I know the stuff you guys are showing is alpha, and it does look cool.  But the kills displayed were weak: hitting someone's head against a rock and off-screen stabbing with blood spray?  

Being early Alpha and from the point of view of the Counselor, it's hard to judge. We were saying we want to see more gore, which I suspect will be present in the final build. I mean, for a F13 standpoint it was more of a tease and a show of gameplay mechanics than it was final production all out blood bath. I suspect seeing the final game will satisfy your... Desires. More blood, bone crunching and likely more "extras" Are in bound. 

Animations are not complete for every kill. This was to showcase game mechanics. The polish will come and there are a ton of kills that were captured during mocap. Also we are very close to getting another 3 via stretch goal.

• Like 2

Being only alpha stage the purpose at the moment is to get the mechanics working they dont worry too much about how the animations look etc till later on in the production stage. When we get the beta version to test that is when u will see all the cool effects.

I liked the kills, but more implement death would have been cool. That said, Bookish Girl got the best of them all.

At the same time, and they're clear on this, Mortal Kombat style fountains of blood and body explosions aren't going to be happening here. Funnily enough the Athletic Girl kills, both in the Pax East teaser and here, have impressed me most (gruesome as it is) for being fairly understated rather than her head just exploding as you might expect.

I was sad when the bookish girl died first! She's my favorite character so far! I wanted to see more gameplay on her!!! :( The kills looked brutal, but amazing!

I think the actual kills revealed so far look pretty flipping cool. The only polish I'd hope for is that the animation looked a bit stiff where Jason was turning while carrying them by the throat. He'd turn right on a dime. Looked "floaty" if that's the right word.

As for gore - I think they're on target with what they're doing. The head in the door, the spine under the boot......made me wince.

I think the actual kills revealed so far look pretty flipping cool. The only polish I'd hope for is that the animation looked a bit stiff where Jason was turning while carrying them by the throat. He'd turn right on a dime. Looked "floaty" if that's the right word.

As for gore - I think they're on target with what they're doing. The head in the door, the spine under the boot......made me wince.

Spine under boot was pretty awesome. Head against wall, well... Not bad, kind of stiff.

A little.  Three motion cap deaths in order of how impressive they seemed (to me):

Chiropractic adjustment to back.  Just the way she bent was awesome. Imagine the cops' reaction when they rolled her over.

Door slam / exploding head.  Sweet -- not just for the head popping like a zit but for the way Jason walked off like "yep, that's right."

Head in the exterior cabin wall.  Was pretty good.  Not on the same level as the other two.

Still plugging in a lot of kills and making things look cool. Trust us, we're hard at work on this and want to show more...but things need to look good and be animated correctly before we show them off.