren't the emotes added awhile back? do I need to go to the store and purchase more? if so I need to get on that before it gets pulled or something lol

4 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

weren't the emotes added awhile back? do I need to go to the store and purchase more? if so I need to get on that before it gets pulled or something lol

They have a new pack that isn't free.  It includes dances and some new emotes :)  It's only $2 so why not.

21 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

i have one question that must be answered...

IS THE PART 4 WINDOW THROW A ENVIRONMENTAL KILL?!!

The window throws are the same as before.  I got thrown out of one of the second story vacation house windows.  What's disappointing to me is that you can't jump out of that octagonal window on the upper floor of that house like Trish did.

• Like 1

Yeah the new map is great. I just figured we would get a new house or 2 but it looks like they really put in a lot of work for this one. Really like the re-textured old cabins. The big houses are easy to get lost in as well.

I just now got to play on it. Was on night shift and missed out yesterday. Definitely my favorite map, but holy hell is it tough if you have low Stamina. It is like running a marathon getting to places sometimes. Very challenging. I think it really shakes up the current meta and seriously favors Jason (especially one that is good at objective control). Still have not played Part IV Jason yet. Hopefully I'll get to play him tomorrow sometime.

I love this map as well!

Even though I am not sure I have done so well with either counselor or Jason on it thus far (played about 8 matches, I think).

Those rock ridges are really messing me up, lol. Either as a counselor, I'd be jogging to get somewhere, meet the rock ridges, turn, then find I turned myself around, lol.

And, then, with Jason, I'd sense through the ridges, Shift towards the counselors I can see, without realizing that huge rock ridges were between us, lol.

Hopefully, I will get better at all of that. Regardless, I enjoyed myself on that map SO MUCH.

Oh, also ran (swam?) into a problem when Morphing towards the road exit on the West side... I ended up in the water, far below the road bridge, and unable to stop the escapee! A little frustrating, but I had to just laugh it off. :D Not sure if that's just going to take some better play on my part, or if there is a potential morph spot problem there. 

That and getting in and out of the water, through those rock valleys, seemed to be tricky. Of course, the rain, the darkness, and the overall excitement/pressure combined to make everything feel more difficult than it may have been (just the way I'd hope for this game!!). 

Seriously LOVE this map... the houses' details are fantastic. Tommy's room is perfect - even down to the blinds and curtains drawn closed on the window facing the party house!! :D