Shadow_Master

Like system changes

47 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Liked but out of likes..... so mentally liked! Will return the favor later.

Haha.Liked 

5 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

"Forum friends" generally build an understanding and knowing of each other (through walls of onscreen text) if they share opinions, agree on things, have a similar outlook, have banter, shared interest, same sense of humour etc etc. Just as they would in the "real world". I don't think people purposefully "like" a friend's post just because they "know" them, they would often agree and share the same opinion anyway (hence the likes) -  and the notion of upping "like counts" between grown adults is minimal to non-existent I'd say. This isn't elementary/primary school. I've never "liked" for the sake of liking, and I've certainly never had the desire to gain likes or look "popular" (if that's what you would call it) on a message forum. I'm a grown man. I left school many years ago. :lol:  

I liked this with a like, then 1,000 times more. Why is so much changing around the forums lately. Used to be a real fun place to share like-minded posts with folks. Then more rules seem to flow out and things have changed. Not for the good though....

Still shows people names to me until theres too many likes and its just says and "3 others" etc

On 10/15/2017 at 5:19 PM, Tattooey said:

This is logged in

This is logged off

I suspect this is accidental! Very interesting. And thanks for sharing that, Tattooey!

So, I'm not going to dive into the conspiracy theories about the forum police trying to control us. That's currently Crazy Ralph territory (I don't mean the forums user)! :D

Hopefully someone can fix that up, or start looking more into it, when the work-week kicks in.

Also, somebody liked your post. That somebody was me.

Came back to this. Was like who's somebody?

SB9UF6N.jpg

12 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Maybe if everyone who likes a comment actually writes "liked" they change it back.

liked

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

On 10/16/2017 at 6:00 AM, Brigadius said:

Came back to this. Was like who's somebody?

liked

Liked.

I still get the name of the like-er as usual. Huh. That's a weird one.

The system was updated after a glitch in the new software. It will no longer display names for who is liking what, only that people like a post. 

We recommend not responding to threads and saying 'Liked' as a means to showing that you liked something. Simply like and move on :). Posting like that will be considered spam, and we'll need to ask you not do it any more. 

Apologies for the confusion over the current situation, looks like the issue should be alleviated. 

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

The system was updated after a glitch in the new software. It will no longer display names for who is liking what, only that people like a post. 

We recommend not responding to threads and saying 'Liked' as a means to showing that you liked something. Simply like and move on :). Posting like that will be considered spam, and we'll need to ask you not do it any more. 

Apologies for the confusion over the current situation, looks like the issue should be alleviated. 

That is unfortunate. Is this a permanent change, Ben?

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Argh, that's a disappointing change. Without names attached to likes, I question whether they should remain at all.

Anonymous likes just removes the social aspect of it. I mean, we should just all reply and share what we liked and why we liked it... huh, a discussion! :D Nah... we ain't got time for that in this day and age! People only have time for clicking like... and complaining!! :o :P

7 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

Argh, that's a disappointing change. Without names attached to likes, I question whether they should remain at all.

Anonymous likes just removes the social aspect of it. I mean, we should just all reply and share what we liked and why we liked it... huh, a discussion! :D Nah... we ain't got time for that in this day and age! People only have time for clicking like... and complaining!! :o :P

According to you, complaining about nothing because the games perfect. 

57 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

According to you, complaining about nothing because the games perfect. 

Holy shit man, lol. Are you going to follow me around like a whining baby? You were complaining about the game being "BROKEN" in a thread about forum avatars. :D

I called you out on that hyperbole. Don't like it? Oh well! I was making LIGHT of it, because I have a sense of humor and I know bullshit when I see it. I make reasonable criticisms. Not hyperbolic accusations of the state of the game. And if you want to go find the quote of me saying it's perfect, I'll be right here waiting on that... RAGEvirus, lol.

As I said before... "Lighten up, Frances".

4 hours ago, Nomadder said:

Holy shit man, lol. Are you going to follow me around like a whining baby? You were complaining about the game being "BROKEN" in a thread about forum avatars. :D

I called you out on that hyperbole. Don't like it? Oh well! I was making LIGHT of it, because I have a sense of humor and I know bullshit when I see it. I make reasonable criticisms. Not hyperbolic accusations of the state of the game. And if you want to go find the quote of me saying it's perfect, I'll be right here waiting on that... RAGEvirus, lol.

As I said before... "Lighten up, Frances".

Google hyperbole if I was you. You don't need to say it's perfect. You saying we have nothing to complain about it makes it supposedly perfect. Take your rose tinted glasses off, its broken.

16 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Somebody likes this. ;)

Thank you for the information. When I first noticed it I was thinking we had a new forum member named somebody who had unlimited likes. :lol:

12 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Google hyperbole if I was you. You don't need to say it's perfect. You saying we have nothing to complain about it makes it supposedly perfect. Take your rose tinted glasses off, its broken.

Holy hell. And quote where I said there was "nothing to complain about". Take your head out of your ass before you try to see what others are doing. :D

Look. You didn't like someone else saying that your comment was rude. If you don't think you were rude, that's up to you. I've got no time to mommy you, nor do either of us want that. Take the comment and let it go. Or, you know, maybe look at how you express yourself and question if you can maybe improve upon yourself. you see... I provided Ben with the link to this thread and explained what was going on. He checked it out and gave an answer. I don't like the answer, so now I've offered my respectful criticism. 

No need to act like they've punched my dog. Then again, I'm privileged in that I've been inoculated against the rage virus. :D

6 hours ago, Nomadder said:

Holy hell. And quote where I said there was "nothing to complain about". Take your head out of your ass before you try to see what others are doing. :D

Look. You didn't like someone else saying that your comment was rude. If you don't think you were rude, that's up to you. I've got no time to mommy you, nor do either of us want that. Take the comment and let it go. Or, you know, maybe look at how you express yourself and question if you can maybe improve upon yourself. you see... I provided Ben with the link to this thread and explained what was going on. He checked it out and gave an answer. I don't like the answer, so now I've offered my respectful criticism. 

No need to act like they've punched my dog. Then again, I'm privileged in that I've been inoculated against the rage virus. :D

You don't have to say these things, you imply them. Its called reading between the lines. I couldn't give 2 shits if it came across as rude, do some more reading on here and you'll see far ruder. Like gun giving us a still broken game after 5 months.

4 hours ago, Nomadder said:

giphy.gif

Of course. Resorting to shitty gifs as you haven't got the words to defend your hollow argument. 

Basically I don't care about this change.

I take breathers from the forum every once and awhile anyway.

Once the new update came out. I made sure to stay away (and actually play the game consistently for the first time in awhile) until at least a solid week after. Knowing it was going to be a cesspool from both sides around here.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Basically I don't care about this change.

I take breathers from the forum every once and awhile anyway.

Once the new update came out. I made sure to stay away (and actually play the game consistently for the first time in awhile) until at least a solid week after. Knowing it was going to be a cesspool from both sides around here.

Good call.

This is a surprising change. The amount of debates settled with a simple "like" are numerous.

1 person likes this

On 11/3/2017 at 2:48 AM, bewareofbears said:

This is a surprising change. The amount of debates settled with a simple "like" are numerous.

Yeah. So now we must throw in a like when conversing with someone. Seems like a bunch of bullshit to me but oh well. Changes to things that aren't warranted seems to be the MO around here and on the game.